Skip to main content

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta)

First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believing lies gets you blocked. I am glad they are there though. I will says ONCE and awhile they are right. Kinda like a broken clock. But I am blocked and can't tell when they are right, anyways.... Also just because Ezzie is Jewish, does not mean they aren't and can't be racists. When people refer to them as Nazis they don't mean the third Reich. Simply a right wing hate machine. So Sheila there you have it, you and your boss can be Nazis. Before I move on to Sheila, I gotta say it is crazy how divided all media has become. The Sun is bad, very slanted. My first day in journalism, my prof said it was a rag. I didn't understand then, but boy do I now. Also yes the CBC is basically a propaganda machine. If I ever had the money I would try and start an actual media outlet. Like there was decades ago, just delivering facts. Not trying to spin.

Onto Sheila Gunn Reid. I can't wait for her take on both the federal and provincial votes. By this I mean a few good laughs are coming. Maybe a decent point to, once and awhile. We all already know she is going to be pushing Kenney and Scheer. But what kind of insanity will she bring? I hate to admit, sometimes I agree with her. She raises a good point, then for some reason takes that point and runs as far into crazy town as she can. Why I like her, she raises decent points sometimes and has the lady balls to not block me. When I know I have maybe been rude to her. (Not that her little attack dogs don't jump to her defense!) Why I don't like her, she seems to want to represent the worst in Alberta. Not the average farmer, patch worker and certainly not an average city slicker but the ones way beyond reason. Should get a few good laughs.

And Faith Goldy, once tricked pony. She is literally Ed Nortons girlfriend on American history X. Remember when even Chicken little media had to let her go?! Or when that incel drove the van like a mad man and she rushed to the streets looking for a terrorist? Sorry lady I don't think I have heard a valid point from your lips. No doubt the pompous prince Justin T will be getting bashed by her. Not that I mind when he is shown for what he is but at least try and be honest. I almost feel a bit bad for her. She was the poster girl for the rightwing for awhile. Fairly pretty, clever and out spoken, then she imploded and they ditched her. Again points for running for mayor of T.O but did you really think you would win? Did you not see"them" (the rightwing nutters) dropping you when you failed? But I am sure another hair brained scheme is on the way. Update on hair brained schemes! Since I started this she has tried to latch onto the Bell Let's Talk campaign. Getting people to donate to her legal fees by slamming Bell and mental Health. Seriously WTF is wrong with this broad.

Blaise Bohmer, this guy is all over the crazy map. For better, or maybe for worse the UCP get fanatical followers. Blaise is proof of this. Not only does he some how support everything the UCP does (Blindly) he also attacks anyone who speaks ill of them. It is one thing to support a party, another to be a zealot. I was blocked long ago by him. Again not someone I lashed out and was a douche to. (That does happen, like James Woods and Jenna Jameson I was a dick to them) Blaise just didn't like someone thinking anything other than the UCP mantra.

Sonia Kont, she makes me think of when the lost boys sing, following the leader in Peter Pan. She drank down the Kool aid. I don't think in her mind Kenney or the UCP can be wrong. She will parrot anything they say and be on the attack of party enemies. I have repeatedly ask her nicely about many of the "Bozo Eruptions" that plague the UCP but never get a response. On the pleasant side she doesn't block me. Seems like the ladies more often have "balls" than the men.

Don't get me wrong, the right wing doesn't have a strangle hold on crazy. Just log onto twitter and scan the Cdnpoli / Abpoli tags.

Gil McGowan, welp he has the left leaning covered. I can't actually look any more as he has me blocked to after calling him out. But a union stooge claiming all is great because public sector jobs are up? What? No! Again I can't say much as I didn't agree with him and he pulled an Ezzie and blocked me. But this dude is the Blaise / Sonia for the NDP party.

Thomas Lukaszuk I am surprised hasn't blocked me yet. I don't even know where to put this guy. Former Con. swept out with the old boys club when the NDP took over Alberta. Now mostly a rabid dog on Jason Kenneys tail. On the one hand, it is honestly good people are all over the UCP lies. On the other Tommy could have done something about it. He chose to tuck his tail and let his former party become the clown party of today. Honestly I wonder what went down with this. His non stop rebel-esque attacks on Kenney make me think there is something else we don't know about. Either way cpt bitter could have done something, had he wanted to but I guess he prefers the Statler and Waldorf approach. So ya I guess he is another answer to Blaise and Sonia.

Lets move on to the actual people involved. The UCP wtf?! I want to vote Con. but for the life of me I cannot see myself voting for these guys. What we have heard, well kamikaze candidates, shady donations, ties to (this one is a stretch btw) hate groups and an ignored "grass roots" guarantee. What we haven't heard ANYTHING USEFUL! I woulda announced a platform as a party. The only thing they have said is (say this like a caveman) NDP bad, me good! I wish that was a joke. Sorry the 50s ended 60 years ago. I can't see myself voting us back to that. Also I am well aware that parties cannot control who comes to support them but when hate groups proudly come it is very telling of the mentality your message is appealing to.

I try to stay away from ad hominem attacks but Kenney reminds me of Randy from Trailer Park Boys. The facts are decades of bad choices made by him are coming to light. I believe people can change SOME but maybe not from what he was, to decent person I want running and repping my province. Let's go back to the beginning. He saw a true point, that conservative politics was in shambles in Alberta. Which some are still shocked about.... Anyways he comes, hat in hand to appeal to Albertans and unite us. In a lil blue truck. And right from the get go, it was  a shit show. Sandra Jansen not only withdrew from the PC party but crossed the floor (Don't worry we will get to her) citing harassment by Jasons minions. But he won and joined with the Wildrose. Now we are hearing things, kamikaze candidates as ole Jason weened out rivals. Here is the thing, he is playing the game of politics and winning. If we are all honest with ourselves, no one trusts politicians. Jason is the peak of that. Every move he has made has been calculated to get into power. My yoda thought for today is never give power to people who crave it. I could go on and on about his LGBTQ stance or his thoughts on women rights but I won't. I will end with I don't trust him, not like I don't trust all politician but like I don't trust a plugged in toaster in a bathtub.

Just for fun I am gonna put Jason Nixon name in here. Not that I can tell you much, again blocked.... Again I am getting more respect for the ladies as they don't shy away.

Devin Dreeshen, this dude gets a what the actual fack of his own. I can bitch about the UCP. I can say Kenney is backwards but this guy actually supports Trump. Maga hat and all. President cheeto is no friend to Canada but this guy is literally supporting him. Remove head from ass.....

Derek Fildebrandt, former golden boy now conservative rabble rouser. Where even to begin. He is an asshat, but he was / is a bright RW star. He appeals to "Albertans", with his conservative attitude, let me restate his cocky conservative everyman attitude. He harkens back to a Ralph Klein archetype. It is widely known he is a hunter, he is young, smart everything a "rich old white mans party" could want. Then he fucked it up. Double dipping on a home and meals, hit and run, illegal hunting. What were you thinking Derek! I'm gonna put on my tinfoil hat right now and say Kenney actually loved to see the fall of Derek. Not because it wouldn't be good to have him but because it might be too good. A rival? However new Derek has emerged. He is sorry for past misdeeds, he has learned. Or has at least learned to hide things better. Again leopards don't change spots, just tactics. Now he has his own party and is still very vocal in his views. With all the controversy that keeps surrounding UCP maybe they should have kept Derek. He doesn't seem so bad now, does he Jason? And his support is growing......


Rachel Notley and the accidental government. If you are honest no one expected her or the NDP to be in power. I think most people know 44 year for a single party to be in power is too much. That is pretty well unheard of in the free world. But the PCs did it here. And by the end it seems like the entire province had, had enough. They were destroyed! I was hoping for a minority government, to tell the truth. Humble them because yes by the end it was time for a change or at least a shake up. I say that as a voter who has never voted anything but conservative. The numbers showed most people were ready for a change. Was Rachel ready? Again if your honest, not likely. I would bet in her wildest dreams she didn't see herself the majority leader. It was a young and fresh faced government. So much so one even was doodling while at work.... That thing I used to do in high school on my binders.... Here is the thing. I don't mind the NDP for social programs. IF or when you need these programs you are much happier to have the NDP. BUT when it comes to the working world, not so much. Not in Alberta. You have Notley and her minister at protests against our energy industry BEFORE they come to power. Once in power they want to support it? Which is it? Either you were lying to your original followers or you are lying now. I don't blame them for oil crashing, it was a worldwide thing. I will not on the other hand give them credit for helping "rebuild" afterwards as it again is oil that is helping. I really wish there was a party somewhere in the middle, which I call commonsense land that we could vote for.

Sandra Jansen, I promised to get back to you! I get it, I understand why you would have issues with UCP. People might not have believed you, in the beginning. How stooges may have harassed you, I think they do now. However I think you ran with that too far.You have to put down the victim card sometime. The fact is I don't mind Sandra or at least didn't. I said when she floor crossed she should have had a by-election. I think any floor crossing should, that's just my opinion and boy did it make people mad. But whats done is done and I know this is going to be a hot race. She kinda has become a target for UCP and I know they would be happy to get her out. In fact I am sure they are already working on a speech for when they do, if they do. But again my biggest issue with her is the victim card. I can't even remember what she posted, I replied a question. Yes I give you it was smartass but in no way rude or offensive. She retweets it to her followers saying she is being attacked. (Please go ahead read my timeline, if I am attacking you'll know) I really don't know why. So her followers can call me out? I don't expect any response to any tweet BUT if you take an issue with someone questioning you why not just respond yourself? Why go with the poor me, everyone is so mean? Truth is while that attitude rubs me the wrong way, I still don't mind her and personally hope she wins her riding. I volunteer to write her fuck the UCP speech....

Shannon Phillips seems to somehow keep popping up. You may know her from protesting our oil and now as the environment minister. Can you see where I am going and why people could be skeptical? People are calling for her resignation after she lied about an RCMP report recently. I am not going to get into this. Should she resign, I don't think so. It will be the voters this year that decide that. With her anti oil ideas though, I don't think people change that much and wonder if Alberta energy really can rely on her.

Marie Renaud is my MLA. I will be honest I didn't vote for her, likely won't again. I do like her as a person and her heart is in the right place. Which for me is the NDP in the whole, I can get behind some of the thoughts but practice is much harder.

The Alberta Liberal party, yes it exists. Will it ever be a power.... Doubt it but then again we have an NDP government

Lastly we have the Alberta Party. I like the name, speaks to me as an Albertan.... They just don't seem to get traction though. Last election I looked them up, looked up their policies and felt like they could be someone I could support. Yet rarely do you hear of them. They seem to be picking up pieces of the old PC party. Which I don't mind since it seems the UCP is picking up what I don't want, but still nothing. They made Mandel the leader. Straight up not a fan of this move. Didn't like him as mayor, or PC and now not as Ab party leader. I encourage people to look into this party as it SEEMS to be very common sense and not divisive like the NDP or UCP. I however straight up know they are not going to be forming the next government. Maybe with some charisma though by the next 2023?election they could be something.

So that's my provincial breakdown. How I feel about the current situation. Tomorrow part 2 should hopefully be up. On social justice and the Federal level.


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo