Skip to main content

Police, Comics and taxes!

I was reading a thread on Twitter again that got me scratching my head. About the Edmonton city police. Let me say I have no feelings on cops good or bad, really they are a none issue to me. Growing up in GP we only had the RCMP and they were great. Reasonable and fair. Ill say it I like the RCMP. Then I moved to Edmonton and a couple times I have been rather angry with the EPS. Like when I called in a stolen car and nothing was ever done. Or when two big cops used a friends head to open Essies bar door. She was just a tiny little woman BTW. But living and working in Ingewood, Queen Mary and Central McDougall I have seen really good cops to. So to me I guess it is like anything you can have good and you can have bad. Plus I will freely admit I "banged" Fuck the Police. I was one of them whit kids who thought Ice Cube was bad ass and it made suburban whites feel tough. It was years later I learned the actual reason for the song and still respect it.

Anyways the whole thing was this thread. (Rabble rouser is a fun word) A Local Rabble Rouser saw police detaining a man I believe on Jasper Ave after 1 AM some morning. So he felt the need to film it. I get it, you see a Rodney King style "arrest" ya might be time to whip out the Iphone. If a cop is doing his job, then you are just being an asshole. Here is the thing, I wouldn't wanna be a cop. I don't want to deal with all the shit they have to. Domestic violence, child abuse, plain old asshats on the road, drunks at night or hell in the day even just to name a few. So you're going to harass a cop on duty and expect he is happy about it? I have nowhere near that stress and I would snap if someone followed me around at my job taping. SO ya the cop aggressively thanks him. I get it the cop was gruff, I also get it you're harassing him. They say bad cops fuck it up for the good cops, well ditto for civilians. You harass a decent cop long enough he is gonna get angry.  SO ya that annoyed me, let them do their fucking jobs.

The worst part to me though, is ole rabble rouser. He is a known rabble rouser, angry that we still have a picture hanging of an old mayor who was friends with the KKK. SUCK IT UP!!! This was in the past. Far as I can tell Donny I. mayor of Etown is a pretty decent dude. King Ralph was an ass to and his portrait still hangs. So fucking sick of people crying about the past. Learn from it, share it so others learn. Get upset and want things changed is as stupid as the Confederate statue issue in the states. You can only learn from the past not change it, ya ain't Doc Brown. Anyways that is a side rant, rabble rouser taped the cop. Not the original detaining, but taped the cop aggressively thanking him for filming him. And brought it to the police. Complaining the cop was mean to him and something should be done. Said rouser was involved in an awful incident a while ago where most white Albertans should have felt collective shame when it made national news that rouser was attacked with racial slurs. So what really should have been a nothing, is now action against a cop or a race card would have been played. He was a aggressive cause I am not white! No he was aggressive cause you're harassing him. It saddens me that this is what the world has become. Where people hassling cops is fine and in fact the cop will be the one punished if they react.

So ya there is my rant on that!

Been a slow week wen I ain't got much to bitch about. New Avengers trailer gave me chills or a nerd boner. It looks so good, here are my predictions. A big death, maybe two. My money is Cpt. American, Thor or Bucky for sure is one of them. I don't see Thanos dead or gone. Just defeated for awhile. My fear is A) It is going to jump around to a thousand different stories and 3 hours isn't enough time. That it should be 2 or 3 movies long. OR B) as awesome as the trailers are it is like Justice League or Ultron and doesn't live up to what I picture. Justice League came out. What can I say about it. Not as good as I wanted, I dunno maybe I am to harsh on DC but seriously they don't have movies down like Marvel. So predictable, Steppanwolf is about to win but Sups gets his mind back and BOOM they win! Benny is a great OLD Batman, but I would never want him to do an origin story. Same as Leto is a great Joker IF Harley is around. He would have been awful in the Dark Knight. Sups is awesome, I never liked him until this new round of DC movies. Wonder Woman is bad ass, I didn't care about her until these movies but she is awesome. Her standalone movie was great and the actual story of her creator was interesting. Flash again don't really care about but was great in that movie. I like any comic relief and he delivered it well. Cyborg still totally care about, take or leave.... Jason M made aqua man tough. He didn't get as much screen as I thought they might trying to launch him but oh well. And was Ryan Reynolds not available for the lantern??? Either way even with so many good elements it just doesn't measure up.

Taxes, we all hate them. I really, really hate them and they took me on a fun adventure. See I owed some back taxes. I mean I know we all need to pay them, and like a dumbass I hadn't so I set off to get it fixed. First place I tried, Canada Place! Wait lets back track I called the CRA. I dunno who I talked to but wow it hurt. I said hey can I pay on line. I think so.... Okay how do I set it up with online banking. OH I dunno that. Okay well can I pay with a credit card? Ya I think so, okay how? I dunno.  ARGH! This is how I assume the majority of the world pays bills now a days. But I guess you cant just do it this way. So I went to Canada Place, you know the big building with CANADA on it where all the government shit is. Ya there is no tax stuff there. I guess they got threats according to the security there. FUCK, like seriously I literally just want to give you money. How can this be so hard?? I mean you would think ole JT would make it ease to pay the government back so he can give it to other countries..... But that's a side track. So I go to my bank, I mean this was my fault but common sense says I shoulda brought my SIN I didn't so I couldn't pay. Next I come back with that and I wanna just put the balance on my credit card. Nope can't do that might be a stolen card! Like REALLY!!! It is my card, I pay it weekly! I even have my photo ID but can't do that. So in the end I dip into another account to get the money. Then finally they process it and I paid my old taxes in full. I mean ya that felt good but WTF yo! How is it so hard to pay taxes????

There was a school walkout about gun violence this week. I don't agree with it. Yes maybe some of them are legit wanting to make a difference. But my bet is it is A) Sheep mentality, not really caring just doing it cause everyone is or B) A chance to get outta school. Those woulda been my reasons, if I am honest with myself. See below, it is how I really feel now.......





Wedding is coming quickly. I dunno when it hit me but within months I will be legally married. MARRIED YO! Crazy. I think I am almost fully into this adulting thing now. The scary thing is the $$$. We are going away, which while it should save some $$$ it is still costing me a buttload. Like I need to make some fast cash!! But it is kinda fun planning. I mean picking things out, planning music n shit. Not happy when the bills come.....

Welp Like I said not a lot going on this week in my life. So I am going to leave this as this. I am supposed to get some actual writing done since I have a few hours today!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo