Skip to main content

Dogs!

A lot of my blogs have been angry recently. SO here is just some fluff on my boys, my dogs. I think I did one like this before but they make me happy and I kinda want that these days!!

"Dogs lives are to short. That's their only fault really." Anges Turnbull


The world cannot say enough good about dogs. There is no living being more loyal, faithful and just happy to see their human than a dog. I heard it before "Lock your wife and dog in the truck for an hour, when you open it who is happy to see you?" Pretty sure you know the answer. A dog has nothing but love even people who are cruel to their dogs, for some reason that dog comes back. Hell I believe they are just good creatures. Even the "Bad or Scary" ones. You can raise any dog to be a good dog if you put the time in and if a dog is bad it usually falls right on the owner. Don't get me wrong, I like cats. For a large portion of my life, up until I was like 30 we usually had a cat. They are great to but too much attitude! A cat will cuddle when it wants. If your sad or sick usually a dog picks up on that and comes to you, a cat they might or like one time when I had stitches, you might wake up to the cat trying to eat your flesh.... I have had dogs all my life pretty well and none have tried to eat my flesh.... So anyways here is an entry that is feel good and just happy about mans / my bestfriends. 

"You can usually tell if a man is good if he has a dog who loves him"  W. Bruce Cameron

My wife and I got our first dog when we moved into our first house together. She had, had a dog all her life and when we moved out she was missing one. So her and her father found a breeder and looked at pups. The one she really wanted was already spoken for so she picked another. However a week or so later breeder called and said other people cancelled, didn't want to wait and she could have the one she wanted. It was like fate she got Kato. He was named for the villain in the first Hunger Games. On our trip home with him he vomited in my truck 7 times. She held him the whole 3 hour drive and I swear they bonded. He is "our" dog, but without a doubt he is her dog! I will admit it, we are a married couple we fight. He always sides with her. He comforts her if ANYTHING upsets her. She even has "Uppies" puts her arms down and he jumps right in to be picked up. I have never had a dog so easy to train. Well he was almost litter trained when we got him but I switched that to outside. He may have had 2 accidents when training and never did anything in the house again until he became a grumpy old man.... I have given him a million names over the years. I think everyone does with dogs for some reason. Bud bud (Not sure why I just started saying bud twice) Stinker B Binker, The Evil Professor Bark Bark, Gator and on and on. We took him to see Santa one time and he got so nervous he crapped in my trucks backseat. That was legit one of the nastiest things I have ever had to clean. I shouldn't tell the next story as it doesn't make him sound smart but he wasn't even 2 months old when we took him to meet my parents. They have floor to ceiling windows, he was stressed out and I guess didn't realize it was a window when he took a running jump headfirst into it and was confused he couldn't get out. One of his "accidents" house training was actually very funny. I got up for my morning piss, he stood looking at me peeing and then lifted his leg and started peeing on the tub right beside me peeing. Also I was peeing in the toilet, just so there is no confusion. Last sentence makes it sound like I was pissing in the tub. Guess he though if dad can its okay. I tried to teach him volleyball or "boop" as we call it. I toss a ball (one of those balloon like ones not a real hard heavy ball) he hits it with his nose over the power line or telephone line or whatever is coming into the house. All I have to do is say boop and he loses his mind wanting to go out side and play. He is a goof, he wants to go for walks but as soon as he gets about a house away he wants to turn around and come home. I honestly think it is just jealousy. His brother loves walks, so Kato wants the option to go, but the option to say nah fuck it. If I don't take him he will occasionally shit on the floor. People say a dog is just a dog but that simple act tells me there is more to it. They understand things, they have feelings. They are part of the family. When they are sick it is terrifying. Kato was just under a year old I believe when he was ripping around the house like a maniac and slammed into a wall. Like any pup he shook it off but he slowed right down. My wife said he was sick or something I said he was fine. A day later he started pooping blood so we took him to the vet emerg. They ruled out parvo, which was great because I have heard that can be fatal. In the end it was pancreatitis. The vet said either he ate a lot of something he shouldn't. Which couldn't have happened because back then he was not allowed ANY people food OR something hit him. We said could it have been hitting a wall full tilt. He said yes, with meds and rest Kato was fine in a couple weeks. Later on in life as his teeth got older we decided they should be cleaned, also the vet said one was coming loose and they could fix that. I said sure and took him in. The vet gave him the sleeping med and said I could sit with him until he was asleep and ready. It made me realize the day he has to cross the rainbow bridge is gonna be a hard fucking day. He was just having a nap and I was having an hard time watching. Like his head would bob and he fought so hard to stay away.... I dunno what I will do that day, hopefully it is a long ways away. Many years ago when he and I were much younger we walked every weekend morning. The fact is that was a great time. Fresh air and time spent just thinking with a good friend, we never should have stopped that. We also used to jog. Well I would try and run but I am not in great shape he would be ahead and keep looking back wondering what was taking me so long. He still wants to when we play in the yard and chases his brother but isn't quite as fast as he used to be. I love my old boy and one final memory popped into my head. I assume it is pure accident but again when he was younger I was gaming away and kept promising in 5 minutes I would take him out. He walked over to my Xbox and simply tapped the power switch with his nose. So yes he got his walk and I guess I learned a lesson. I lost what I had spent hours trying to do.....

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"


I will never understand how people can be cruel to animals. They legit don't understand why you would be cruel. They think of you with love and don't understand how people could be mean to them. Being cruel to an animal to me is a sign there is something wrong in your head. Probably a bed wetting firestarter as well. Saying that I have 0 issues swatting my dog on the ass if he is doing something bad. Same as a bratty kid. Not to hurt mostly to shock, my dogs look at me like WTF?! but usually stop what they are doing. You can't argue or negotiate with a dog, they may understand a certain amount of words that's true but they can't be reasoned with. So I am just putting that out there for some people who maybe don't understand that swatting a dog isn't abuse. Also I guess that means within reason, yes you may have to smack a 150 lbs rottie a little harder on the ass than my 20lbs dogs, just saying even as much as my boys are my babies there is some call some times for discipline. 

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself"

The second dog, "my" dog is a covid pup. NO we aren't people that will get rid of him or anything like that when you hear about covid pups. I didn't think we needed another dog. My wife sent me 2 pics and said pick. I said no but she said she had already put money down. So I picked a terror. Have you seen the memes "dad says no to dog, then dad and dog are best friends?" Ya that's true. He is my "Lil man" Don't know why but he is my man. I have never had a dog that loves toys so much. He constantly has to have one in his mouth while he walks around the house. He too had a rough go of it. We picked him up December 23rd 2020. When we picked him up the breeder said she had dosed them all for diarehha. Which we didn't think anything of.  We showed him off of course on Xmas day as we didn't tell anyone we were getting him. It was roughly February  when his poops went to shit. They were pure liquid for a couple days, to vet emerg he went. They ran a bunch of tests and didn't find much but gave him some generic pills. They helped for a week but then it went bad again. This time we were more forceful, he needs to stay here until you know what wrong! They did tests but he didn't poop for them for a couple days when he did they say what we were talking about & found out he had giardia. Or beaver fever as it is commonly called. It was an ah-ha moment. Pups don't usually get dosed like the breeder had done, she knew they had drank from still water but we could never prove that so we let it slide. The treatment is rough though. He had to be quarantined from everyone. No toys, nothing just a cold floor. So we closed off our front entry and the poor boy was stuck there for 2 weeks. Everything seemed fine afterwards for a few weeks, then it came back again!! This time vet said it had to be aggressive. Quarantine again, this time bath after every poop, floor scrub with bleach twice a day, it was rough and this time 4 weeks. By this time it was spring BUT it worked. It has been gone for 2 years now but his guts are sensitive. He gets sensitive stomach food and probiotics. My wife had spent a lot of time working with him to walk well and sit and all the things a good dog does before his 4 weeks. That all went to shit as well. He became a terror. He loves to walk but now after being so good would jump and bark at cars and people. He would pull like mad, the fact was after a summer like that we hired a dog trainer. She came over the first night to "meet" him. They had a "staring contest" of sorts, she said she has never met or trained a dog with a stronger will. The fact was we worked with her for a few months and she even said she wishes she had saved the videos as he went from the worst dog to one of the best. Can't lie he still acts like a dick once and awhile if I don't get him out to burn off energy. We call him revenge for our other dog Kato. Kato when he was younger loved bugging my parents little dog and my inlaws old dog. Trying to get them to run and play. Now this dog Kylo constantly tries to get the "Old man" Kato to run and chase him. Stairs are his favorite game, no idea why. He will run up and down them forever barking trying to get people to pay attention that he has gone into the basement. No idea why he loves it there so much..... Honestly he makes me mental. But the fact is all it takes is hopping up on the couch beside me and I forget all that, I couldn't imagine my life without these 2 clowns.

"Dogs never lie about love"

Wouldn't it be great to read a dogs mind, or have them be able to talk? Sometimes when they just sit and stare at me I would really like to know what they are trying to say or are thinking. I have never had a dog as barky as Kylo, he constantly looks at me and barks. Like he wants to communicate but I have no idea what he is saying. We can be out walking be stops, turns looks at me and barks. I would love to know what he is trying to tell me. I conclude with dogs are better than people. They don't act out of malice, they don't hold grudges. Simply seeing their owners makes them happy. All they want is affection and time. They want to run and play and be loved. They are loyal and humans could learn a lot if we just tried to be more like them.

"The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs"

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo