Skip to main content

Mexico Trip Day 1-3

Just a heads up again. Some people will be referenced that you likely need to read autobiography entries to know. You don't need to actually do tat but it might help.

So the bags were packed and ready the night before. The house sitter had arrived and was asleep when the limo showed up. 4 AM I believe. It had been forever since I rode in a limo. In fact just recently I was reminded that last time I rode in one I may have puked all over it..... But the driver was great (this time) he packed our suitcases in and we were off. Limos are nice, part of me wished I had brought stuff for mimosas but I didn't so me and the wife to be, rode out to the airport. I am not the most romantic guy but I liked the ride. I think she did to. We were supposed to practice our vows but instead just chatted. It was on that drive that it really hit me I was off to Mexico to get married!



We weren't even the first there. Some of our group had arrived. There was a tiny hiccup at check in. They seemed to think we were over baggage weight. We paid extra to have 4 bags at 50 lbs and we were no where near that. But they said don't worry about it, like they were doing us a favor. But after that security was quick and we got to sit and have breakfast. Now anytime I fly I like the same thing, breakfast and a ceaser. I love breakfast ceasers, think they calm the flight nerves. Another perk for this extra package we bought was we boarded first. Which didn't matter to me much but it was nice to settle in. Now we are sitting beside this guy who turns out to be a pilot. My wife tells him I am a nervous flyer, he tries to be helpful and explains turbulence and landing and stuff. I didn't help. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. Another nice perk we got a meal and drink included. I had red wine, not the best but I mean what can you expect on a plane. We didn't take the meal, we just ate but got oreos instead. Watched the new tomb raider, its alright. I do prefer West Jet were you can stream other things not forced to download a movie before you fly but oh well. So a long 6 hours went by. There was at least 1 other wedding on the plane. They partied way more than us and our 1 drink.

Cancun airport was actually a breeze, we were in and out super fast. Outside Transat had a mini bus waiting for us. Names on a sign even, felt important! That was another hour and a half sitting. Travel is a lot of time sitting. See earlier post about Mexican music videos as that is what we got to watch.... On the bright side they had cheap corona and everyone had one or two to relax.

Now my wife and I are very different people. We got to the room and I was happy to toss my suit cases on a bed and run. No she set it all up. Put things away and such. I was amazed. The room was very nice and the view 3 floors up looking over the ocean was amazing. We headed to the lobby for a late buffet. I ran into my family as they were leaving from dinner. Mom, Dad, Biggs and his girlfriend. After the normal, hey how are you, how was the flight talk Biggs asked me when we were getting lit. Ahh to be 23 again. It is likely a good thing I could make it to a resort when I was that age. My liver mighta died. Mandy and Candy arrived about then, as they were on a separate flight.



The wife went to talk to her parents who were also in the lobby. I went for food. First drama, mother in law lost her phone. So I guess father in law and wife got into an argument or something. One of the bridesmaids informed me. Let's call her BM1 from now on, if she comes up again! So I went to our room after I ate. We went to bed early, which wasn't too bad actually since we had already been up for over 20 hours. It was kinda funny honestly, my inlaws aren't people who go out much. But I guess they were out until like 2 am. I know this because I guess they found siblings and sat at the 24 hour snack bar for hours.

Day two started by a buffet breakfast.We got our server, by that I mean they work for tips. We had this guy the first day and then everyday after he saved a table for us, a big one because people kept coming and going. When we told him it was our wedding he called me the tiger. Back to my other blog, do you think they like serving people like that? Anyways we didn't get much done as we had to meet with the hotel to set up the whole wedding. This was like 3 hours long in the morning and very thorough. They went over every detail, looked at every cost and met the photographer saw the places things would be happening. Line by line looking at the cost and then paying the bill.... Two thoughts here. A) it is overkill, I trust them and didn't think we need to fine tooth comb everything but B) It is smart. Neither party can say things weren't what they wanted. I mean here people spend months getting shit together. There it is 3 hours and done. It was just after noon when we finally hit the pool. Oh and travel tip. Just buy an Iphone then you can Imessage without using data. Or use fb messenger for people with out Iphones! Anyways thats how we found my family and friends. Also KT and Cook arrived at this time. I guess I looked frazzled, my dad laughed and said have a drink you look like you need one. Right away Biggs girlfriend had us doing tequila shots. Then I brought family over to friends. My mom has been curious for nearly 15 years who these people I hang out with are. It was a nice pool afternoon. I am going to say though, even though I know they don't I swear they water down the beer on tap. A couple people, Diablo and his new man tried to keep up drinks with dad. I heard they slept for like 14 hours after that lol.

We left to clean up and get ready for dinner, I think it was the only one we ate alone. We were very fortunate to have 40 guests come. That does keep you on the go! Trying to spend time with everyone. Eating is social and that means every meal you are with people. We had that meal alone but then ran into inlaws. So we took them to the hacienda on site to go shopping. All I wanted in Mexico was some cigars and a fedora. I found both there but wasn't wise enough to bring money. So I would have to come back. Again for us it was an early night. If I am honest again I didn't mind. Neither of us slept well at all. I dunno nerves or what but we were both up by 5 am at the latest.

Day 3 started the same as the last. Buffet, with coffee and baileys and the waiter calling me tiger. This am we end up with Amazing, Frenchman and their kids. Along with the wife's cousin Sho. Back to the hacienda, for all of us. Well we dropped Frenchman and his daughter off at the kids water park. This time I brought money and bought cigars even with wife's protests! Its a resort so of course after that we spent the afternoon in the pool again. With frenchman and the kids. Amazing made me laugh. We wondered if 10 years ago we pictured us all out on a family vacation, the answer was no. Also it was reassuring, she is one of my most chill friends and she admitted for her wedding it was the same. She had been stressed. I never see her stressed, so I realized maybe I wasn't going crazy. Wife had a trial hair and makeup so she went to that and I stayed at the pool for a bit longer with Amazing her family and Sho. Eventually I went back and showered. In Mexico I am at least a 2 shower a day guy. IN the AM to get awake and clean from night sweat and afternoon to clean up from pool and day sweat. Then we went for dinner with Diablo & his boyfriend. They had recovered from the day before and it was a good visit with them. I mean in general you only get small visits with people when that many come! I asked if they wanted to drink with my dad again. That was a big no! Then came some prep for the big day. I shaved and took all my stuff to Frenchmans room so I could get ready there the next day. Now here is one time I got frustrated. Bahia is a massive resort, massive! I am wandering looking for Frenchmans room and took a wrong turn somewhere. So I am wandering aimlessly carrying a suit and other shit. But I did find the room after awhile. Amazing and Mandy were there waiting. Here is the nice thing. They both asked anyway they could help out. I said nah, we should be good just be on time! A hug later and I was on my way back to the room and bed. To get married the next day....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo