Skip to main content

30 day writing challenege #5 A place I would live but have never been

Well this one is hard. How can you pick a place to live that you have never visited. I mean I could easily live in Havana or L.A I love those cities but they are disqualified cause I have been there. SO I start to think of places I wanna go and the list is huge!! But would I want to live there?

Russia would be amazing to see, actually most of the "Eastern Block" would be. I have a polish friend who has shown me pictures and it really doesn't look all grey and dead like TV makes it out to be. But I think that would totally be a holiday spot. I have a feeling that his pictures don't show everything that goes on there.

Western Europe is like a dream for me, I would love to go there. And I think I could easily live there. Britain, France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Greece and on and on.... Problem is it is soooo far away. I am Canadian, even more so I am Albertan and 99% of my family and friends live here. 15 years ago I might have been brave enough to tread over there for life. But now it goes on the visit list.

I cant do Asia, sorry. Just 0 interest in it. Same with Africa. I just am not into Asia and I may be a horrible person for saying it but I have 0 desire to go to Africa for many different reasons.

I have an uncle, who I was very close to. He has a wonderful family, they moved to Australia. I do miss them. I would love to go see them. BUT I could never live there. Based solely on bugs. I HATE the fact for some reason even our bugs are getting bigger and creepier here let alone super freaky giant bugs!!!

South America, I love visiting. I mean I have never been that far south but I would like to go further. But again They don't seem to have the best human rights records. And if I am honest developing countries don't interest me. So Canada or the USA is what it comes down to. I am a Western Canadian, not much interest in the Eastern part SO I am going to settle with Somewhere in the States.

Disclaimer if Trump does win, I will move to the Eastern Block and hide behind Putin. Not that it matters cause the whole world will go to hell.

New Orleans woulda been my pick before it was laid to waste. Los Angeles is out cause I have been there. So it get down to New York!!! The Big Apple. That's my choice.

First it is massive. I think you could spend years just seeing it. Plus it has sooo much. From Central Park to the Museum. To me it would be great to see the worlds melting pot. I mean we have small pockets in Edmonton of minorities But it would be wild to see an actual Chinatown not 3 blocks that are also littered with homeless. The climate is mild compared to here. The ocean is right there. Hockey still exists. It is close enough to visit friends and family. Comics basically say if anything bad ever happens New York is safe cause all the Heroes live there. Since I was 13 and discovered Cosa Nostra I have wanted to see little Italy.

So there you have it, if I was sent to live some place I had never been, I would choice New York. It has the most pros and least cons I can think of....


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo