Skip to main content

T.V Review 2014.....

So 2014 is over, I guess now is as good a time as any to put out there what I liked in T.V this year. First off it was sad to see Sons leave TV. From the first season, when I bought a reaper crew hat and was almost in a fight in a bar over my "gang" hat to Jax driving Johns bike into a semi it was a helluva show. I do think it changed in season 4. It does become much darker and violent but i do think that was Mr. Sutters vision. It is one of the only shows I can say never had a dull season. There was more than enough prison rape though... Also first show i hate Donal in.Hoping Kurt Sutter has as much luck with his next show....

Boardwalk Empire! How did it become the final season and how did I not know it was on until the finale!! Nucky was the guy I loved to hate. Cosmic justice Jimmys kid took him out. I did also like that most of it wrapped up nice and it did stick to reality. I thought it coulda went on more but either way it was great.

True blood, about frickin time. How is sat through that shit is beyond me! But I did so i guess that does say something for the draw that show had. Thank god that mess is over!!!

New shows to watch, True detective, wow. Amazing, if they can keep up like that season this show has a future! Pretty Matthew played a great burn out. Woody was epic too. I will say it was slow at first but it did draw you in and by the end it was a nail biter.

Gang related, why was this show take off the air? The writing was great, the actors were awesome and it was set so that the next season wouldn't be so predictable. I dunno it had alot of potential and maybe shoulda been on FX...

I know it will be on season 3 this year and isn't new but VIKINGS. One word, awesome. For those who the fat king supposedly killed Ragnar (yes it is loosely based on reality) but lets hope that is many season away! Second show I hate Donal in.

Gotham! Even though I keep waiting for the Dark Knight to smash something it hasn't let me down. Gordon is awesome, although I keep seeing Ryan al a O.C days. Donal Logue is wicked!! And it is a show I don't hate him in. Fish is kind of a weak character but i assume she has something coming. Also i have always hated the Penguin and thought I would here but no, the actor is amazing!

The only other new show I watched was Chicago P.D. Take it or leave it. It is like Shield lite. Yes I likely will get caught up on it but it is far down the totem pole.

Big fails...Agents of Shield. Maybe it got better but it sure didn't catch my eye. Dracula, wtf the bad man was an environmentalist. Even though i love the actor that was kinda crap....

Quick list of shows I started but fell behind on and I did think had potential. Sleepy Hollow, Blacklist. Short list I guess.

Bones, I do love you but i think you might have had your run. Need a new villain or something. I will admit Sweets death shocked the shit outta me!

Once Upon a Time, Frozen?? Really?? Are we getting that desperate? Not that it hasn't been a good season but WTF and 3 bad witches Cruella, Ursala and Maleficent?? Are we going down the lost road to making no sense?? I think it is up to Hook and Gold to keep this show alive!!

5.0 always gonna be just fun cop show, not a big plot but once and awhile that is nice.

The Walking Dead. Kick ass! The Governor was a let down but this new season has been good. My only bitch is that the most popular person isn't even in the graphics!!

I am so far behind on Breaking bad and Shameless it is sad.....

Anyways i see i watch way to much TV! And that's all folks!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo