Skip to main content

January Random Thoughts


I was watching a roid rager moan about the Gillette commercial last night. At first I jumped to the conclusion he was just a dumb ass, then I actually listened. He had a good point, there isn’t really toxic masculinity. There is masculinity, that which makes us male. We typically are stronger. We rough house and are taught not to piss moan and cry about everything. Life gives you some hiccups and you deal with them. There is nothing wrong with that. I am willing to bet most women, whether they admit it or not want a masculine male. I assume yes women wanna feel strong and independent but I am sure they also wanna feel feminine and not the man in the relationship. This so called toxic masculinity isn’t masculinity, it is just assholes being assholes.

Television isn't amazing for me at least right now. First the Walking Dead is limping on. The second half of this season I think will make or break them. If it isn't good I would say they are done, the show has gone downhill so this might be redemption time. Or say we had a good run and end it. It is so far from the comics now, which is interesting but overall losing me quickly. Lethal Weapon is decent, I like "Cole" more than I want to admit but he isn't Riggs who is still my fav. Vikings I guess is on the final season. I am so far behind it doesn't matter, I will never catch up. But that show did pretty decent from something I thought might last a couple seasons, to getting a spin off. Also Big Bang is ending. Which sucks. I admit it isn't as funny as earlier seasons but it is still good, and now what comedy can I get into? Punisher is killing it though...

Then we have the smirking MAGA brat, if you are on social media at all you know who I mean. This whole thing has shown how stupid the whole world has gotten. The first video made him look like a total entitled brat (I am sure he is actually) The world jumped down his throat. People were literally wanting to publish his name, which to me is going too far. Even if he is a douche he doesn’t deserve threats. Then comes out another video, making him look less douche-y. Trying to make him look like the victim. Then both sides start digging into each other. We find out the drumming elder might have started it and lied about his service, or at least exaggerated. The kid might not have been a douche in the video but spent the afternoon walking around being a douche. The whole thing is this is a learning experience for everyone. Maybe people shouldn’t jump to conclusions from a 15 second clip. I mean I stick by my original statement, he is a douche but there is more to it…

Last night a friend gave me a compliment on my writing. It actually felt pretty damn good. He was the one that got me onto the pop culture site Fansideseats I was writing for. I kinda miss that, I mean I have been blogging more but it was cool to write for a site. SO Basically what I am saying if anyone reads this and knows a pop site that needs a writer LET ME KNOW! I am not looking for money or nothing just a place to get some shit out!

I shouldn't take this jab, maybe it isn't a jab but what in the hell happened to Bam Margera? I loved Viva La Bam years ago. He was entertaining, now I just kinda feel bad. First he looks like he let himself go. Which whatever that might happen to everyone but it comes off as trying so hard to remain relevant. Don't get me wrong I am still a fan but I almost feel bad for a guy I used to think was awesome.

Already bought Cpt Marvel tickets, can’t wait to see it. Better explain why Fury didn’t call her when Loki invaded New York! You can’t tell me he wasn’t freaking out then. Also the second End Game tickets come on sale, I will be in line. Maybe it is getting old, married I dunno but I have been thinking a lot about life. It had to be amazing for Stan the Man to see his world come to life like it has. Marvel Movies Rock!

I was skiing a couple weeks ago, I am starting to really enjoy it. We did every chair except the knob, I admit I only skied blue runs downs but I think I am getting much better. The paradise chair has a tree covered in ladies underwear just an FYI if you go up there. Skiing in minus 5 like we did is perfect. I hate when it is too cold and not enjoyable or so warm it becomes slush or ice. Jasper is crazy though, we were hoping to book a room to come back in the summer just the wife and I but rooms double almost triple in price. That’s insane! Robbery! We stayed at the Sawridge, feel free to check out yelp for my review on it.  I stick with my theory, Jasper is the nicer wild town where as Banff is better for tourist stuff.

Halfway through watching every Marvel movie from the last 10 years… First that is a lot of hours! Second some series went downhill like Iron Man and some like Cpt. America got better. Overall they all got better. Just my opinion. 

I kinda love and hate when people live up to their stereotypes. Like I will admit it is super douche-y of me but I doubt I am the only one who thinks in their head, see that person their is totally living up to stereotype A. I guess it is like being right and if you are honest with yourself it feels good to be right. Now it is depressing when it is  negative Stereotype. This all comes up from lunch yesterday. I was sitting enjoying a drink and some tacos when a table sat down across from us. (I am going to preface this with I have no issues with Danger Cats, in fact MOST times they make me laugh) One guy is decked out in Danger Cats gear and cheap tattoos. Another is wearing lucky lager shit, the topics were UFC, women and alcohol. Which is fine but totally what I expected. Had one of them been drinking wine, I would have been mind blown but here we are. You picture something in your head and it turns out to be true... At least from a distance....

Peter Chiarelli was fired, about freaking time! He hasn’t done anything amazing for the Oilers. They had one good season, because every player had a career year. Not because Chia was any good. He was handed a new arena, a pumped city and the best player in the world and has done nada. But the fact is there has to be something else up. Look at the GM’s, the coaches and the players that have come and gone in the last 13 years. Something is seriously wrong. I blamed Hall for a while and I don’t think he helped but something is rotten. I am not even going to arm chair coach this one but SOMETHING needs done.

It has been just over a month I have been home, I miss Mexico and holidays.

Netflix had an insane idea. Bandersnatch an interactive TV show. I haven’t seen it yet but I want to. I wonder if this is the future of television? I doubt it but it could be neat. I loved the Tell Tale video games, it is awesome to tell the story but I can’t see it taking over television. I am pretty upset that Tell Tale went tits up. I am glad however they are finishing the Walking Dead. If I had the money I would buy them just to make Wolf among us and finish Game of Thrones as well!

It is the winter / spring / summer of Red Dead. My wife bought it for me a few months back, when a bunch of bad shit was happening. I have played it off and on, at first I thought it was slow. Let's be honest it is, it isn't that story driven BUT the random encounters are awesome and as it progresses it does get more interesting. I am going to say I might like it better than GTA 5 which I was so pumped for, but it failed to live up to hype. GTA was made for online and I get it is where they make the $$ but I wish the story had been better in GTA 5. Also anyone I know who plays games seems to be into Red Dead. No it may not be as good as Witcher and it might not make the money GTA did but it is fun and worth a try. Also I wonder when GTA 6 is coming out? Hope it is set in the South like I read and not with 3 main characters.... Also heard the lead character could be a chick, that would be cool and new.

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I mean a shit ton has happened in the last few months and I don't think it really sunk in until recently. I got married, like twice, a legal one and a fun one. Maybe it is because I am using the term wife now but it seems way more real. I am pretty happy with it, but when I sit back and think about it, it seems crazy. Like a big deal. Both my grandmothers passed away. That still seems surreal. I mean I can still see my one grandma, all done up at the funeral home. It doesn't bother me per say seeing that but her being gone, its like it isn't real. Like I keep expecting to hear her voice. Not the her of the last few years though that had progressively worse dementia and Alzheimer but 10 years ago. When she would badger me about drinking to much or ask how Edmonton was. When she remembered me and for some reason thought she could wrestle me and my brothers. This all makes me think about life, goals, dreams, legacy. That would be a LONG winded blog and I won't get into that today. IS it fear I am finally feeling? Like when I started with my company at about 21 they said I would need a million dollars saved to retire and live comfortable. Now I know I have likely 30 more years of working, hope a bit less but I also know I am NOWHERE near a million dollars. I look around and sometimes feel so far behind some of my peers, or where others were at this stage in their lives. Then I look at some and feel way ahead of people much older than me. It is like a mix of fear and confusion, yet a couple months ago I finally felt like I had shit on track. I finally paid my debts, finally felt like I was getting ahead and now this.... Like for some reason I feel I should hit the gym more, read more, get out of my house more and not just to get "lit" but to see and do things. Like the new museum or displays at telus world of science. I dunno volunteer.  Just wonder if this is adult thoughts and I never had them until i was almost 40. 

At almost 40 I should not be getting pimple outbreaks either! WTF! 

I had lots more to say but they keep popping into my mind then leaving. So I am going to publish this one, maybe work on editing the next blog then for really, real take a couple weeks off and try and work on real writing. Again maybe it is in my head but I feel like I need to buckle down on that if I am to ever accomplish anything with it.


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo