Skip to main content

September Random Thoughts

Its Lake Ontario and the Gulf of Mexico, always has been always will be you stupid orange Pedo fuck! 

Are you pumped for Doomsday?? I am, sort of. I already said the trailers keep showing Doom stopping Stormbreaker with 2 fingers and that looks fucking cheesy. Marvel keeps writing the whole "Infinity Saga" as kind of worthless. Thanos was so big and bad with the gauntlet but then Loki sees Infinity Stones as paper weights in the TVA and Doom stops an attack with 2 fingers that the Gauntlet couldn't? "Hell answers to me" Somethings look super cheesy BUT a lot of it looks really good. Of course most trailers look really good. Honestly lets be glad this "Multiverse Saga" is over. Since Endgame the MCU really hasn't been great. Guardians 3 was amazing, Spiderman recently blew up the box office but in general the movies and series they have put out have been meh, at best. Maybe they had a plan with Kang but it imploded. Maybe people do have a super hero hangover after 20 years of MCU. A lot is riding on Doomsday or the follow up saga. Let's be honest even if it is hot garbage Doomsdays and Secret Wars are going to be huge. Seems like these 2 movies will finally bring all of Marvel into one cinematic universe and erase or at least neatly end up all the other series from over the years. May 5th 2028 X-Men. I have already written how I would do it, what I want in the MCU so I am not doing that again. I do wanna go find out how Jean Grey ties into Spiderman soon though. This "saga" has the potential to revitalize the MCU. Lets be honest before the first Iron Man movie, the mutants were the Marvel silver screen. They are still one of marvels biggest titles and the 2 different movie runs did well until the end. Xmen97 has been awesome and the mutants have enough stories to do a decade long run like the Infinity Saga was. I gotta say Sinister is the right villain. Not just cause he was my pick to start the mutants in the MCU but because if your going to do a saga and how a shadowy villain in it, no one does that better than him. Adam Driver, should be good. I assume we are going with the 80s version were he is menacing not the current version where Tom Ellis would be a better pick for a flamboyant villain. Emma Frost is also cast, are we getting a good Hellfire Club?? Please! Please!! The Hellfire in First Class sucked ass and Shaw was some strange hybrid of Sinister and Shaw, which made no sense. Just please do a good job on the Mutant Saga. I read the Rock was going to be Apocalypse and I am assuming that is totally wrong. Not even sure they are looking for that role yet but please not The Rock. I mean he could be a post credit scene. Also you had the perfect Magik in Anya Joy-Taylor and Dafne Keene in X23. If no one else survives to the MCU please keep those 2. I would keep Fassbender and McAvoy as well but not as much. Hugh, you were a great Wolvie but it is time to hang it up. Hope Doomsday and Secret Wars give him a proper end. Will this be the end of Brie Larson? Rogue is cast and will be in the movies asap......

Also Magneto note. I dunno how they are gonna handle him. 99% of his character is based on the holocaust and how it affected him. Lets say he was 12 in 1945 at the end of the war. 95 is 2028 when the movie arrives. If he is even in the first movie. Honestly that doesnt work. So they can do a time travel / multiverse thing, which it feels like they are trying to get away from. They can give him some mutant power add on where he doesn't age normally. Cpt America him and freeze him in ice..... Or and please don't do this, don't make him from some more recent conflict. I even saw someone say make him Palestinian, fucking really?! He's Jewish!!! What a slap in the face that would be. I don't know how to fix this issue but I will be honest if they change him up, that is a HUGE slap in the face.  

Since we are on movies I will say the Odyssey is so fucking good! All the MAGA retards so angry about it makes it even better. I will be honest, yes first 10 - 15 minutes I had my doubts. By the end I was talking about buying it soon as we can. That they should have made 2 or 3 movies. Is Helen all that hot? No. For the tiny amount she is in it who cares. Elliot Page was actually really good for the role he was cast in. He is not Achilles. That would have been horrible, but who he is.... He is perfect. Everything Tom Holland touches turns gold and this role was the same. So worth seeing in theatres! We also recently watched Solo Mio. Its good. Yes it is a rom-com? I mean it isnt really that funny so maybe just a romance. Yes a big part of it for me was seeing Rome and doing that thing were you say "Oh we were there" but it is also actually a pretty decent movie. Make your wife dinner, pour some wine and cuddle up on a couch. Scary Movie, it doesn't live up to what I wanted. Is comedy funny anymore?? I cant remember the last comedy I sat and laughed and laughed and laughed. Like the first time I saw the first Scary movie, or Ted, or even classic family guy. Even more "wholesome" humor like sitcoms, where are the Friends, Big Bang or That 70s show? We also watched Scream 7. Sorry like all slasher series it has gone WAY down hill. Even though Ghostface is just an average person, they are starting to get the strength of Jason or Mike Myers. The plot is just all over the place, sorry it is just not good. From the series that restarted slashers to this crap?? Also it is awesome Stu is back BUT the whole plot around him is kinda hot garbage as well, when revealed.

Dear Fred Durst, please stop. Ya at 19 you were awesome! I am gonna get pumped and listen to you, head out to the bar! White boy summer! (Or whatever). Now your old and washed up, please stop you just look stupid. 

I said I wasn't going to get all political and I am not but a couple quick points. 1) You would think Trump would be nicer to Canada, considering his families money comes from prostitution in our north. Saw a comedian that really made me laugh talking about how it runs in the family, exploiting miners....

I like to say I am reading but the reality is currently listening to audio books. About 3 hours left in Matthew Perrys autobiography and it is hard. He is one who will forever be his most famous character and I find it hard to listen to such a depressing "Chandler". Also started Oliver Twist and I love it. Yes some of it takes some thinking with the way they spoke almost 200 years ago but he was so fucking clever and had such deep insight into society, I love it. I also just found out there is a new Pendergast book that I was totally unaware of!! I feel like a bad fan but there was like no hype for this one which makes me worried. I said I was going to finish those other 2 first but we shall see, I love me some Pendergast. So I had a long ass drive, 20 some hours and most of it was dedicated to Pendergast audio book. It was another good one, so many call backs to old books though I probably need to reread all of them to get it all! I am going to say IF you like mystery fiction this is a series for you. Admittedly the last few have gone off the deep end they have still been good. Yes all of them have a certain point where it moves borderline supernatural, the last couple have taken that beyond. However like I said they are still very well written!!

My wife has found all those Gypsy shows on some streaming service. My big fat gypsy wedding and shit.... WTF these people are just like the Temu version of Jersey Shore in looks and if they I am gonna just say it. If they weren't white, people would hate them. Backwards views on women and education and so much more......

I love Behind the Bastards. In general Robert Evans is awesome. Smart, well spoken, funny, everything you want in a podcaster. Over and over I have said I don't always agree with him and thats honestly fine. People should have other view points thats what makes the world work. Gotta say the recent history of Palestine was a very good listen but I do have to disagree with 2 things, big time. 1) There has always been bloody conflict in the middle east. Saying its recent is a lie. It hasnt always been Jewish and Arab but the land is soaked in blood. Anyone with access to a history book can prove that. Europe is the same! Honestly until the last couple hundred years Europe was doing the same shit. Yes it calmed down there but it also had the two worse wars in history there. SO no don't try and say the Middle East is not a bloody place, it is. Second the fact he flat out said well this is my reference book and it is right. Don't pay attention to the various other authors that make opposite claims. Thats shitty. Often Robert will cite opposing things but he seemed determined to not this time. That only the book he read had the truth, thats a dangerous path to tread. 

2) Second political thought. How did the right go so far??? A few years ago there were some pretty decent online commentators. Very common sense but over the last couple years they have went way overboard. Its just like wtf?? It went from hey we need to slow down immigration to Muslims should not be allowed in Canada. Adopt us trump! So I wonder were they ever actual decent people or was that a mask that an orange draft dodger took off for them. Almost anyone with CHrist is King, MAGA or Alberta separation is probably gonna be fucking retarded. Maybe it was the truck convoy, a lot of people that supported that seem to have gone crazy... I mean I did and I ended up arguing with certain people that didn't but some people that did support it now, just fucking wow. 

Ignition Press is still killing it! First off the titles that are good are good and those that are meh, are still decent. I love it isnt based around Supes and so far it hasnt gone stupidly over the deep end like AWA did with preaching. That was sad I loved that company for a few years. I am just gonna say, They chose Violence by AWA was over the top garbage and after that couldn't do it. Batman is at a slow run, except Absolute which some how manages to almost every issue deliver something good. Alfred has been dead for a few years now. Introducing his niece as the new help, IDK. I will wait on judgement but to me Alfred is iconic. Not to be killed off, not to be replaced. You didn't actually gender swap him, but you did. Along with Bruce losing his money.... Is that even Batman?? Same with Xmen, a slow run! The Hellfire murder was a great one shot but overall nothing has blown my mind recently. I do like "The New Mutants" introducing those new kids annoyed me so bad for the first few issues, now they are the best title. Did we need spin offs of Exquisite Corpses, no. Will I buy lone Gunman, no. He was the most disappointing part of that series but Rascal Randy has been an OK read so far. I feel like its shots against Disney with both a Walt and Elias character. American Caper and End of Life keep plodding on. I am enjoying both for different reasons. End just seems like old Garth Ennis. Shocking and funnny but not just for shock value. Caper is an overblown but great look at America right now. Does it get a bit preachy, ya. Is it good though as it kinda seems to show how stupid everyone is, ya.  

Get your phone off speaker in public you utter twat! No one cares. I can't fucking stand people that do that, no one wants to hear your shit. Same with Facetime!!! I do get it, in certain situations. Maybe you want / need to show someone something. We invented the tech to carry a person in your pocket, so sure if you want to quickly show someone something go ahead. Just to wander around and annoy people though, fuck off!

Still haven't started House of the Dragon 3 yet. I want to I really do, I hear it is an amazing season but I just haven't done it yet. I can't even say why. After Knight of the 7 Kingdoms being so lite compared to the main series maybe I just enjoy that. Xmen97 wrapped up, it was okay.  It got slower as the season went on. Been watching the original run as well, just worried Marvel will use up all the good stories as cartoons. Caped Crusader was good. I mean I feel they are out to piss people off. Female Mad Hatter. Gangster Riddler??? I hate the Riddler in general but that wasnt the Riddler! A German Joker. While I still enjoyed it, it really feels like they are trying to push people away. A gag they are playing on fans to see how far they can take it. Reacher I think is half way done the season, as always good. The fact it pisses of MAGA is just an added bonus.

My dog is the biggest asshole I know. Everyone in our neighbourhood knows when he goes for a walk because he won't shut the fuck up. I apologize for that. What I think is garbage is people who don't pick up turds! You have a dog, they take a shit, you pick it up! Seems so straight forward to me. Again to my neighbours I apologize. You other fucks, pick your shit up!!! 

I am thinking this blog will be up before my next ball hockey season starts or very fucking close to it. I think I already said it, half new team, bottom div. Personal goals 5G 11A 16PT. I honestly think that should be doable. The fact is last season second half in bottom div was one of my best seasons. Per game possibly my best but didnt have enough games. Should be top line, we shall see. Again in the end I would be happy with 0 points for one more div win. I want one of them cheesy rings, one last time.

I laugh and laugh and laugh at these right wing retards that now have a hate on for Rage Against the Machine! In the 90 and early 2000s they just heard Nu Metal without any idea what so ever the band was about. Nothing they have said from Covid on goes against anything they said before, you were just too dumb to understand. Honestly they probably have more rage towards the dumb fucking machine in power now more than ever. I don't have any new music to review. I have become that crusty old man. No new music is good music. OR more accurate the only good new music is in the country category. The more I hear about and from Cameron Whitcomb I enjoy him. If he was in town I might consider going and seeing him!


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur...

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi...

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo...