Skip to main content

Two Queens of Alberta Politics

When I say two queens I wish I meant to gay dudes in a slap fight like Russian hockey players. I don't, I mean the sad state our provincial government has fallen into. Lets time travel some. The "grassroots" Wildrose party looked like the might give the PC machine a run for its money. A smart younger female leader is a fresh face. A bit right wing is fine in Alberta. Some of the more extreme views can be swept under the rug right? I mean we have a lot of good ole boys in this province right. But this didn't even seem like a division of politics, it seemed personal. Wildrose didn't care if the voters didn't vote for them, just don't vote PC! It came right from the would be queens mouth. We need to clear out this old boy, 1 party mess!!! From the fire in her eyes and passion in her voice people could get behind the would be queen! I think would be queen Danni was imagining her first command from the throne of Alberta when election day started. I don't know if the voters saw the hunger in her eyes and voted PC or if really, this is Alberta and that's the way things go. But Danni got a whooping. The PC new rising star Redford was shoved onto the Throne. A new queen! Very similar to Danni but with the PC stamp. PS I know Alberta has no throne, except maybe whatever chair King Ralph sat on. Anyways things don't go smooth. Out to lunch expenses, sky palaces what madness is this?!? One cant turn on the morning news without hearing some new mistake the queen made. At first the party has her back. But it doesn't take long before the rats flee a sinking ship. But not only flee, they light the ship on fire and a sad short chapter in the history of Alberta is over. So queen Allys short time on the throne is over. I will not say she was a good leader, but we will never know. She never got a chance, PC used her face to rival Danni girl and once her usefulness was over they drove a knife in the back of the queen. Eh too Jim??? Get it? Well never mind it you don't. Hold on to you tinfoil hats here but was this a plot by the party? I mean PC used a new fresh face then got rid of it ASAP so that another middle aged white man could step up. Did she not have advisers to keep her in check or did she get played... And if we are digging that hard into her why not into all the parties and players?? Anyways the queen is for all intents and purposes is dead.

The Wildrose doesn't stop though. They continue to assault the PC every chance they get. Queen Danni still knows the PC are the devil and calls them on it. Then something so crazy happens I wanna call William Shatners weird or what? Queen Danni crosses the floor. Joins the most hated of enemies and sells all respect down the drain. This is like Peter Pan joining Hook. Kirk asking Kahn to be his number 2. (not poop) Or Gretzky going to Calgary instead of L.A all those years ago! Like how did this happen?? Easy same as i have always said. Power hungry! And should never EVER be aloud to lead this province. She had to downgrade to Princess status, I mean right now she isn't queen but i would assume that is the long term goal. In reality it is sickening. Does Danni actually stand for anything or is she simply wanting power? I hope that the voters in Alberta remember this next election. And I hate to break it to the Wildrose but your day is done. While Alberta does need a viable option it isn't you. And while I do vote PC i would very much like to see them hold a minority next election and MAYBE we can see some change in the stagnant swamp that our provincial politics have become......

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo