Skip to main content

How to end a Die-nasty

I don't even know were to start. The PC was "The Party" in Alberta. As close to a true Dynasty in the modern democratic world as there ever has been. And they were lucky enough to b in control of one of the richest provinces around. Some how they blew it! Not even blew it they imploded. From an uncontested ruling party to a group that all together couldn't vote down anything, even with the help of every other party. How did they get there?? And what is in store for this great land of Alberta.

First off, poor leadership choices. King Ralph was one of the most loved leaders this province has ever known. He was an every man. Not a party made John Everyman but a real down to earth hard drinking Albertan. Hell in an infamous picture he is drinking with the Hells Angels. In another one he is giving the "bird" to someone, I assume a journalist.  But he knew when his run was done and stepped down. They replaced him with a farmer. Seriously?? Nothing against you farmers but you cant replace King Ralph with white bread. But even old Steady Eddy wasn't bad. Sure the people didn't really get behind him but he didn't break the party down. He did have a rather large chunk of support, in the house. Then came the beginning of the end. I cant explain the logic of voting her in. Time to put on our tinfoil hats but here goes. The PC for the first time in ALONG time felt fear. A similar party was rising with a woman at the helm. The ole boy club got worried and found a patsy! Look at us we are more progressive we have a female leader keep us in power!! It worked. They got another majority. Then she was let lose to PC entitlement. Sky Palaces, airplane fleets and on and on.... How fast was the found out?? And then like rats on a sinking ship how fast did they abandon her? Either she was a total idiot or a fall guy. My guess is she wasn't an idiot. Et tu entire PC party? But it wasn't just her they threw under the bus. It was the entire PC party, when they exposed not only her but the entitlement of the entire party. Either way she got used like a 5 dollar ho and booted as soon as her usefulness was over. Or that is my tinfoil hat thoughts.

 Then came the last of the Dynasty Jim "I wish I was King Ralph" Prentice. I have no background in politics and really no education other than high school but right from the get go I saw taking in the Wildrose traitors as a bad fucking idea! It wasn't some master stroke. Who trusts traitors? You find your wife banging your best friend, do you ever trust either of them again? Next we have the GSA crisis. Why bother fighting it? Gay is the new black. Now that is not entirely true, I am not saying people are doing it for attention. (Some of you are. Don't lie) What i mean is it is out there, in the open and it will not be going away anytime soon. (Read ever) Why fight it? Then he carries himself like an autocrat. Blaming the common man. Umm in a province that likes to be seen as average Joe's what the fuck are you thinking??? Look in the mirror? Redford might be a fall guy but starting to think Prentice is the idiot. On the budget I got your back! Blah blah blah piss whine and moan. It still wasn't terrible. It was prep for what might be some tight times. But then to call an election? Give it a year for fuck sakes. So many people hated that budget popularity plunges so you call an election a year early? I saw a PC minority coming with his jackassery but boy was I wrong. Hey i just kicked you in the balls wanna be friends? You could ask a 6 year old, that plan don't work. So the PARTY has alienated most of Alberta, what is everyone else up to?

The NDP had an ear to the ground. They were smart enough to know about voter apathy and they were smart enough to join this century. Do you know anyone who does not have a facebook account? Maybe not on it everyday but at least has one? Twitter less so but still a ton of accounts. Well the NDP understood social media and used it. After all the times the PCs had proved they were the "man" it became easy for the NDP to get on social media and gain all the votes against the "man"I am not gonna get into my distaste for the hipsters on twatter that voted NDP but I hand it to them. Unlike old white money that may or may not vote because it was a sure lock the NDP out played them. They got the voters out in numbers that crushed the PC.

The Wildrose divided the vote well. Not that it even mattered as together they couldn't topple the NDP in our broken system. Other than being the greedy, power hungry, more conservative little brother of the PC party I never really understood the Wildrose. But they do like to yap. Also I can safely say Danny Smith ex leader of the Wildrose did a great job destroying the PC. But again that falls on Jim for accepting them in....

So there you have it, the easiest way to bring down a dynasty. First have poor leadership. Then have the poor leaders insult the masses. Oh and be cocky and arrogant everyone likes that! I wont insult the budget but don't blame the people! Totally under estimate your opponents.And be 15 years behind on technology. I hate to say it but FB changed everything, the world will be shaped by social media. The sooner people learn that the better fighting chance they have next time.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo