Skip to main content

Mexico days 5,6,7

Woke up my first day married, in a king sized bed in Mexico. Not a bad way to start the day. Room service knocked shortly after that. They serve breakfast in bed, the day after a wedding. It is a nice gesture, but there isn't much to it. Fresh fruit and some pastries. I had a couple bites and we were on our way to the buffet.Well actually I had to walk to the Frenchmans room to get my toothbrush, pit stick and all that kind of stuff because I got ready in his room the day before. Amazing let me in and gave it to me. But no one else was moving, not even the kids who were usually up and running by now! For the first time we weren't up early, but no one else was either. Well that's not quite true, we ran into my wife's cousin Show and ate with her. People trickled in and we did meet up with in-laws and a few others. Also Biggs girlfriend had just finished eating by herself. We invited her to eat or sit but I think she wanted to see how he was doing. I guess my brother was rather drunk the night before. So we ate and decided to see the hacienda again, Show, mother in law, wife and me. The best part was as we were leaving the Frenchmans family showed up, his daughter grabbed my wife and told her daddy was really sick......

So I got my hat! It is plastic I realized after but I got a tan fedora for Mexico. Memories all ready slipping but I think we bought tequila at the same time for house sitter and I remembered to get matches for the cigars I already bought. The funny thing is when you are travelling with all your friends and family you don't really feel the need to buy things to bring back. Usually I spend my $$ on things like pipes and liquor for friends. I mean I barely bought anything this time and I think the only thing wife bought was a skirt. We did spend money on pictures and such though.

The big thing was a "meeting" At the reception the night before one of the workers said we were required at a meeting the next day. My wife had been worried, did we do something wrong? Were they going to bill us more. I can say I wasn't too worried, a bit if I am honest but not much we didn't do anything bad. I was right, they gave us a present! Some wedding dolls and some tequila. Gave us back our CD and cake topper, filled out comment cards. So we could breath easier after that!

Anyways it was the only day we were there that wasn't that nice. I guess we got lucky in that part, almost all good weather. It was windy and grey. A few texts and I found most of my friends were finally up and at the beach. So that was kind of a chill afternoon. Candy, is hooked on Coco Bongo. Google it if you don't know what it is. He really wanted to get people to go that night. I wasn't into it but he worked on getting my parents and brother and his gf to go. In the end my family said no but a few people went. We will get to that..... Here is my thing, I don't overly like bars. Never have, not here, not anywhere, unless I am super plastered! I like a small pub, with a pool table. A back yard fire, something small an quiet, that's just me. Plus my only experience in Mexico was we went to a bar one night, paid the "cover" for our wrist bands and ended up paying for drinks all night anyways. SO I am bitter on Mexican bars. But that is a side rant.

My wife left to get her hair and make up done one more time. We had a trash the dress photo shoot that night. I went to the room, showered and all that jazz. Then I wandered waiting for her to be done. Another wedding was going on, shitty for them the wind. They moved off the beach and by a pool. Made me happy that we got lucky and though it was windy it wasn't as bad. Her hair ran late and we were late to meet the photographer but she didn't seem to mind, the photographer I mean. We were worried about being late. She is super chill and brave. Taking her nice camera into the ocean and snapping pics of us! I am going to say this, don't be an asshole when people are taking pics. Yes I get it we don't have rights over the ocean but as we are snapping pics this one guy keeps swimming by. Really dude?! Really?! There is nowhere else you can swim?? After that we had another shower as my parents wanted to go out for dinner.

We met in the theater lounge. Had a couple drinks and a visit. It was nice to have a chat, with all the running around we had been doing. Crappy thing was they had to leave the next day. They had flown in much earlier. We had a dinner, in the buffet again. It was nice, but here is where things start to get shitty. People leaving... Trips like this are awesome, everywhere you go you run into people you want to see. The flipside is time management, how do you see 40 people? But of course it has to end. Sadly my family was the first leaving. After we walked back to rooms, it was the hugs and good byes.....It is sad when people start to leave. I need to say once more a big thanks to all my family and friends that could make it. With what has happened in my life over the last 3 months, it was just awesome to feel loved and supported. I can’t imagine beefing with family. I mean actual beef. Everyone is gonna have spats and family should tell you the truth about things but I can’t imagine actually disliking a relative to the point I wouldn’t hug them at an event like this. There was a couple brothers there who both came single and wouldn’t share a room. I can’t imagine going away with my brothers and not sharing a room with one of them.

Candy did get his way, him, Mandy, KT and Cook took cousin Show to Coco Bongo. From what I hear it was a pretty good night. Gotta say impressed Show was able to get up and go snorkeling the next day at 7. But she is still in her early 20s, pretty sure that helps!

The next morning was an early start. Our trip to Xel-Ha! It was supposed to be a bunch of us but a few people changed their minds, in the end it was still 15 though so that was cool. If your going to Mexico I would say hit at least one of the parks. Xplor we did last time, it is a total adventure park. This one is a mix. There is family stuff to do and other stuff. Like I zip lined and cliff jumped. There are cenotes, mantes, stingrays, power boating among other things. The lazy river looks cool but if you want to get a full day in that will eat up a big chunk of it. A huge trail through the jungle, make sure to bring a camera cause it is amazing! Our tour person said don't and I am still bummed about it!! So many awesome pics to take. For sure pay the extra and swim with the dolphins.


I need a quick dolphin rant. People at the park were complaining about the dolphins being captive and people didn’t like pics I posted, let me break it down. They live better here. They have no predators here, they are well fed and cared for. They are still in ocean water. This is actually a sanctuary where they are hoping to breed some and take in injured dolphins from the ocean. So whatever it is you might think, your wrong. They seem pretty happy and well cared for

Now something to keep in mind, they are trying to make money. Here at least a bunch of the other activities are pay. So either make sure to bring extra cash or be warned you might not get some of the other things you want. For example, the zip bikes looked cool but again more $$$. The photo pass is cool BUT keep in mind again it is money. If you pay for 1 person, yourself then you can only buy the pics with you in it. If for example you get a pic with a friend then they are going to bill for 2 photo passes. We had a pic with a few cousin, that should have been cool BUT they wanted to pay for 7 people which is $100 more so sadly that fell apart. Also the food and booze is free so have a meal and a drink or 2. I recommend the bar by the ship!! IN a small world twist we started talking to a German couple who actually lived in the town my wife had been an exchange student. By the end of the day we were invited to Germany! They were also super people who emailed me a couple videos from the dolphin tank.

After a shower, we went to the buffet yet again. This time we were having dinner with the inlaws. Plus Show and her father and another cousin. It was a quiet night, my guess moving all day in the sun but I was bagged.

Again a day started at the buffet. This time I think it as MOH and her husband we ate with. Well we ate and they came in after. We sat with them as they ate. We had to kill time, I guess meetings never stop. Now we had to review photos...They are smart or at least tricky! So we go to the place. They sit you down, dim the lights and start a slide show with romantic music, so yes we caved and bought the pics. Here is the thing, they are really good actually. Much better than we expected.

Then we visited the Frenchmans room. Sadly they were leaving this day. So was Cook and KT. We kinda said good byes again that's the worst part of a trip. Now Amazing had a good idea, I guess she got it from Mandy. They left some kids clothes. In fact I think most of them for Mexican children. By the time their kids are big enough to wear summer clothes these things would be too small. KT gave me Mexican Gatorade which actually isn't bad and I could probably use after a week of sun and mostly booze and coffee. Then we were off to the hacienda, one last time. I needed Advil. Funny thing, they know Advil is ibuprofen but they just sell generic version. So I have some Mexican Advil, seems to work for me.....

When we got back I messaged a few people to meet at the beach by our room, and so the beach walk day began. Mandy, Candy, MOH, her husband, BM1 and Show were all there. We began walking with MOH and her husband. They brought they cups we had given as favours for drinks and we filled them a couple times at bars. Somehow this led in the afternoon, to getting temporary tattoos. I got a wolf and the wife got pawprint. I think that's cool, don't judge me! I was unaware my phone died. It is crazy now that resorts have WiFi how much good a phone does. If you can use Imessage! So people get on Iphones!!! Dinner was snacks at the 24 hour snack bar. Then we went back to the room, to pack somethings as tomorrow sadly was the last day with people. I was going to rest my eyes for a moment, then it was the next morning. I don't want to say it was the cup refills on the beach but it might have been. 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo