Skip to main content

Disney Day 2, I got a pin yo!

So today was the magic morning. For first timers like me what that is, is getting into the park 1 hours before opening. What that means really is hurry up and wait. BUT before we even get there we hop on the bus, getting excited on my way to Mickey! Then a family comes on. I shouldn't judge my mommy told me not too but both the mom and grandma are in scooters. My thoughts are mean. Then they have to lift up seats and strap these scooters in. Well they cant park them and after watching the struggle I go manually push it into the straps so we can freakin get this shit on the road. We finally hit the park gates... First off, there is a lot of magic morning cards and of course everyone wants in early. So the line up isn't small but it isn't big either. However of course in front of us is a family that doesn't understand the magic morning is an extra and didn't pay for it but wants in and is arguing with the ticket taker. Switch lines bada boom bada bing in. Mind is blown first of this isn't just galaxyland like in WEM this is the real deal. And some of the signs that Walt has up like his ideas for the park are pretty freakin awesome. However what they don't really tell you is only fantasyland is open, so we head there and look at the park. Oh I tried to pull King Arthur's sword out, I couldn't seems I am not the ruler of England. I am more like Mordred anyways.... You nerds will get that. And now I know were Thor stole that from.

First ride was Indy! We got super lucky and were one of the first people on it. So here is my deal, if I shit my pants this is gonna be a long trip. I don't, i love it. Other than a couple blacked out drops the made my heart jump it was amazing. Think I can get into this Disney stuff. Next we did Pirates. Drink up me hearties yo ho! It isn't as fast or anything but it is a fun ride great visuals. And we saw the Blue Bayou were we will be dining later this week. Looks very romantic girlfriend is gonna love it. With or without wine (Walt that is the only stupid rule you made for this park. No booze)

We had breakfast at the Carnation cafe. My girlfriend of course went cutsey with the Mickey waffles, which I tasted and were phenomenal. Also she had Chocolate milk which was super thick. Now I don't know if that is just the way it is down here or if in Disney they melt malts to make chocolate milk. I had an all American breakfast which means literally a normal bacon eggs and toast.

The next ride was Snow White. Which was surprisingly good considering ti is 100 years old I swear. Then we made our way to toon town! Roger rabbit is an awesome ride. I like how you actually control the spinning. The one spinning circle board on the walk though did kinda make me dizzy! Mickey wasn't home but we did meet Minnie. Then we did the jungle cruise. First off people shouldn't be pigs. There was garbage all over the line up. There is no excuse I mean Disney has garbage bins every 10 damn feet. The ride was cool, the jokes made by the "tour guide" really make the ride. Then we had to try Dole Whip. It gets a 7 / 10 from me. I mean it was good but from the hype I thought it would b mind blowing! So that may be unfair but I excepted my mind to be blown. After a bit of wandering we ended up on the train around the park. It was my first time in Tomorrowland. Autopia, ya that's a pretty lame ride. I guess for kids it might be cool but I doubt I will be back. Then we did Buzz Light years blaster game. I lost, but it was pretty cool.

Gotta say it doesn't sound like all that much but we were starting to get a bit tired. It had been about 8 - 9 hours in the hot park. So we left and headed to Downtown Disney. I understand why it has all the bars and restaurants. We ate at Uva?? Pizza and fries with vodka and wine. After that good to go again. Your not melting anymore and the food in your belly gives you some get up and go. All the shops around there is smart to. You feel better and the wallet is more likely to open. Mine didn't.

So Main Street USA had a parade when we were gone. But people weren't getting up... Strange but oh well. We did the Pinocchio ride. It also is good for being so old. It did teach me though if you ever head to Disney watch all the movies you can before you go!! To remember wtf is going on in the rides. So we did head back to main street and ask. Yes people were lining up 3 hours early for the Paint the Night parade. A cast member was nice enough to warn us we were in the wrong area and would miss the parade when we found a place to sit. So we wandered Main Street 3 hours early not finding a spot......

In the end we sat down with to American families. It blows my mind that they have all been here a few times. I guess this is something the yanks do more than us. They were pretty nice, I love chirping on twitter about politics but I was unaware how divided it is down here. Depending on who you talk to Obama is the best or worst person ever... But beside all that kids make me mad!! Not little kids but a bunch of grad classes are here this week. Rude, loud, obnoxious. I was likely all those things but man I hate kids. Spitting on main street. Have a bit of class. Trying to stand in front of us after waiting 3 hours NO DICE!!!! The parade on the flip side was awesome. The lights, the live actors, the music. It was a nice way to end the day. Sadly they cancelled the fireworks cause of winds. Which I hear is actually common. Then the bus ride home.

ART is a great idea from the hotels to the resort. However as the night carries on the buses should either get bigger or more often. We waited over 35 minutes, when they claim it is every 20 minutes. And then the bus was full, over full. A young family was first on. Here is the thing that caused me grief. All three kids took seats. 2 were small enough they coulda sat on parents laps. Anyways the cheeseburger family hops on last. This fat bitch as loud as she can talk starts "What a rude mother. She should be holding those kids on her lap so people can sit." Maybe. And saying it once, whatever I wouldn't but that's me. However Cheeseburger woman carries on. I heard at least 10 times over the next 20 minutes "HOW RUDE".  Once maybe was okay but now the sides switched. She went from being a rude mother to this loud woman being the rude one. This is mean but the only reason she wanted to sit down was her fat ass was tired. Well so was everyone and no one else woulda taken up 2 seats and no one else was loud and rude!! FUCK ME some people deserve a throat punch. And last but not least is really they paid for the kids to have seats on the bus same as cheeseburger Mary so just shut the fuck up!

I bet after that day it took me less than 5 minutes in the hotel bed to be out!!! Funny what a good sleep you get after a full day of fun!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo