Skip to main content

30 day writing challenege #3 First love and first kiss....

AH young love, the 3rd part of a 30 part challenge. I am a tenth done! And I already confessed my memories are hazy at best. This is more recent though, only 20 years ago (Fuck I am old) so I am a little less hazy.

Lets start with young love. Does a 15 year old know what love is? Not familial love, for relatives but real love for someone else. Or is a great rack that puts out love?? I dunno if at that age people do know love but I do believe that my first real "girlfriend" was my first love. Not because she as the first girl to let me see her naked. Not because she was my first kiss,not even because we were together for 3 years. Which in teenage years I think is like eons.... We did a shit ton of stuff together. I mean in three years you will. It was Love because I could see a future. I even pictured one. I come from an oil city. Back then it wasn't booming. (Not that it is now. Thanks Notley!!) So I saw a "patch" future. But at 17 I did see a future with this girl. To me that is love. I wanted to spend my life with her. Things didn't work out, or I would be saying my wife duh but I think that was my first love. Actual love.

So down to the juicy part, the kissing. Disclaimer I did get better at it I think.... I really hope so. I apologize to my mom if she is reading this. Or to the girl if we kissed before the time I remember.... But anyways I meet this girl at a church camp out. We brought a mickey of whiskey and a bag of weed. Real churchy. Anyways I meet this girl who seems to wanna hang out, plus I think she brought beer. All night we were up. I went home the next day and slept. (PS I miss being 15 and not getting hangovers!!!) All night with this girl and I don't think I got a kiss. A phone number but no kiss. Pretty sure I called her, on a land line. (Kids that is the old thing hanging on the wall in the kitchen. Maybe) I remember biking to hang out with her. I don't even remember really what we did but I remember she walked me a few blocks away from her parents house. I remember being nervous and bashing my teeth into hers. Like I think she was trying to be delicate and I had no idea what I was doing! Anyways it was a shit show. I think had I snuck a kiss in that first night after a few drinks and smokes it woulda worked out better!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo