Skip to main content

Disney day 3 Soarin over Cali.

So we started off Thursday with a buffet again. I gotta say, starting the day off with custom omelette's is the way to go. The fruit really wasn’t all that great considering we are in Cali but oh well. So it was cold. I have heard the term June gloom when you cant see the sun and we were getting it. We tried to go on Toy story mania again but it was crazy busy so we played some games. Won a couple small stuffies. Unlike a real carnival I guess you cant upgrade!


Then we went to soaring over California. The line was half an hour, which wasn’t bad. Listening to the trailer park folk behind me was mind numbingly painful though. Seriously, a chunky white dude in line trying to teach his 5 year old boxing combos. Oh ya and tattoos and a tank top. Like seriously wtf. My personal fav was him whining about how season pass holders don’t get treated well enough. Ya they should get treated well but I think a huge chunk of Disney's revenue comes from suckers like us who come down and blow 1500 in 4 days….. Anyways I loved the ride. You still seem to be flying like mad, your stomach drops and shit BUT you are stationary. No crazy turns and I didn’t feel like I lost control so maybe that is why I wasn’t a lil bitch on that ride.

Then we did Ariel again. Only cause it was cold, I mean it is a nice enough ride but doesn’t merit 2 rides unless it is cold. Also how do merpeople reproduce??? Like fish? These are the things that keep me up at night. Also please Disney stop cheaping out on the toilet paper. The washrooms are nice enough, and I saw a million janitors in them but 1 ply??? Come on, lets get that fixed before I come back.  We braved the line for toy story mania again. We did better, I still lost and am still mind blown someone got 435000. I do give Disney they have some good food ideas. Watching a dude devour a turkey leg in line for toy story really made me want 1! Also Corn on the cob, if that is nice and warm that’s like a perfect treat on a cold day.

Then we did some shopping. My thoughts really are what do you bring back. I have a bunch of shirts people have brought me from place that I never wear cause they are either kinda cheesy or you don’t wanna wreck em. I did buy a shirt though, one I will wear a few times at least. Bought some friends kids books. Clothes they will out grow and toys meh, you can buy a toy anywhere. I have always been a huge support of books n reading to kids. Anyways we were going back to the hotel to drop it all off and rest a bit when I saw a sight that made me laugh. How rude lady from the first night, cheeseburger Mary ya her tubby ass is driving a scooter around the park. What a bitch.

So we chilled at the hotel for a bit then took the transit back. I don’t know were this driver came from. Seriously. He took a route we had never done before, same general drive but not quite. He never shut up, I mean harmless but strange. Part of me thinks he just hi jacked the bus. If he did he was the nicest hijacker ever!

Cove bar was where we were headed but it had a monster line up. So no lobster nachos, even though they come highly recommended. But we went to the Alfresco winery. Wow, good shit. I mean the “flights” trying 3 different wines is a rip off. 3 glasses at 2 oz for 20 some bucks wtf but on the upside we both found wines we enjoyed. So we started on glasses. I would say if you want a nice afternoon with a few adult beverages give it a try. Also they only have appies but they are very good and the cheese platter is great to. Less olives of course. We caught the ass end of the pixar parade, it is funny how much Disney actual owns….

We played more pier games, this time I had a beer and like a big man beat some small kids for a dumbo. In my defense I could give it to my girlfriend, I mean who would they give it to? Anyways we got fast passes for Racers again. I gotta rant about selfie sticks. Come the fuck on who the fuck needs a god damn selfie stick. The urge to break everyone I saw OR drive them up someones ass was insane. This whole selfie thing is stupid ya ask me. I know the chive is making it huge but please just stop it!


Anyways two things at night are awesome. Do the races. First off all of carsland looks pretty sweet and it does play the song from the movie when it lights up. Pretty damn cool. Also if you pay attention Flos’ café is a V8 engine. No I am not smart enough to figure that out a cast member told me but when you look it is true. The canyon race is awesome to lit up like that. That ride is for sure in my top 3. The other awesome thing we saw is the Mad Tea Party. Alice and the Hatter throw a good party and the music is modern rock / pop. Or what we listened to was, I guess they do change to techno but we didn’t hear that thank god. Walked 19505 steps or 15.5 kms

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo