Skip to main content

Small Jasper rant!

Just a quick unedited rant today as I make my breakfast and get ready to head to Jasper. Skiing tomorrow, I am not the best at it but I aint terrible. I can handle the blue runs and some easy blacks. It started last week, went with the inlaws to a family ski thing here in Edmonton. They brought their niece and it was super fun. SO the next day they went to get their skis waxed and some how the father in law bought me skis and the fiance bought me boots. Oh and the decided we are going to Jasper. I am good with that been a few years since I was at Marmot. Forecast is a cold ass day. Hope not but either way should be a good day. NOW the real thing is the difference in this trip. I used to go with friends and it was more a party than skiing. This time however it is the opposite. I doubt I will be too hungover to make it to the hill! Plus we are bringing our dog, we doesn't travel well. My truck will get at least one vomit in it. I just hope he don't howl all day in the hotel. Can't wait to go to the bear paw bakery and the fudge shop! Two must stops in Jasper. Either way wish me luck, with the hill with the dog and on and on....

I haven't ranted about peoplekind yet. I mean I will keep it short, pretty much speaks for itself. The prince in a townhall meeting asked for people to not say mankind??? WTF. First, yet again he made Canada the laughing stock of the world. Second why would you ever think of that? It WAS a joke? No I don't think it was, but now we go back and say ya it was a joke that bombed sorry.  This politically correct bullshit must end. Mankind is not anything to do with gender. Just stop. Please stop letting everything offend you. Same as all our sons command. I CANNOT believe we wasted time legally changing the words to our anthem. It has been sung for generations with pride. Even though I hate the term Snowflake, we really have become the snowflake generation bent on destroying anything that could hurt anyones feelings. What a joke.

The winter Olympics are on, can I be proud that Canada is doing so well? Or is that hurtful to other nations? Maybe soon everyone who plays will get gold in every event. Okay enough with me bitching about that correctness BS. But I am happy we are doing so well. To be honest the hockey was always my favorite and I am very dissapointed the NHL isnt playing but oh well. Watched half pipe the other day man that is awesome. Wish I could pull those moves at Jasper this weekend.

Colten Boushie verdict is a joke. Unpopular opinion, the man has a right to defend his land, family and himself. I agree with that. Too a point. This seems like it went beyond that. Colten should NOT have been where he was. It is tragic that he is dead. I don't think it is murder 1. This wasn't a planned execution HOWEVER a man is dead so it is murder. The sad fact is it should have been at least a manslaughter charge.

SO I will be honest I did not get my rant finish before we left. It is 6 AM and I am sitting in my hotel room waiting to go have breakfast and get to the hill. It is fricking cold out, will be an interesting day of skiing. Yesterday all we accomplished was lunch at Earls. A dip in the pool, see Yelp Monday for my reviews on a few things here....

So recently I have rewatched both Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice. PLus saw Wonder woman. What is DC doing wrong?? These are good movies. But they don't seem to hold a candle to most Marvel movies. Thoughts like this keep me up at night.

On that note of entertainment looks like Kim K put out new "racy" pics. Was that to try and stay relevant or is HOPEFULLY the sun is setting on that or is it that her little sisters are getting more famous than her? Also Jersey Shore is getting shown again, how the hell was this ever famous? I mean ya the rack on J woww is is great but maybe if you could mute everyone the show might be watchable.

My mom got filled in a few stories about me in highschool she didn't know. Like having to sit down to pee cause I was a bit to wasted. Or my boss getting me wasted all night so then at work at 7 the next morning he let me sleep it off hidden away in the building. Wrapped in a pizza blanket, if you know what that is. She took it pretty well, I guess she didn't know things like that were going on. I really thought she did. Also admitted last time I smoked weed we ended up shredding a meatloaf to make nachos. It was awesome. Then I slept for like 12 hours.

Let me say I think anti vaccers are stupid AF. And I would never be one but I am a big baby scared of needles. I had three last Sunday. First went fine, second I got all sweaty and wanted to vomit. I know its all in the head but wow nothing ever made me feel like that before. I just told them to get the last one done. Took that one okay. Didn't get a lollipop or super hero bandaid but I survived. I also saw the dentist ;last weekend. I deserved a lollipop! I did have red wine that night so maybe that is an adults lollipop!

Writing has been clipping along. Like I have the first half of my fantasy novel done. Problem is my spelling and grammar are terrible. I am hoping to have a friend start editing for me late this week. I have finished a few books. Then lost faith and did nothing with them. It might be my midlife but I want something I wrote published. So I dunno started looking in to agents or self publishing. Does anyone know about this? Help a brother out! Wanna know the truth? writing is easy, the story flows but developing is hard. Making all the little pieces fit together is hard and NAMES. Meaningful names are hard

Anyways 645 time for the breakfast buffet and maybe a shower before the hill......

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo