Skip to main content

Almost Xmas

I Yoga'd! I want a bumper sticker that says that. Okay it wasn't the first time. I had done "relaxation" yoga before. I enjoyed it, There wasn't much to it, ground poses and a lot of time to think This new one was kind of the same. Slightly more intense. Plus much warmer and not even so called hot yoga. Like the Butterfly pose. Wow it pointed out I have old man hips. It still had a lot of laying on the ground. Internalizing. But with other lower body poses. Ones that told me yes you need to stretch more. I am at a loss though, when they tell you to relax your mind what the goal is. Maybe my mind is too relaxed, with TV, books, video games, writing. I don't sit and worry too much until I need to. Laying there trying to think of nothing, literally crowded my mind with everything. So for the general relaxing part of it not so sure... BUT the actual workout of it ya, I give to yoga people kudos. There is work there, the few poses we did I could feel in my so called muscles. Also wow am I not flexible. Some people bend like a pretzel, not me. So I guess get from this my review of yoga, the mind part. It didn't help me in fact it did the opposite so maybe I did that wrong. The body, its an actual work out. I won't scoff at yoga again. (Side note, this blog took almost a month to do. Did HOT yoga and the instructor while very nice and helpful did recommend maybe I try a beginner course)

Headed to Disney tomorrow. 3rd time, now I will have seen regular, Halloween and Christmas. I doubt this will be posted before then but I might add a few lines. Also might put a small review of Universal Studios up since that will be a first. And Starwars land. I wonder how long until they have Marvel land? Did the VR Marvel Damage Control and it was awesome. If you are in Edmonton head down to rec Room and try it before it is gone!! So worth it. I say it every time we go to Disney or I think about Disney but it is insane what that man built. Or what he did then his company built. The honest fact is they own a huge chunk of modern pop culture. Let that bounce around in the noodle for a bit.

So watched the Devil next Door on netflix. Good quick little documentary. Raises a million questions for me though. Like first just with the show. While I agree with the overturned conviction, why would you try anyone in Israel? There will be no fair trial. I totally understand why BUT it doesn't seem right or fair. Also I did not like the prosecutors there. The main one seemed alright, the other just a vengeful dick. He was happy a 91 year old man was taken to Germany? One he couldn't prove was Ivan. I guess when you lose it does make you mad. Only normal. Same with the first judges, they wanted him guilty before the trial. He was doomed. Also no one was saying the survivors were lying, they just were saying maybe he wasn't Ivan. I mean one said they killed Ivan. The other sadly was losing it and took a train there. So that by itself was reasonable doubt. The KGB files were reasonable doubt. These men were about to die, they had no reason to lie and it was fresh in their minds not 40 years later.... But still he was found guilty. Rigged trial. Next you see the OSI, brutal.... They tried to hide and destroy evidence. Then when he comes home they carry on a vendetta against him. Again brutal, that was simply one man, mad and abusing government power. That's my take aways from the actual series. As for Nazis and hunting them now.....

Waste of time. The war ended 74 years ago, I am guessing any Nazis left are at least 95. What more can you do to them? Yes SOME of them deserve to suffer but I think now they likely already are. If they are still around. SOME had no choice, the fact is stated very well in that show. Some it was do this or die. People have a survival instinct, sorry that's the way it is. If you said do this or I kill you or your loved ones MOST people would do it. You can say you wouldn't BUT you have no idea. I can flat out say maybe threatening me I MIGHT say no. (I have no idea) but my friends, family I can say I would likely cave. Hitler, his big guys were evil. Not everyone was.... I am sure that will piss people of me saying it. PLUS the hypocrisy is mind numbing. Even knowing some were evil men we happily brought them in to help our causes. So really it isn't about justice or right or wrong just whatever helps us.

Wanna know what I like about airports... not a facking thing. That's a lie, you can drink whenever. Other than that, nothing. Duty free is a sham now, I remember or thought it used to be great. My cologne is actually more than the store. And I can confirm Crown Royal is also more than the local liquor store. Booze really isn't amazing UNLESS you do a two for one or whatever but then you go over and have to pay the duty anyways so whats the point? Next unless you are my perpetually late friend KT, it is a waiting game. OR its the opposite and you have to rush to get to the next plane. Nothing fun there. Then you get on the plane in a seat I (AS a small dude) barely fit in. I want to write but if you sitting beside someone I hate busting out the laptop cause it feels like your putting them out... Depending you may be able to stream a good movie. Westjet awesome, Transat was not so good. Terrible food and over priced booze....I laughed and enjoyed the grandma and her grand kid behind us on our flight to LAX. She explained the airplane to a young kid, highly entertaining. Also the nasty dirtiness of planes. I saw a woman using wet wipes on a plane the last time I flew. I asked her why and she said they don't really clean them. So we brought some with us and cleaned our seats. NO LIE or EXAGGERATION it was black! Sick, gross.... DIRTY. So clean your planes! Or people flying, just clean it yourself....

Something change over time. Like I remember years ago I liked Ed the sock. When he was a VJ, before a sock became a shill for the Liberal Party. Madchild, I dunno anymore man. I used to like Swollen Members and Madchild solo. They weren't braggarts and wanna be thugs. I listened to his last few albums the other day and while each one had a good song or 2 he pretty much became the opposite of what made them good. I get it, he had addiction problems and is friends with the Hells Angels. But you used to rap about more entertaining things. Kid Rock, don't get me started.... Okay did anyone really like Kid Rock?  I admit I had his first 3 albums. But I knew what he was, a rocker not the rapper..... Then he has come out as a total Trumptard and wonders why no one in Detroit respects him? I think I out grew that shit.... bawidaba da bang or whatever..... Is that part of growing up? Like even Rage Against the Machine. I still love their stuff but as I got a bit older I realized maybe they aren't right on everything. Kurt Cobain...... I won't start but my views on him changed a lot since 14.

Edmonton! City of champs! I always thought I had my ear to the ground when I was younger. Man was I wrong! There is so much going on in this city, I found Ryan Jespersen show and it opened my eyes. I am gonna say a couple take away from the episodes I listened to. Ryan doesn't hide his bias. Which is fine it is his show. The Edmonton Catholic school board is insane. While I think the whole episode with the Durag is a shit show (See prior blog) legal action against Ryans show. Wow. Winter tires well they can't be mandatory cause not everyone can afford them. But a rebate for getting them would be VERY handy for many. People just driving to the roads however would be way smarter. Stop bringing Thomas Lukaszuk on the man is a bitter washed up troll on social media. Alberta kicked him to the curb for a reason. Anyways I think I will keep listening as he has some great episodes even if we don't always see eye to eye.

Last thing is something RJ show brought up. Insurance. The truth is readily available. Insurance companies are NOT making money on your rates. With the massive losses paid out in the last decade, the income from your few hundred a year is not covering the millions. Its the truth deal with it. YES they are making money on investments. Is that not why people go into business?? To make money? Like would you start a company and hope to lose 30 cents on the dollar? I don't like paying more but it is a fact of life. True story, I was in an accident once, my fault. The cop told me had I not been in a truck I would have been dead. The lady that hit me was fine, in fact her German built car didn't even get a dint! (My fault, I repeat. Left turn issue) She drove home.... Then attempted to sue me for $3 million. For trauma. I lost, my insurance paid out I think $300,000 or something. NOW had I not had insurance A) I would never have afforded a decent lawyer and likely would have lost. How could I have ever paid out $3 mill??? B) I guess I kinda already said it but had I won and still had to pay out $300,000 how could I? The $1500 I pay in insurance (Rough number) it would be 200 years to pay her out. So no they will never make a penny off me because I have already cost them. And this is tiny compared to High River, Fort Mac, Slave Lake. Here is the thing, YES they cover every detail in a LEGAL document and if you don't hold up your end. YOU get fucked! But that is on you holding up your end and what you agreed to. NO I am not about to feel bad for insurance companies but if you put aside your anger and actually look into things they really aren't fucking you AND when you need them they may actually save you.

Okay for real this time,  last rant. Christmas party season has arrived! YA! For some. I USED to have get these insane stories like Ditch puking in my room at the hotel and then charging the biggest room at the hotel to his card and sleeping in it. Letting him keep on keeping on in my vomit smelling room. Or trying to break into the pool area at 3 AM after the bar closed. I also used to think jeans and a tee shirt was good enough. How times have changed. Now I am more interested in the food, than the bar. I wake up the next day not wanting to die and I love putting on dress clothes. I have a thing for vests dunno why. But here are a couple things for people to live by in Xmas party season. Don't drink and drive. Most places I think give a cab voucher, use it! Not only is it smarter in general, no one wants tragedy this time of the year. To companies, give a damn voucher! Second keep the witty comments to yourself. I know everyone thinks they are telling servers and bartenders the funniest shit. Trust me they have heard it and are going to keep hearing it. Also TIP!These poor buggers are working to make your party good. Give them some dough to go buy presents for their Xmas. Wash our hands. This I shouldn't have to say but when your in the public washroom just do it! Drink lotsa water. I mean it, if you plan on a big drunk, slam some water in ya! DON'T do anything too bad. Most companies are smart enough to know mixing booze and people can make some silly shit happen but don't make it your last day.... I assume our gonna have bills to pay this month. GO! Just get out and go, maybe not for the whole thing but have some fun. Lastly don't be a douche! You might not get along on a day to day basis, but seeing people outside work might change that. Get to know others, have a good time. Let the hair down or pull the stick out of your ass. You might just have some fun....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo