Skip to main content

gender id and me!

I am kind of a shit disturber. I like at work to take a topic to co workers that I know aren't going to agree, drop it in a stupid statement and walk away to watch the bee hive I kicked explode. I like to do the same thing on twitter. That's kinda what I wanna rant about today, social media storms. And the most recent one I got going about "toxic masculinity"

Lets just start out with twitter in general. Common sense is totally gone there. There is simply no middle ground anymore. If you comment anything people instantly divide you into altright or a leftie. For example I disagreed with Jenna Jameson and all of a sudden I am just some crazy left wing liberal. Next day I say there is nothing wrong with men dressing like men and I am some altright hate mongerer.... So I am confused which am I? There is almost no common sense, it seems no one can agreed another view might have a valid point. I can (usually) agree if someone can show me something legit. Then there is the personal attacks. I have found when you prove your point and the other person has no response it becomes something more of insults than a legit conversation. I have been guilty of it. My favorite is someone like Jenna running out of legit thoughts and just saying ya well I taught your mom to suck dick. Or your dad watches me. And I freely admit once and awhile I troll. When you find complete and total shit accounts, why not?? Looking your way Ezra, Trump and so on..... But my latest one and the subject of this is toxic masculinity.

So JT has yet again become a meme and some have a pic of him in drag. Problem is it isn't him. Not that I don't agree he wants to be a celebrity and get paid to play dress up but at least keep it legit. Marni Panas (You may or may not know the name. Check Abpoli and I am sure she will pop up.) is a trans activist. I follow that account because sometimes it raises good points. Other times I shake my head. Like this fake JT pic. Disagreeing with men dressing like women is somehow wrong. To ME it really isn't. And it has nothing to do with gender or anything, it has to do with my personal taste. All I commented was what is wrong with guys dressing like guys. I have never had so many responses on twitter before. Now it is wrong to think dudes should dress like dudes? What???? Here is the thing, I don't care. Anyone can dress anyway they want, but don't expect me to take you seriously. It is tax time, if you walk into your accountants office and he is sitting in a dress be honest are you going to be as willing to give your business to him compared to the guy in the suit? Now the dress guy may be more qualified, hell he may very well be better but what is your first honest gut impression. On top of that, dress man may even be a more "manly" man (except the dress) but that isn't the impression being given. It is not wrong to do either one, it is also not toxic to not want to see dudes in drag. I don't work in a job where I get to dress in suits, so on those days Weddings, funerals, xams parties. I like wearing a suit. Just because I don't throw on a dress doesn't make me some sort of anti crossdresser (Is that a word?) It just mans I like suits. You are choosing that life and everything that comes with it. Yes you should be safe and be treated as an equal member of society but that doesn't mean I have to support it.

Fun side note as I took two days to pop out this rambling rant someone added me lists of most awful people ever and misogynistic. Between days..... wow

The long winded point I am trying to make here isn't that everything is wrong nowadays. Trump was caused by this thought that everything should change for everyone. People just got sick of being told they are wrong, backwards and bad for having values they were taught. People don't have to like gay couples. They however do have to accept they are humans and have the exact same rights. More and more the average persons rights are being pushed back to appease someone else. The fact is no, I don't agree with men in women's washrooms, even if they identify as a female. That doesn't make me bad or an altright hater.  If it is an issue, then just make single stall outhouse style bathrooms. But even that won't do for some and I ask why not? Find a common middle ground FFS. Not everything is a slap in the face to minorities! And not everything minorities ask for is wrong. The world is evolving, we can't stay in the 1950s for ever. BUT not everything from that time was bad either. There was still strong families, not raised by electronics or TV. People still had common decency. And not all change is bad, it is good to see women, gays, blacks and so on getting more rights and more fair treatment. People should have opposing views. That's kinda the whole deal with democracy. And last thought social media has become more "toxic" than good a lot of the time....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo