Skip to main content

As Canada falls... Gaza and Online Harms

I am for the most part a pretty proud Canadian, even with the dipshit we have running the country, its still the only nation I want to call home. A mansion in Beverly Hills, ya that would be sweet with a Canadian flag flying out front. Now that I know tattoos really don't hurt I keep thinking of ones to get and sometimes dream about working the maple leaf into something. However 2 things are really getting to me these days. They make me wonder wtf is wrong with our nation, why we are so divided and losing sight ofthe things that did make us a great nation. So a quick bitchy blog, here they are.

1) Gaza. Am I horrible for saying this, I don't care. I have been blogging about media and honesty and such recently and this is a prime example of it. Person A claims Israel is bombing the shit out of people, killing innocents on purpose, starving people to death, sending assassins into hospitals, raping and on and on. Person B then refutes it. The assassins in the hospital killed high level Hamas. That Hamas did the raping, so brutal that women's pelvises were broken, that food isn't being withheld that Hamas is stealing it from Palestine and this can all end if hostages are released. Who is telling truth?? Are they both? Maybe they are also both lying. I don't know. I do know this, your protests and marches and bullshit on the soil of this nation do nothing! I know that you causing shit here makes me hate either side. Recently Trudeaus meeting with the Italian leader were interrupted by this shit. Castreau is embarrassing enough on the world stage and now people can look and say look at Canada, they can't even have meetings with other nations without it being a shit show. Also protests in Vancouver supposedly smashed through police lines and nothing was done. SO whether you agree with the "freedom convoy" or not we had protesters, protesting a Canadian issue and they had bank accounts frozen and the War Measures Act busted out on them BUT people protesting a war, across the entire fucking world can attack police and that's cool? What is going on with that?? Why are we letting our nation fall into chaos over a war that in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter here! Why is it when the war in the Ukraine started we had protests and we still see support for that but daily living wasn't affect for Canadians? I can't be anti protest because I did support the convoy and it did make life rough for some people, they didn't attack police or brag online about it and then say it was working keep it up. That's not a protest that's a crime and again my whole thing is it isn't a Canadian issue. I don't support sending million and millions away when we have our own people living in poverty. Sure help them, with what we can but I would rather we send food, medicine, whatever to these places at war not money. Its the same as charity, I don't think money is the best thing to give, money can go to anything even the wrong things. As for this Gaza thing I am so torn. 9/11 happened and we started a "war on terror" it didn't end terror, it didn't stamp it out even though the States could have, if they used their full might but we are "civil" and don't do that. Putin said if there were attacks on his nation he would rid the world of whoever did it and behold! no one ever did because well, they know he would. Now Israel is doing it. They said enough with terror and started a war on it BUT this is what it looks like. Terror doesn't run out and fight. It hides and a lot of innocents die because of that. So here is my disappointment, we are allowing this. The fact is Canada is the land of opportunity. We left the old world to start new. We did good for a few hundred years but now we are dragging all this shit here. Again not trying to be a dick but the middle east has been at war for how long, forever?? Now it spreads here and our government allows it? We used a War Measures act on our own people protesting for Canada and now we just let a war that doesn't concern us divide us and break laws??? WTF Canada

We came here and wanted freedom, we wanted democracy and we got it. No we aren't Murica! screaming freedom but we like it. Yet some people want to support clamping down on it. The online harms act was recently rolled out and on the surface it is great!! We are trying to protect the most vulnerable but then comes the politicking. Snuck in there with all these good ideas was the ability to be jail for life if you use "hate speech" What is hate speech??? I mean I am part of a couple meme groups on Facebook that honestly are offensive, is that hate speech? Can I be jailed for memes? This was a brilliant play, politically. I mean no one wants to be the guy opposing a seemingly great bill. You will look like shit and probably lose some support. However if we don't oppose it do we give up free speech? Its a no win really... Also it includes terrorism. People who supported the convoy online, were they supporting terrorism? Can they be jailed? Anytime in history that a party says something as vague as that but gives themselves the power to jail people for life, that's been bad. Sure I personally don't think it would get this far but what if speaking ill against the sitting government is deemed hateful? Does Castreau just jail anyone who disagrees with him? That's over half of Canada btw. Point being when did Canadians want to give up freedom? I look online and I see a ton of people cheering on this bill, saying if you don't support it maybe your doing something "bad". This is the division we have in Canada. These same people supporting the bill would be freaking out if a conservative proposed it saying it attacks their freedoms. This is the problem we are so divided that if a bill is proposed we support it not based on bill but on who said it. My beef with Canada at this point is how divided we have become, people are willing to give up freedoms just to stick it to the "other guys". When did this happen? How can we fix this before we walk it too far?

I have decided not to contribute to the toxic world of social media. So I am just blogging my thoughts on politics and this has been bugging me for a few days. I guess I may do a few more short unedited blogs like this now and then. 

Comments

  1. Israel isn’t our fight. Ukraine isn’t our fight. But the truckers are our fight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo