Skip to main content

I ain't dead!

Wow it has been a longgggg time since I blogged. I didn't realize my last one really was the end of summer rant. I have 2 half started blogs which my goal is to have finished this week and up plus I have got a ton of writing on my novel done but I should take a break and get back at this hence I ain't dead!

So whats new? Well world wide ISIS is still evil as fuck. For the second time this year terror attacks rocked Paris. The West seems to want to turn a blind eye to it but the Russian Bear Putin has struck at them. There was a carbon summit in Paris after the attacks I guess worrying about the environment is more important than defeating evil. I mean yes we need to look at that but right now maybe we should stop a war before it comes to us. I will have a big blog up about that so I am not gonna dwell on that.

Closer to home Donald Trump is making a joke of the USA. Him running for Republican candidate is reminding people of Hitler. He wants to build a wall to keep out Mexicans and have Muslims wear stars. He is saying everything a lot of people think in the back of their mind but don't want to say out loud as most people know that their own prejudices are wrong and foolish. Him winning this those would prove how dumb this world has really gotten. I wont lie, he does have a few valid points but he goes so far over that he is a fucking joke!

Speaking of jokes Justin Trudeau and the Liberal party became the Canadian government. First off he is a pseudo celebrity from a famous family, it is like voting Paris Hilton in. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he will have smart advisers. So far all he has proven is he is a coward and wants to pull us out of the fight against ISIS. I mean while deal with a real threat when we can work towards legal weed!

The election really wasn't about politics though. It became more about out with Harper. People spent more time drumming up down with Harper than anything. I have 0 proof but I would say more voters with no knowledge came out and voted because of social media than anything. SO this is all I can say the future is in Social Media and Technology. The right wing parties like the PC need to look at the NDP win in Alberta and the Liberal win in Canada. They can no longer be stogy old men, they need a few young fresh face big in the cyber world.

Getting closer to home I want to say told you so to all he dumb fucks who voted NDP. Right now Bill 6 is driving any farmers away from ever voting NDP not that they likely did so they don't care if they lose that vote. But hoping MAYBE hipters are seeing how dumb they were. Kinda doubt it though. Oil is below 40 a barrel and they are going to borrow us way back into debt. Come January I think the oil royalty review may kill our economy some more but HOPEFULLY it will be the killing stroke for this failed experiment of a government. Flip side of that shake your heads you dumb fucks putting out death threats online. First off quit being telephone tough guys and second you just make every right wing voter look dumb driving votes back to the NDP.

Finally at home I got engaged! That's pretty big personal news. It is a pretty ring and having couple pics done today. Wonder about that as it looks cold outside! I hate cold. Also a plan to go back to Disney next year, I love that place. However I am scared one day that company may own the world.

Work is steady not busy busy which sucks. Could always use more money. The company I work for is going corporate, by that I mean new VP's, new policies and coming next year an overhaul. Should be interesting, losing the family feel and becoming more cold. Makes me wonder about my future and the carrot they have been dangling. Think I need to read some Art of War and The Prince before next year.

Doing Xmas at our house this year. Making the inlaws deep fried turkey for the first time. They are picky so HOPING they don't mind it! Done my shopping mostly, now like going to the mall just to people watch.

I have got a bunch of writing done, which is awesome. My mind wanders to other stories which is a problem. With my 11 days off at Xmas I wanna get a bunch more done. Need to get back into hockey or something growing a Buddha belly. Connor McJesus was injured really screwing up his rookie year. HOWEVER the Oilers are 1 point out of playoffs in December this might be an xmas miracle. Winter has been crazy weak, like we shoveled twice so far which is a big change in Edmonton.

I am sure there is a bunch I am missing but that's the biggest things I think I have had going on so PEACE!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo