Skip to main content

Why Jimmy is the King of Alberta

Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Jim Prentice. Brilliant politicians. This isn't a hero worship article about Jimmy. But my hat is off to him. 2 years ago he was a minor blip. Now he is the leader of the party in control of the wealthiest province in Canada. On top of that, it is sounding like he is about to drive a dagger into the heart of all opposition and guarantee 4 uncontested years. Part of me is thinking he is sitting somewhere at this second drinking Ace with a crown on his head saying kiss the ring bitch.

How did he get here? I dunno but was Jimmy a schemer or how did he end up on top? First off I won't use the term PC cause really Alberta is a one party state. How many years have they had control??Exactly, so ya really they are the party. What 3 years ago it was when it looked like the party might fall? Danni girl was making a run. But the party came from nowhere and squashed all opposition. Danni made a small dent but Alice was the queen and all was right in Alberta, were was Jimmy?

Fun scene just cause the names work out but.... Jimmy the brain is smoking a cohiba. Danni "sweet gonch" (Gonch - tighty whiteys or in the 21st century a thong on a woman) sit at a small table in a dirty restaurant on 107ave in Edmonton. "So Danni ready to lead that fake awful party for a few years? Scoop up the Albertans who are tired of the old boys club?"  "Ya Jimmy I am but do you think Alice Fallguy is really that naive?" "Oh yes, we have a patsy. Right now she thinks she as her own personnel airplane and that she should build a sky palace! But sweet gonch are you ready to sell what little integrity you have when the time is right?" "Oh Jimmy I will do anything. I mean ANYTHING if you promise me power."

Lets put on our tinfoil hats now and buckle in cause things are about to get crazy. Alice in record time is disgraced and shunned right out. Even though the party did need her to retain power. I mean I think had farmer Ed run against Danni the Wildrose would maybe have taken a huge chunk. Anyways some how Alice is gone and Jimmy has a clear shot at the throne. BAM!!! From outta nowhere Jim is now the undisputed king. Did the party ever really want Alice or did they just need her and toss her when her work was done? Like a wedding dress or a Trojan... Now the party can go back to a strong male leader! Next Jimmy convinces Danni, "hey sugar tits come work for me". No offense to any strippers who are known as sugar tits. And bring your sister... Or maybe he said party members I dunno. Either way success! Jimmy now has in all reality 0 opposition. And in a few short years Jimmy somehow becomes da king.

All joking aside it is a stroke of sheer genius. I know it has a ton of people up in arms right now but politically Jim calling an election is so smart. Machiavelli in his grave is giving a thumbs up. Though yes it is early, it is well within his rights as leader. He has no opponents now so why not? Smart politics say don't let your enemies gain strength. Secure your position. Sun Tzu is smiling! Call it sleazy, it is BUT it is smart. His opponents know it. I mean they can mud sling that this isn't the time or call names or even insult the fact he bought a new car. That fact is they see it and know it. Jimmy played the game and won. Some how in a few short years Jimmy has out politicked a lot of people. And the world is handing him a chance, oil. We are about to go tits up! Soon according to all news we will all be paupers. So really, best of all is the coming crash! Everyone in Alberta is shitting their pants over oil and the crash. So now if Jimmy can keep us afloat for a few years he is going to come out golden. Maybe not King Ralph golden but golden none the less. And now he is taking a pay cut! Serious politicking!

I vote PC, oops sorry, I mean I vote the party for many different reasons. But for everyone change is good. I wouldn't want to see the party out of power. But a minority that might be a very good thing. At least 1 term seeing other views.  I very much urge some party... Not you NDP but some one to step up or Jimmy very much has a chance to set himself in stone as one of the best leaders this province has had just by smart politicking...

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo