Skip to main content

The Alberta Budget. OR Why the world isnt ending!

All right I am a month? and a half behind. As per normal.... But the Alberta provincial budget dropped. Enough with the whining!! Please my ears are starting to bleed! I wanna take a few minutes to rant about it but before that lets just look at what led to this budget.

It is what 40 years now PC has been the "party" in Alberta. Jimmy might have set people off saying look in the mirror but people LOOK IN THE MIRROR. If you vote the same party in for 40 years what are you expecting??? But I guess we can blame lack of options. Do the Liberals even have a party?? NDP nah NDPlease! lol. Ya no that is awful but my greatest fear is these guys get voted in. Not based on their ideals cause I do like them. The problem is for every good idea they come up with, they don't have a way to make it work while cutting back on our main industries... Then the one party that seemed like a real threat turned out to be turn coats who joined the PC. So ya I think it is good we didn't vote in power hungry Nazis... And green party??? Is that still a thing? Maybe it is apathy but if we keep voting in PC what do you expect and really sadly is there a better option?

Next is the cheque to cheque livers! Let me give you a back story. I may be handsome and brilliant but when it comes to money I am kinda dumb. I moved out, i got a FEW credit cards and I might have racked them up. I may have lived beyond my means for a few years cause FREE MONEY! Oh wait you have to pay Best Buy, Sears, Mastercard, Visa, Zellers and so on back... When the well dried up it turned out I was living cheque to cheque. And 90 percent of our province is doing that. I don't care if you make 100 grand and have all the fancy toys in the world. IF you NEED your next cheque to live your really no better than a minimum wager. I mean your more comfortable but next week the bank is calling so in the end are you better off? Now when times are starting to get tough we want to blame the government for our over spending lifestyles? While I do know how much it sucks, some of it is self inflicted. I cant stand the whining, I learned to deal with it as a whole I think we can all do it.

But on to the budget.... Tax hikes on bullshit items. I have a Vodka in my hand right now. It is tasty. AND it cost me 16 cents more than a few weeks ago. SO a flat of beer is 90 cents more. Bottles are 16 cents more. WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!!! We in Alberta like to drink.... I was proud in Mazatlan when the U of A won some drinking contest. And if the budget is asking for less than a dollar more what is the big deal? All the same for smokes. My thought is if you cant afford this tiny increase maybe you should give up those vices...

NEXT health care premiums. We used to pay them. The gravy train came by and we stopped. It left (the gravy train) and they want it back. IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE STOPPED!!!! What we forget in Alberta is how good we do have it? 0 PST or HST. 0 premiums, Nothing is free but we want it free. Same as Ralph Bucks. These were great but short sighted ideas. My hope is that our government now has the smarts to prep for the future.

Taxes. Corporate taxes. Here is the thing, you can paint it anyway you want and it might not seem fair but any good business person knows you don't increase taxes on companies when they slow down. For some of the little guys this would be back breaking. Companies just scrapping by will fold. Then were do these people go to work? No one is hiring. On top of that the companies that can weather the storm will. By cutting back all they can. More jobs lost.... People are going to paint this as PC helping out big business. It is, lets not lie about it but it doesn't just benefit them it is for all of us.

I am so far behind on this one, I am not even going to carry on with it. I will have an election blog out before the damn election. So that gives me 3 days... The budget was harsh and I do understand the anger it caused when we were supposed to be so rich. PC mismanagement did cause this all but the budget isn't really the problem. It is a smart budget. My only desire is when the gravy train flows again whoever is in power is smart enough to manage it better....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo