Skip to main content

The Fives! or my top 5 lists.

Today we do some foam... or froth as they called it in the new TMNT movie. By the way if Micheal shoemaker hates Megan fox how did she land the April role? AND Joseph Gordon Levitt I see what you did there good job on making your first movie and making it about having sex with Scarlett! Anyways just some random top fives from my life!

Hockey teams
1 - Detroit Red wings. Love or hate them they are winners
2 - Washington Caps. Ya it started as an Ovi fixation
3 - L.A Kings. I as there when you won your first cup,
4 - San Jose. Your like the Dany Heatly of teams, vanish in the playoffs.
5 - Edmonton Oilers. Ya Ya gotta root for the home team

Movies / Series
1 - The Dark Knight. Damn Nolan makes good shit and brokeback Joker wow!
2 - The Departed / The Town / Gangs of NY. Are they at all connected dunno but love em.
3 - LOTR and the Hobbit. Sorry Star Wars fans this is just way more epic and better acting
4 - Forrest Gump - The is a reason it won so much and is still on TV regularly
5 - The whole Marvel reboot. Avengers, Xmen, Iron Man... And the rest

Actors
1 - Johnny Depp. This needs no explanation
2 - Heath Ledger. Name a bad movie he was in. Try it.
3 - Leo D. Same as Heath. But will he ever win an Oscar?
4 - Tom Hanks. What is the male version of Americas Sweetheart??
5 - Robert Downey Jr. He is Tony Stark. He is Sherlock give the man a real role!

Albums
1 - The Slim Shady LP. I am not from the ghetto not poor but never heard a CD like that before.
2 - Broke - Hed P.E - Before the music became about conspiracies and minor girls.
3 - Appetite for Destruction - GNR - Wanna get pumped for something? Blare this!
4 - Johnny Cash - Dunno which it was but the album with the Hurt cover wow.
5 - Tupac - Double disc greatest hits - Amazing that is all

TV Shows
1 - Sons Of Anarchy. Samcro was amazing, the acting, the writing even finale wasn't bad.
2 - Simpsons. Ya it has lost something but it is a classic. Sorry Family guy.
3 - The Shield. Vic Mackey and Co. really started gritty TV drama.
4 - Lost. Sometimes I think the writers were Lost and the ending was awful but wow good TV
5 - SNL. The classic. How many great comedians have graduated from here!
This was a hard one so many great shows Sopranos, Bones, Family guy, Breaking Bad, Once, Shameless, Boardwalk Empire... And ya The O.C

Video Games
1 - GTA 4 / San Adreas. Its cheating but these two games rep the series. They had amazing plots!
2 - Final Fantasy 2/3. Shit graphics but great stories. How many of these are there now.
3 - Legend of Zelda Super NES version. Had it been made now mind equals blown
4 - The entire EA NHL series. Maybe made in Mexico but they mastered Hockey
5 - Arkham. Asylum is the best but City was great origins good hoping Knight is amazing.

Books
1 - Agent Pendergast books. The series is awesome. He became my favorite literary character.
2 - The Bones books. It doest match up to TV but it is still great
3 - The Beligrad and Mallorean. Fantasy done write!
4 - Harry Freakin Potter. Really do you need a reason for this series to be here. Even with a letdown end
5 - Neil Gaiman. What a storyteller all his shit is awesome

Women (This list is based solely on looks. Not talent just pure hotness.)
1 - Scarlett Jo. Nuff said.
2 - Brooklyn Decker
3 - Kate Upton
4 - Avril Lavinge. Dunno why but she does it.
5 - Megan Fox.

Villains
1 - The Joker. Mr. J. Is it wrong my hero is a villain?
2 - Magneto. As good as the X men are you need a villain to make the story. A tortured soul.
3 - Apocalypse. Cannot wait for the Next X-men.
4 - Hannibal Lecter. Be it in the books or the amazing Movie performance freaky..
5 - The only real person on this list. Charles "Lucky" Luciano. Mastermind of American crime.

Vacations
1 - Victoria BC. The city has it all. History, harbours, bars, restaurants, ghosts.....
2 - Mexico. Only to Mazatlan and Mayan have I been but I could go every year!
3 - L.A. Seeing all the attractions this city offers could take months. Oh and its hot.
4 - Vegas. Went as a family and didn't even do all the adult fun but it was great!
5 - Fernie / Panorama. Ski weekends are amazing, long as its decent weather.

That's it, that's all! I know I missed a ton but that's what I am feeling today. I am sure I will have more lists later on.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo