Skip to main content

Rants pt 1 2008? 2010?

Here is the disclaimer. I am not sure when I originally wrote this. My guess 2008 or 2010 somewhere in there. I found an old drive packed away in a box of books I haven't opened in years. The other stuff in the box was crap but here is the first of a few quick rants I found, there was maybe 2 edits the rest is exactly as originally written....

Rant  

Things I do not believe in. Santa, money emails, Jennas tits, she said it five foot fuck all with what cup size? and talking to shrinks.  I should start off by saying I do believe in mental health issues. I have had panic attacks, felt like I was having a heart attack. And ask TCM or Bugalow my moods can swing extremely over almost anything, mostly stupid people. I was given meds for it, I flushed them. I am guessing mine case wasn’t sever cause really sitting down and sorting my shit out and panic went away. And I do know that there are people too fucked to be in the world, that can’t help themselves. It is sad when you see them on the street. What I mean is shrinks are way too used, by people who really don’t need them. Like the guy who goes to the ER with a stubbed toe.  Ya everyone has worries and sometimes they seem overwhelming. My debt, my shitty job, my brothers health lots of things have kept me up at night. Insecuritires about my writing, hell my floor hockey or video games have kept me up. I didn’t need to go cry about it, actually buckling down and dealing with it fixed it.  Had I have taken the pills lethargy was a common side effect. Really?? You want to bring people down who are already too down?? Ever notice on commercials they often say if you feel more depressed tell your doc... Really??? Depression is a common side effect of anti depressants? I have a friend who sees a shrink, they don’t work. They are depressed and say they have no friends, no money. What does the shrink say... You can’t work it would be too stressful, really??? If they worked, they would meet people make money and likely have a happier life. But what do I know.  And what about parent issues? No one has perfect parents, I have noticed even bad parents seem to love their children though. Know what happens to people with bad parents, they become criminals. Now not all criminals have bad parents don’t miss quote. If you are in general a normal healthy person A) your parents raised you right and B) likely took care of you fed vaccinated and such. So really they are pretty decent parents. Now maybe you are needy, maybe you feel you didn’t get enough hugs. TOO FUCKING BAD. Your parents obliviously loved you, they took good care of you. Things people don’t love they don’t put time into. But what do I know I am an alky with mania...

Rules for humanity #1
A Human life is a human life as much as it pains me to say it. No matter what race, age, sex, religion anything a life is a life. Worth the same, the bible says it but that not why I believe it. I believe every human is tabula rasa. Somewere along the line lots go wrong but at one point everyone was someones little angel. Disclaimers are as follows, the moment of conception a baby is not born and it is not alive. I cannot define when exactly it. But it is not when a bunch of loose cells are floating around.  Also some lives lose value. Hitler, Paul Bernardo, John Wayne Gacy, Roy Demeo... When you devalue someone elses life your value goes down. Now the kicker is can you kill the killer and sleep at night??? (Pretty sure this was the start of a death sentence rant)

Know what song I don’t like, 1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indians, and on until it is ten little Indian boys. Who the hell wrote that a catholic priest???  Kidding, but it has to be one of the strangest songs out there. It isn’t really rascist, it doesn’t say anything bad about them. But if it was about any other minority you would never hear the end of it. You’d see marches, protests, riots.... Who else has been screwed around more than the Native Americans? Treated as equals but trade trinkets for things of value. Infected with diseases their bodies had never seen. Biological warfare like that has been outlawed. Once free to roam anywhere, then pushed into reserves. Then when we make amends it just gets worse.

I guess I grew up in what some could call a Red Neck town. But the other day someone told me that it was a hillbilly city. I found that rather offensive, so I figured I would break it down for people who are still confused about the differences between Red Necks and hillbillies (Properly pronounced HE-Bil-LY)
1 Red Necks often drive big trucks, own quads, motorbikes, boats etc and so on. Hillbillys drive trucks from 20 or 30 years ago often with mismatched coloured parts.
2 Red Necks have jobs to pay for these toys often in a labour intense. HIllbillys live off the taxes of other people.
3 Red necks own guns, for hunting, trap shooting or home protection. Hillbillys own guns for shootin at stuff after drinkin too much moonshine.
4 Red Necks will often sit with friends and stare down young suitors calling on their daughters. Ditto with Hillbillys except the young suitors are their sons, or any other male relative.
5 Red Necks own dogs often big ones, for hunting and such. Hillbillys own dogs to fight other dogs or for lonely nights when the missus isn’t home.

6 Red necks drink beer or hard liquor. Hillbillys like hooch

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo