Skip to main content

Final day back in the original park....

Friday, the final day and back to Disneyland. I didn’t think I would become a stickler but I am. I do think that they should be called what they are Disney and Cali. I mean we had hopper passes but never did hop. So really you can go to Cali and never step in Disneyland. But that isn’t really important. So I don’t know if it was cause it was Friday but the bus was packed. The whole thing is to have two buses on one line so people aren’t waiting. So stagger them!!! It drove me mental the whole time that both buses ran side by side.

Here is another side rant. If you work at Disney be fucking happy. Some people are just crabby and if that’s you don’t work at Disney. This comes from a ticket taker not validating my pass right. It did some strange ding which my girlfriend noticed. I said don’t worry no one will let you in without it being right. Turns out I was wrong. My girlfriends was valid and I wasn’t. So even though this ticket taker knew my shit wasn’t valid she let us through. Do your damn job and make sure it works proper! Not gonna lie there was some grumpy words between us but it all worked out and after a hour wasted we were on our day. Also I know she will never hear it but thank you to Hannah??? I think her name was. A super friendly cast member who earlier in the week found us a band aid for a blister. That is going above and beyond.

We did Indy twice more. Once in line and once on a fast pass. That ride is a top 3 for sure. We did the haunted mansion again. This time trying to get some photos. It isn’t really that scary but I bet back in the day, it was cutting edge. I promised the Girlfriend she could meet Mickey, so we went to toontown. He was in his house so it wasn’t even a bad wait. When you look at all the movies, theme parks, merch and on and on that Disney has it is crazy to think it all started with a mouse. Also is toontown just hotter than the rest of Disney? Maybe cause it is more open and concrete but shit it is hot. We ate pizza and hot dog. Now I know why you don’t buy food in the park unless it is sit down! Then we headed to Alice, 40 minute line up. But it is one of my fav stories so it was a must do. Of course after 20 min in line it breaks down.

However we had fast passes to star tours. Before I get into that Fast passes are a great idea. If you are just there for the rides, they would likely be the only way you could get it all in. Even then I dunno. Friday was the only day we made really good use of them. Star tours though was decent. Wont lie, not what I thought. I thought it would be zipping around from the main star wars planets. Or that’s what the line up to it seems. I wont say exactly what it is but either way it was pretty good.
Then we did splash mountain. Fast pass again saves the day!! Here is my question were can I get songs of the South? I remember the basics of it but would like to see it again. Now that I am an adult I might understand why it was so contervisail. I loved it, the ride is good and I loved the drop. Its top 3 for me. 

Then we went back to haunted mansion, guess what we used again? Anyways I noticed in line an adult using a Nintendo DS. Really?? I understand a book even, if you were alone but do you really need a DS when your over 8? Then we went shopping, we got two engraved wine glasses. Name and year. A Mickey and a Minnie. Then I finally got to ride Alice! Its good, I am a bit disappointed in the tea party part but at least we rode it. 

Funny story the last ride I did on this trip was small world. I get what Walt wanted from it, I however giggle at the stereotypes. And on the Bright side that stupid song isn’t stuck in my head. One Mickey sings over and over is. Suitcase and a dream…..

So we watched the canoes by Tom Sawyer for a bit. I dunno what the draw for that is. I mean maybe if you never have left the city but I wouldn’t go on vacation to canoe myself. Then we ate at the Blue Bayou. 5/5. It was the best food we had there. I really like the gumbo and the Jambalaya. I still have a beef with the fact I can go for a twilight dinner with my girl and not be served wine but…. Also they do have two specialty drinks which were really good. I think you should get to line jump and do pirates again if you eat there but no dice.

We finished by taking some more pics in downtown and she bought a Alice mug for me. I can see how downtown could turn into a big party at night. Either way we left early for the hotel. Then we had our dessert there. Wine and dessert in the lounge. So my Disney adventures came to an end. 24180 steps or 18.4 Km

My last thoughts are on LAX. It is an airport I think most people know but it really could use some work. The baggage drop was just some corner with a hand written sign West Jet. I wouldn’t have left my bag there but two guys did grab it and toss it on a belt. Here is to hoping it is in E town when I get home. Also it doesn’t seem clean or kept up well. The waiting areas are awful. Arriving is great on your way super fast but leaving from there I dunno

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo