Skip to main content

The state of hockey and Connor McJesus

Ah hockey, the game I love another season has wrapped up. So this is my annual wrap up. That's a lie I have never done a wrap up, but here is my thoughts. The fackin Blackhawks won again. At this point whether I like 'em or not is irrelevant. I may have to admit the are becoming a modern dynasty. As much as I hate Kane I like Toews so I guess it is good with the bad. Just know Patrick your on the list with Kayne. The nut kicking list. It would be pretty sweet to see L.A win again next year. Then it would be like 2 dynasty's fighting.

The big thing though I wanna yap about is Connor McDavid. Nope not even lets start with the Oilers. 3 first over all picks then 2 in the top 5?? And still a bottom feeder. Tavaeres, Stamkos, Crosby, Ovi, Toews & Fruity Kane were all top picks that have turned their teams around. Don't say they went to better teams either. What is the problem in Oil City? I mean yes we could use Pronger back. Boo me all you want he was a winner! Cant blame the coach cause well none stay long enough to blame. So what is the disease here? We have the talent, maybe this overhaul of the entire club will help. Lets hope for that. Like Hall may or may not be a douche but he is all heart. I think having a season coming in second only to great 8 says he has some skill on the left wing. Ebs makes me think of Datsyuk some days. When he wants he plays with that puck like the magic man. RNH I dunno about. I would like to see him more Theo Fluery or even Samwise Ganger. I mean Gange might not have been the best Oiler but he had heart beyond heart. Dude fought guys who gave him chances to back out. And Nail, my precious Nail. I saw Ovi. If RNH could be his Backstrom they would light it up. I never expected two way play but haven't even seen one way yet. Scrivens another golden boy. Quick was a back up the blew up. I had hoped Scrivens would be quicks back up that blew up in E town. Sadly no. Or at least not yet. He is lacking the L.A defense. Which bring me to my final hope. Nurse. Big D. Does he have a clever name yet? Loved him in World juniors hope for the same at the NHL level. So with this huge pool of talent what is the problem. Here is to hoping it is sorted out with the overhaul. Ya E town is done the rebuild lets call it the overhaul now. And now by a lotto draw (Shit has gotta be fixed) Connor McJesus.

Connor has the junior talent. I give him that. At the world juniors he didn't really amaze me. Which worries me. But he has the hype. Hell 99 said he is the next one, as was Crosby and Lindros so is he the next next next one??? The hype I think is part of the problem though. Remember Taylor Vs Tyler a few years back? I for one said Tyler, just saying..... But Taylor Hall was gonna save the Oilers. That clearly hasn't happened. Had he we wouldn't be getting the 4th first overall in 6 years. But I think as the kid he was he believed he would. I have 0 proof for this but I hear he is a fucking asshole. Walking around like Ovi but playing like well himself. Not a Hart trophy winner. But like I said I have no proof he let his own hype go to his head, that's all rumors. Anyways Connor is coming to even more hype! That's no good. Straight up, he may be the nicest kid ever but hearing your gods balls does tend to make you a bit brash.Whatever leave personal life outta it. Unless he tears up the league he is a let down. My man crush Ovi had 269 goals and 260 assists in his first 5 years. He is pretty good at hockey so lets use that as a guide. McDavid needs to post numbers like that to live up to his hype. For reference Hall is at 106 goals and 157 assists in 5 years. If he lights it up like Ovi and the Oilers still lose he will be okay. Or he can be Hall but then they need a cup. So this poor kid is under insane pressure.

I wont lie, I am an asshole. A small part of me wants him to be Patrik Stefan. Remember him #1 overall. Ya me either, in fact I had to google him. But the bigger part of me wants him to be the next Crosby, Ovi or Stamkos or even better. Cause Edmonton is a hockey city! It was way more exciting to be here in the cup run 2006 than it was in L.A when they won their first cup. Sorry Kings I was in a sky box for that and in a bar after some people didn't even know L.A won the cup. So Connor please deliver!

Oh the whole state of hockey thing I promised. Well I am still not playing men's league which is kinda sad cause I love it. My Essc team did slightly better but we are still not the champ team we were before. I think we play to sober now. The Wings lost Babcock. My thing is yes the money is amazing but I hope they told him he can run the show cause why go to such a bad team??? Ill take Zetterberg over Kessel any day! Ovi is still missing that cup ring. I think they might hav past that point. Caps don't dominate like they did for a few seasons.... And L.A well the Kings added more with a guy I hate in Lucic. If the Oil traded Nail to the Kings I see him blowing up and the Kings Dynasty starting.....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo