Skip to main content

Day 1 and travelling to Disney!

Finally in the air. We got up at 4 AM which is fucking crazy but when you look at the big goal of getting to Disney it ain't that bad. Still hard though. Almost everything was packed so didn’t really have to do anything except shower n coffee. I dis the Henday constantly cause every time I take it, its backed up but today at 5 AM is was clear. Was shocked from St Albert to the EIA was 35 minutes. Some night hockey rinks take longer to get to.

Customs is getting crazy, this new thing were they take your pic to get into the states is crazy. Like I am showing you my passport and filling out a declaration so why do I need to do it twice. Also maybe it is my hillbilly side but I hate when people who ain't great at English are the agents. On the bright side I didn’t get an anal probe. On the down side I didn’t get to go in the x ray machine. And unlike last time no one dropped a joint in front of security.

I cant eat that early so even though we had a breakfast at Wings which was pretty good I think I had ½. But a couple baileys n coffee always helps a flight. It is funny to look at people and guess were they maybe headed. The grandparents and kids in mickey shirts clearly are headed to Disney like us. Some chick and some friends are headed to Vegas to turn 21. While it sounds great from experience I think that will cost way too much to party there. As a side note I saw a flight to Chicago, why would anyone go there? PS I still hate Patty Kane.

This entry will be longer than most. I am sitting on a three hour flight, while I want to do about an entry a day. I highly doubt I will have the time or ambition to do that. Airports are rip offs by the way. I wanted some pepto for my guts which might be nervous and it was 10 bucks for like a two gulp bottle. Also my first world problem for today is poopin. I wanted to get it out before we took off cause I don’t think I could do it in the air but I have that problem with doing it in public and airport washrooms are always busy cause no one wants to use airplane bathrooms!

I like west jet. However I am not overly impressed with this flight. First off no TVs. I don’t remember the last time I flew without a TV. You can rent a tablet but no free TV. While it is good money making it is pretty annoying. If nothing else I like the little plane with the info as to were you are. Second is the people behind me. No it ain't a screaming kicking kids. It is two guys yapping about starting companies. One shouldn’t judge but I think there is more yappin then real knowledge. Last time I was in L.A I did go out with a bunch of businessmen one night. They had a charter flight, not a west jet flight. Share holders, assets blah blah blah… Three is credit cards! I know it hasn’t changed but why cant a guy buy a beer with a 5 dollar bill. Maybe it was watching Marylin Monroe story last night but I am picturing a chick in a pillbox outfit saying cigars, cigarettes…. Sometimes my mind wanders, anywho….. On the Brightside I remembered I do have headphones and a library of music on this laptop to drowned things out. On the downside I think the 4 coffees have come back and it is hard not to poop in the air. That might be first mission in LAX.

Also those of you who can sleep on planes, ya go to hell. I think I have gotten better but I will never be able to relax enough to sleep in the air. I used to sing we like being alive from family guy. Now I think of Game of thrones…. What do we say to death. Not today. Stupid red god.

I do right now have a ton of time to write which I will get to. Just thinking of what I have to do. Call some shuttle. Check in and then head to the park to get all our passes and shit. Hoping photo pass is as good as it sounds. We do have 3 meals booked already. Trust me they will show up on here and on yelp. But enough with the dog fucking I will do some real writing. 

So we landed, while it was neat to see the urban sprawl I really don't like the sharp turns into L.A. As quick as LAX is and well run it is almost too fast. No one told us which terminal to go get our luggage so ya that kinda sucked. Also I have a suggestion. Whenever a plane lands in LAX a song about California should be playing. I suggest Tupac - I love L.A, Hollywood Undead - California or the opening song from the O.C. Yes I watched that show Oh Or California Love by Dre and Tupac! But it did get better Andre "Dre" picked us up. Drove us with another couple groups to Anaheim. Dre did point out some good places to eat. One was chicken and waffles... Insert joke here.

Anyways we got settled in. It is a beauty hotel the double tree by Hilton. First off it is the cookie hotel. We got two warm cookies, if nothing else that woulda sold me on it.  Then I got my first look at Disney. Wow, it actually hit me. I was excited. The draw back. Even though we got our stuff to go in I actually wont see the park till tomorrow. We did see downtown Disney. It is nice, and the restaurants look great. Later this week we will be eating at House of Blues. Also the lego store is mind blowing. However I am gonna have to think the prices on some stuff in the stores is as nice as unwanted prison sex. 

So we went back to the hotel. My girlfriend and I decided to head to the roof top pool. I giggled like a silly school boy. There was a warning if you have had diarrhea in the last 2 weeks, please stay out. So we walk out right as a kid pukes into the hot tub. Seriously?! So after a few minutes laying in the sun we go back to the room. I know its a first world problem. I didn't get to sit in the roof top hot tub but DAMN! Next we wandered a bit. The main strip looks clean and fun a block off it is starting to get scketchy. A truck did rip by blaring Tupac. If only it had been I love L.A.....

To end the night we ate appies at the hotel restaurant Ogios??/ I don't know but I do know it was awesome. The vodka was awful but the food and service was amazing. But I an done for today my brain is fuzzy and this is one sleepy boy!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo