Skip to main content

Mexico!

AH Mexico! I love it, been there 4 times I can remember and once when I was young. Have the pics but don't remember the trip back then. I have haggled and won and likely lost in markets. Been to clubs and seen the heritage sites like ruins... Stayed in condos and resorts. Had guns pulled on me, all in all seen a few things and I know there is WAY more I could still see. Anyways what I have thought is going to be below and then afterwards I am going to post a few more blogs detailing my recent trip over the next couple weeks, if you wanna come back and read some more.

Its a long haul to get there. Cancun is almost 6 hour flight. I suggest arrive early, have a drink and some food because no matter what airplane foods sucks. For the love of god, get a poop out before you go! I hate pooping on planes, did it for the first time two weeks ago and never again. Plus the line up to get into the cramped little room is always crazy. So get done what you can before you get on that plane. Bring a book, or now a days an Ipad. Most plans have a streaming service or downloads of movies to take up that cramped 6 hours. Oh and one more thing, put on shorts and a tee. When you land she is gonna be hot! Well hopefully.

If you are going to a resort, do it young and single! I am being honest, even if it is with a group of friends try it by yourself once. I say this because some resorts are WAY better than bars.  Actually they are all better than bars, they are free booze and people want to party. Let me say at most resorts people do. Actually some really high end ones might not. So be careful about that. But the fact is you will likely meet people and have a good time. Don't mistake what I am saying, for couples shouldn't go or something! Not at all, they can have great times too. I simply mean if you are into the whole bar crowd. An all inclusive is like next level shit of this!!

Don't be a fuck stick! Don't be a pig, be a good tourist! That goes for everyone. If you are there, remember you rep all of Canada. So tip, the country runs on them make sure you do. If you are going and can't afford to tip. Maybe wait a year, until you can. These people are working hard everyday and I heard make a minimum wage of $200 American a month. So first off tip and second be nice. They aren't slaves or servants. Don't be a douche! Get shitfaced! If that's your thing but don't be a dumb ass. I know first hand more than once waking up being awww fuck I screwed up SUCKS! Now live a holiday like that.... It is one thing to be the guy who makes friends with everyone drunk, but don't be the guy everyone remembers as the obnoxious drunk jackass. Don't pick fights and ffs use your head. You leave the resort all drunk and dumb, its still Mexico. Bad shit still goes down, even if you are thinking your a big shot tourist.... I said don't be a pig and I mean that to. I know, I know "everyone" does it but don't piss in the swim up bar. Serious that's fucking nasty. Don't drop things inn the pool. People pouring there ice or remainders of drinks in pool and getting a fresh one is gross. Don't fucking spit, that's nasty too. This whole paragraph is saying, yes your on holidays have fun! But respect the people and fellow tourists and don't make us look bad!

I also have to add if this wasn't clear, it is as bad as the news says there... but not for tourists! Yes for a decade or more now there has been a brutal drug war that is killing hundreds of thousands now. It isn't in the Mayan and what has been bad there is literally people connected to drugs. Ask yourself... Are you in the drug game? No... Then you SHOULD be safe. Now don't get me wrong there is always risks, anytime you travel or even at home. You go looking for trouble in Canada you'll find it. You go looking in Mexico. Its there likely worse...... Yes there is also always the random chance something bad might happen but unless you are one on Chapo's henchmen you should be fine

This part well it is for Mexicans, not everyone always wants tequila!  Don't get me wrong for some reason tequila tastes awesome down there for some reason but not every time I go to the bar do I want one. Mexico you have some other great drinks, maybe I just wanna try them!

Also is Latin America the land of boy bands? Let me say this, I have for as long as I can remember loved Latinas! Not sure why, but maybe it started with Vida. Anyways riding on the bus to the resort they played music videos. For every 1 featuring a hot female dancer, cause rarely was it a female artist. They seemed to have 10 bad boy bands. These dudes are dancing shirtless.... Even what I think was supposed to be rap, looked like boy bands. So I have to ask myself is this the land of boy bands?

Now the biggest thing is the difference in worlds. It makes me sad and makes me wonder how Mexicans can stand us. We come and spend money yes but think of what they see. These massive buffets, which I am assuming a lot goes to waste while many in their country starve. Going to guess the bartenders that have to learn these drinks for tourists like don't have massive liquor cabinets at home. Maybe a Tecate. I have heard working on the resort is a better job but would anyone want to live like a servant? I heard of one guy at a restaurant off the resort, nibbling on french fries from a plate he had cleaned from a table. That is awful. Maybe they are better people than me but I couldn't do it. I would resent tourists so much. Don't get me wrong, I know driving into Cancun you see cars, like here and a bustling city. So the country must have a middle class somewhere, but it sure isn't out in the country.

In Mazatlan I always laughed at the music. They seemed 5 - 10 years at least behind current in Canada. In Cancun I discovered the old cop show channel! Seriously all it is, is old cop shows all three CSI's, three NCIS and a ton of Hawiai 5.0. None of them anywhere near the current seasons! Hell some of those shows are off the air now I believe. The only current one is Criminal minds, which was okay cause I like that one but wow! Do they not get the same programs at the same time? Oh and Riverdale was up to speed, but that was a different channel. Johnny Depp is in a cologne ad down there I have yet to see here. But I mean that could all be because of the language barrier. MAYBE they are up to speed but not in English??

The last thing I saw and it breaks the heart is the dogs. More so in the country I noticed but dogs just wandering around. I didn't miss work, the cold, bills and a lot of other stuff but I did think about my dog and I would hate to see him just wandering around. He would hate it too!

There might be more stuff and I will throw it up in the coming blogs over the next couple weeks reviewing my trip but ya, that's a start!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo