Skip to main content

Ab votes 2023

Honestly just a rant, while I am currently in a "professional" writing course I know this blog ain't that, just some thoughts, feelings, observations on the vote a couple nights ago.

I should probably just stay off social media with #Abpoli threads for the next couple days. The election is over and if I thought social media was bad before it has just gotten worse. I am not sure who takes loss worse the MAGAts down in the states when Prez Bone Spurs was ejected OR NDP supporters. Thousands of posts, Albertans are all redneck racist homophobic bigots! The crazy part is how many are from people not even in ALBERTA! The thing is I am not even a big UCP guy. Many times I have blogged about Dani Smith and maybe how I don't trust her at all but when you come at my home, of course I am going to say shit back. So it is probably best I just ignore that for a day or 2. So far my favorite was a person saying all Alberta is uneducated white extreamists. Someone who doesn't even spell check calling Alberta uneducated....

SO my take aways from this are....We area two party state. 87 seats and only 2 parties got any?? In my perfect world the NDP get 39 the UCP get 39 and 10 random seats go to who the fuck ever!! Force these clowns (Both parties) to actually work together for the good of Alberta. I have already written how I don't like majorities so I wont get into that but now we did basically give the UCP unchecked power for 4 years. What's wrong with that????

Well the left wanted to tell everyone Take Back Alberta runs the UCP. No, they really don't HOWEVER the UCP is leaning very hard into further right politics. Even I have to say they are a couple steps close to too far.... Sometimes though people do need someone to put a foot down and say "No that's stupid and I don't care that it hurts your feels" The right will do that and that is a good thing for them. The world should not be run by whoever cries the loudest. My fear is like trumptards this will embolden people thinking they have more support in there far right views than they do. While I am right of centre and should just admit it inside of saying centre there is value in the lefts social ideas. I just fear that UCP winning will make further right people feel they have more support than they do. There is a line as to how right I and most people can go..... Without a doubt there are people in 'Berta crossed that line and I would hate for them to think this win means they have support they don't.

Next you have my old fears of Dani. They day she crossed the floor is the day I quit trusting her. Anyone that hungry for power might not be what you want leading. Yes she has said some really dumb shit, she has also said things I have heard many people say in private but then pretend to be righteous afterward and not believe in. So overall mixed reviews, she won't bend to overly woke BS but will she support to far right if that's her base and keeps her in power??What I am saying is the leader is an issue, can we trust her??? On one hand she is just an honest Albertan on the other see clearly craves power. 

Also NDP can we now stop with the fable she is unelected. It wasn't true before and clearly not anymore.

The NDP can take some solace in the fact this was tight. They are the biggest opposition party ever. They gained a lot of ground but couldn't get it finished. Here is the thing, the NDP wastes time in Edmonton. Unless you really fuck up you got this town locked down. Calgary is a battle ground that they won but failed in the rural areas. If you can win in Calgary there is hope for other areas. 2 reasons; history, some people will never vote NDP for no real reason and I don't know how to combat that. 2) No fucking attempt. They will go on and on for hours about healthcare and education which should matter to rural areas but maybe expand! If farmers, O&G employees basically any blue collar worker or anyone who wasn't in one of those first two unions felt heard it would really help. My entire work life and family life is with blue collar people. The fact was there was a lot of wavering. People maybe didn't fully support Dani and UCP but felt completely ignored by NDP so guess where their votes go. Also a plan..... I heard a crap ton of promises from the NDP, with no way to pay for them and a ton of attacks. I am pretty sure they had an ad of Dani kicking a puppy then eating a baby but someone with common sense stopped that one. Sadly all the UCP had to do was say A) we aren't the NDP and B) don't let Dani talk too much. I am not sure but if existing is pretty much all you have to do to win, it can't be too hard to win. SO what can the NDP take from that? You have a rabid and strong base, maybe appeal to the other half of Alberta. That's not slagging the NDP that's facts. The honest truth was I did think the NDP could have won this one, the next morning when I woke up I wanted to see who won because I didn't believe anyone was a sure win. The fact is if the rabid NDP supporters are right and UCP runs the province into the ground, the next election could very well go NDP. 

I was about to hit publish and then.....

SO 2 days in and this is what I mean.... NDP could easily win the next election. The Council of the Defeated. wtf Dani? If the UCP wants to form their own committee on this sure. I don't really think it should be a government thing though. HOWEVER most the info I have seen is online so I have to wonder how much is fact and how much is fear mongering. I 100% think the UCP needs something in Edmonton. Dani tried to buy vote sin Calgary with an arena, I am sure she knows her and the UCP are not liked in YEG so they need to find a way to work here. Edmonton is still the capital and still the second biggest city in the province. I am very certain a group of defeated MLAs some with shit storms around them isn't the way to work with Edmonton or win the hearts and minds..... So ya this is either a prime example of why majorities are terrible governments, funding a council of losing MLAs OR if it is just an in house thing for the UCP I guess its alright I mean they do need to figure out something for Edmonton. 


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo