Skip to main content

Cali adventure!

So California Adventures! Day 2 in the parks, day 3 here. We started with a buffet breakfast, that is the way to go in my mind on trips like this. Now first thing in the park we were told get your fast pass for cars. Well we didn't, we simply braved the 45 minutes line for the ride. Did it live up to the hype. Yup. It has both the Disney story elements and the speed of a good ride. AND they did the set really well. At this point it is cars or Indy for my top ride. On the way out of Carsland we did Maters tow. It is more a kids ride but gotta get them all in.

Then we kinda wandered around to see the park. We were going to do the Monsters inc ride when they guy gave us a Buddy pass?? For some reason we got to line cut, not complaining about that but a few people ahead of us wondered WTF. Also it is a decent ride but it is just a story ride. We then did flics flight which is another kiddie ride. Ariel's adventure is a good story ride, a lot of detail. However I am noticing kid rides skip the climax. We don't see Ursala go down, just her waving her fist in the background. Then the wedding.

Toy story mania is a great ride. If you like games. It doesn't tell the story and it doesn't whip you around but it is carny games. I lost but got alot better when I realized you can just keep pulling the string. How someone scored over 435000 I don't know. Woulda done it again but the damn line as insane! Then we did goofys flight school. I failed, I don't like coasters. I guess my girlfriend thought it was sheer terror on my face. The drops are okay but I wont be doing the stupid hair pin turns again.....

We lined up for Mickeys fun wheel, gonna do the one that doesn't move. But my girlfriend said no to that. She is not a fan of heights. We did hop on the Golden zephyr? Which goes surprisingly high. From ground it looks tame, in the air it seems like your getting height. But for some reason I can deal with it much better than goofys damn sky school!

Mid day is hot in Cali. Or more so later afternoon. We were both pretty hot and tired. So we wandered the pier a bit. We got fast passes for cars at night because now we have been told it is pretty sweet at night. Do that ride once it is dark it is awesome!! But that is off track. We headed out to Disney downtown. They have everything. Anything you might want to buy is there. If you have the money. Also lets talk about dressing. Not yummy ranch but clothing on people. My thoughts are the shortness of shorts should be based on age. I know it is hot (the temperature, perverts) but teen girls should not be wearing what strippers start the dances in. Between butt and knee until 18! Also this applies to dudes. Guts should remain covered!!! Lets just use the rule its not a night club or your backyard dress like that!

Our meal was at the House of Blues. I am meh on that. The food was decent, the drinks were a bit pricey the atmosphere was awesome. More for a bar than a dinner though. But the Voodoo shrimp is to die for!!  After we wandered and shopped some more. I didn't buy anything yet. For some reason I thought I would find a deal, maybe it was the vodka with dinner. Dessert was cones from the cozy cone motel in carsland. Dipped cones are the bomb, and Disney ice cream is like DQ. We sat with a nice young family and waited for carsland to light up. It was worth it, that must be the newest land there and they did a great job on it. Then we did a night race. Well worth it. My big question with this day is what makes lightning and mater move???? Anyways we got 20432 steps in or 15.4Km.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo