Old as balls, thats what I am.... Well not yet only 45 recently but man looking back on the mid 80s until now, wow things have changed. Not the point though, I had a "birthday party" recently at the Canadian Brew House by my house. It became clear I no longer "party". First we were there by 5PM and out by 745. In younger years, usually couldnt actually afford to go out like that so it was a back yard BBQ that started around 6. It would be noisy and last half the night, hell most years the sun would be up by the time I laid down. Now the loudest thing is my friends kids running around. No one gets out of hand. My friends are amazing and assholes at the same time. Most other Bdays we just have a nice meal, same with mine but they still buy me shots for some reason when they dont with others. Maybe not having children makes them think I can still handle it. I actually did a decent job, only cause it ended early! A bunch of shots, plus wine and vodka doesnt sit in the guts well the next day!! Anyways I am old as balls and cant party like I once could. Birthday parties are no longer all night fires but kids running around and eating cake. I am almost okay with that, almost.
So I have nothing new for movies. Are there any good movies even out??? I mean some are coming. I am going to watch Masters of the Universe soon. I see its on Prime. My wife and I will watch the Sheep Detectives and Solo Mio soon. With good food and wine I am thinking but what happened to the summer blockbuster? Supergirl yes I will watch, Mando and Gorgu for sure but nothing has been called amazing. Except the Odyssey which I kinda wanna go see in theatre. Not just to piss off idiots but I think it will be good. Am I going to be annoyed by the race swaps and shit sure. Doesnt mean it wont be good. A legit trailer for Avengers dropped. This is it my friends. If this flops the MCU is either dead or needs to fully switch to Xmen. Issue is what do the do with the Xmen. The Disney plus series is doing so well and using all the major stories what will the MCU do for X? Also wtf why is Doom so powerful??? Did watch Michael, it was a pretty good movie. Middle of the music bios. Not nearly as good as Walk the Line, way better than Tupac. Yes by fall I am sure I will have a lot to say as I watch some movies but for now just waiting.... So did watch Masters of the Universe. 7/10 if you want a fun action fantasy, 8/10 if you were a He-man fan when you were a kid!
I love the fact social media is blowing up and saying James Woods is a predator and pedo! Duh, I have said that for fucking years!!! Its not a big secret, in fact I believe my first twitter account he blocked me for saying it and then eventually that was part of me getting banned. This isn't news people.....
Got nothing new for music. Does anyone make good new music anymore?? Have I hit the age where I am the old dude pinning away for the 90s?? Whats funny is Spotify has the music from THe Vampire Lestat and some is actually good. Havent found a new pod to start. Any idea that comes to my head I have already listened to a million pods on it or it doesnt exist yet. Which makes me think I should start a pod, but I have a million half done things in this world another project just seems like a bad idea. Honestly think I am moving away from pods and just audio books....
I love my dogs, even my annoying youngest one. I often think of a single blog entry on his last few months. Since he had a spinal stroke and had to relearn to walk. I want to say sorry to my neighbours, he is so vocal. I also want to say get pet insurance, without it he wouldnt have the life he does. If you have a pet and actually care, get it. Unless you have a schwak of cash hidden somewhere!!
So our hockey season ended again. I am going to say it, I was very happy with my season. Last season I did good, this season even better. Maybe because we went down another div and I think it is more my level. However overall we did the same. Finished second in the div and then lose in the first round. I swear we have done this for the last few seasons. I didnt get to play the last game or in the playoffs due to a small tear in a tendon. I am a bit worried maybe we missed our last chance to actually win a div. HOWEVER I think next season if we start in the same div we should have a decent chance. As a bunch of old men I think it is time we accept we are maybe not good enough to play in the high divs anymore! Also it is like I am living in a nightmare! Every div we have played in and fallen from I watched the results of and all the winners were teams I was not big fans of! Not just being bitter because yes there are teams I can lose to and shake hands with after and actually mean good game when I say it BUT this season no!! All the winners annoy me! Final note we will have a new-ish team next season sadly. A few guys I guess were upset with some of the newer players and basically said it was an us or them moment. Not sure exactly what happened but the older team players left when we kept the new ones. It is kind of sad to me, yes they were some of our better players and it is gonna hurt to lose them. However we are a low level ball hockey team of 40 year olds. We are not making provincials again. Scouts arent watching, it might be time to except this is for fun and honestly for me just to get uot and exercise....
The reason I will never be able to count MGK as a rapper or a rocker is because I hear him in my grocery store. Not saying it isnt catchy but you don't hear much Tupac in Save On.
Is TMNT The Last Ronin milking it now? Spoiler if you haven't read it all the Turtles and Splinter and Casey are finally dead. The whole original run was Mikeys revenge, he is the last Ronin. 4 new turtles with powers is meh. However all the one shots like Training Day that just came out, Mikey training Casey Marie have been awesome. I know it was a limited run and Mikey was always going to die but they could have kept that going for years. If HBO made a series like the rumor's said, it would have been a smash with millennials! It won't be made though. No one is making an adult TMNT, even though thats the origins. I did see a game is actually in development though, I hope thats good. American Caper has been a good read. It has a Garth Ennis feel and for the most part pokes fun at both "sides" left and right. Though like most art it is left leaning, thankfully not as preachy as some. The story is kind of coming together which is good not just random wackiness. Did I say Exquisite Corpses wrapped up? I enjoyed it for the most part. Like a lot of things the ending was meh. I don't think it needs a part 2. End of Life is enjoyable. Not deep, just a lot of violence and sarcasm, in the mold of Deadpool. Ezra Cain is a great detective novel. I dunno can I call it noir? Its been okay, not a huge fan of the art but the story was good. If they do a volume 2, will I buy it probably not. Uncanny is still the best Xmen run going on right now. I will admit the launch I hated it n new students but it has been so well done you can't help but love it. Xmen has been okay, good to see Magneto a bit. Absolute Batman is still amazing. So is Absolute Green Arrow, the main bat titles also meh....
Alberta is so divided and kind of funny. The two major cities keep electing these woke weirdos like Knack and the rural areas vote in the way more right wing. This is not news, I just saw a post saying what would you not like if the NDP won the election and the first thing that came to my mind was seeing more of that Nenshi.
I am not the chef I once was or thought I was. Tried a new meal last night, it actually was okay BUT I set the smoke alarm off. The jokes write themselves.
The Vampire Lestat wrapped up. In general the season was good, a couple times it went off the rails but I said oh well kinda what happens with the series based on books. Sam Reid has been a fucking amazing Lestat. I have forgiven the race swap of Louis. I have not forgiven the race swap of Claudia, it doesnt work BUT the actress killed the role!! We are never going to see a decent Armand, they cant cast a 12 year old to play that role. Either way they are ruining that character. Marius was not great, the actor is but he is not Marius. Getting off track, this season was good but when it goes off it goes way off. The last episode was not good, the weakest episode of the season. Saying that I am still excited for next season, we shall see how it plays out. Still haven't watched newest season of House of the Dragon. I will and I heard so much hype when it came out but IDK I just am not feeling it right now fro god knows why. 90% finally done Welcome to Derry, probably rant on that next time.
The tates got arrested hahahahaha. Get these digital pimps and retardation spreaders off the streets. The real problem is it doesnt end there. We used to have marytrs now we have influencers. This is going to blow up, their supporters online will say its harassment. Not true, the "matrix" acting against them. What should be an easy case will also be tried in the court of public opinion. Anyone not retarded knows they are guilty but millions, yes millions of young impressionable men fell for their scams and now we are going to have a part of a generation half raised by these retards. What will that do to the world?? Nothing good. Also they are going to be the loudest voices saying to pimps are innocent. So as happy as I am to see them go away, this is far from over. Also if your a woman and support them, your dumb.
Currently listening to Matthew Perrys autobiography. Its been good so far, he claims to have beat up Castreau if so I like him even more. Next on the list is The Vampire Lestat again. I do want to see how off the rails it has gone. Plus I just really liked that book.
Time for Canada to grow some nuts. Recently I saw a man was on social media angry he was either not allowed to wear it or kicked out of Goodlife Fitness because he was wearing a Kirpan. He is mad he couldnt bring a fucking dagger into a gym. FUCK THE FUCK OFF. Want my opinion, no one should have a Kirpan and it shouldn't be protected by religious freedom. Can Catholics start carrying crusader swords? I am guessing not. There are laws against carrying weapons and to me your religion stops where our laws begin. Sorry not fucking sorry. I am starting the church of the 9MM, if you join you a required to carry not 1 but 2 9MM at all times!! What does the Liberal government do with that, I mean they wanna take away handguns but damn, that violates my religion.
Marvel showed all they have coming out soon at Comic Con this week and I wanna say weak. I think RIP MCU you had a good run 2008 - 2019. 11 years is a hell of a run. For the last 7 nothing has stood up to the original run. Some of the new stuff is better than the worst of the first 11 years but none of the best can stand up against the best of the first 11.
I could rant and rant but I am just gonna post this. I have 2 more half done blogs that I will put up and then going to start a new series on our recent trip through Spain, Portugal and back to Italy.
Comments
Post a Comment