Skip to main content

Refugees, Racism, and Politics. Oh my!

I am going to be 100% honest. My neck is pinkish..... YA pinkish, it isn't the red color everyone outside of Alberta accuses Albertans of having. But that red is there, in a very light shade. SO what I am going to write might be offensive to some. Sorry, I am simply being honest. I am simply saying what I think and what is a pale shadow of some of what I hear from people everyday.

Hockey, if you have read any of my shit, know me or follow my twitter I kinda dig hockey. IN fact there is a blog entry gawd at the start of my blog about the good it does. Couple years old now, but still true. Now some fucking SJW is brainwashing their child into not playing because it has a racist logo?!?! For Fuck sake. Do you really think at that age a child understands it? NO. The logo is a warrior. It is meant to be fierce and intimidating. Why not dwell on that? Some parent have already started brainwashing their child that everything is offensive. (Maybe it isn't the millennials, maybe it is there parents...?)  What happened to the Natives, is a great tragedy. By all means teach the child that, it is a part of history we should all know. But to attack a team sport, come the fuck on. Leave that shit out of it. Your child should be learning the value of sports. Being healthy, making friends, learning to work in a group and be a team player. They should be enjoying OUR GAME! Yes Canada's game but instead you are doing this. Just fuck off. Shouldn't have started this paragraph, now I am angry.

Mr 15 minutes of fame. He pisses me off too. Bashir Mohamed. What happened to him last summer was a joke. The guy calling him racial slurs, is the embarrassing cousin that Notley spoke of. It is guys like him who end up on national TV and the people in Toronto see it and say "Look at those hillbillies out West (Lets attack their industry and take equalization from it)" This guy frickin makes us all look bad. So then n the flip side Bashir comes off as a likable student, okay for him the world carries on. But does it?? Couple weeks ago, maybe a month I am reading he wants to bring BLM to Edmonton. Seriously? See prior blog entries on my feelings on those clowns. ON top of that he wants a mayors picture taken down?? Nope, no chance fuck off. He is using the fact we had a mayor who was racist as a reason to bring BLM here??? What it is Bashir is this, yes Edmonton had a racist mayor. Yes, there are still big time assholes here but no, no one wants a Terrorist organization made basically to divide us brought to Canada. You had 15 minutes, its up, your not Malcom X, move on. I am not sure what it is with the past and people trying to use it as an excuse now. I mean people don't like some of the things Ralph Klein did, should his pics come down?

Now don't get me wrong, the slave trade was a tragedy. The residential schools here in Canada were awful. I am thinking by third generation though we should move on. If it was your parents I get it. Even your grandparents but after that I think now we are dragging things out. I maybe proud of what my great grandfather was. I can be happy he is on the Pillar at the legislature but his actions have no bearing on me today. I won't say The world is rough on me cause people were mean to my ancestors. No the world is hard on me cause I have made bad choices.

Omar Khadr, again see an older blog entry on this but WTF. It will take the average Canadian 200 years to make the same amount our government paid him. Think that over. 200 years. Even though he fought along side our enemies we paid him 200 years worth of work. When your grumbling about Mondays and getting up. You would have to do that 104,000 weeks to make before taxes what our government paid. IF he is innocent, gitmo is a terrible place to be sent. Sadly though he was still captured with the enemy, should we just let every captured enemy free to roam Canada? But he did get to come home, live as a free Canadian. To me living a happy and free life should be enough. The bottom line is we will and can never know what was going on with him. Everyone can build theories but no one will ever know. He might be pure of heart and hated fighting against us. OR he might have been indoctrinated into hating us and laughing we gave him $10 Million. Either way the pay out was bullshit when people here are starving.

Last is Colin Kaepernick. I get it, well no I don't. I should say the man has balls. He defied a nation. Most people wouldn't do that, We might all say we would stand up for what we believe in but to actually do it is wow. The thing is I thought it was a stunt, but I have heard he has done almost the million in charity he said he would. My thoughts are this, the men he is disrespecting actually he isn't, not really. That is why they fought and died. So he would have the right to do that. I would say some might actually be proud he has the stones to defy people. To be as brave as they were to go fight. HOWEVER having said that, he could have done it once or twice and done the charity. Just cause you have the right to do something doesn't make you less of a douche for doing it.....

So does that make me a racist? Those are my honest thoughts. Here is a secret, I have heard the same thoughts from a lot of people. Everyday.

Then we start to have things like the refugee crisis. Which is getting harder to accept. AT first I said sure. We have this massive area, lets help people. I had a caveat with that. IF you are welcomed into this country, you adapt. You are free to practice what ever religion that you want. As long as it is all within Canada's laws. And NO we aren't changing for you. Sorry, you are leaving a land that is apparently terrible, so why are you bringing that with you here? We have a happy, peaceful country under our laws so keep it that way we don't change.

Global News just put out an article and I am not sure where the numbers are from BUT they make the claim 180 Canadians went to fight for ISIS. As it has collapsed supposedly 60 have come back. WHY? Why would we let them? The reality of it is they left our nation to fight against freedom and democracy, they failed and now they can just come back? You see people up in arms but Colin K kneeling and disrespecting our troops, what about these clowns? Let them stay out. If you are choosing of your own free will to be our enemy why A) Should we ever let you back in or B) Trust you in our country? Sorry you made a REALLY stupid choice.

Then what Rebel media said would happen starts. Earlier this year at West Edmonton Mall world water park a refugee assaults  6 under age girls. It very well could have been a white Canadian who had lived here his whole life but it wasn't. It was someone from a culture where women and girls are less then men.

Next it a man attacking an Edmonton city cop with a knife. Then using a a truck to try and run down pedestrians. Last I read he was booted from the States and had an ISIS flag. For some reason this wasn't a terror attack? Why? And why was he let into Canada if he was booted from our neighbor? I get it with Trump but he had been here since before then, so why no red flags???

Then we have our Canadian government. I am still shaking my head, wonder how we got this group of clowns. Seriously if you voted for them you let Canada down. This guy, our leader has said Canada has no National Identity. I guess for him that is a good thing, it can be a gateway to let other cultures make demands of ours, tell us how to live. (Even though you came here cause where you were leaving from was awful) Post modern blah blah blah. But nice socks dude and great hair. The most disturbing thing though they have done is M103. Lets start from the beginning. Iqra Khalid is almost the perfect example of Canada. She immigrated here and clearly has done great things with her life. She has become well educated and reached as high as you can in government. Until she puts out M103. See an older blog on that but this is a joke. It is trying to make it illegal to criticize Islam? Well I didn't get picked first for hockey, people called me short I want a law for discrimination or criticism of short white guys. Oh wait the Canadian Charter of Rights and our Justice System cover that already. JUST LIKE THEY DO M103. This is an over the top attack on Canada.

I was about to publish this article when another thing popped up. So in Ontario, you can rape as long as you don't  understand it is against our laws. WTF. Grade 7 in Canada we teach consent but hey he didn't know so that cool. No it isn't. The fact is our justice system just dropped the ball huge. This is opening the door for, oh sorry didn't know.... That's not cool. I thought a crime was a crime, or it used to be. I am horrified to know this is now okay, a person can say sorry not used to your laws my bad and get away with it.

SO thats it. This is what is going on, I am just an average Alberta boy and these are the things I hear. People are unhappy and rightly so. People are making mountains out of mole hills about hockey symbols. Others want to attack our history and bring divisive group into Edmonton. We have people protesting, in a way our soldiers fought for (Freedom of speech) being called disrespectful. People are coming into our country with no respect for our laws and getting off of crimes because they don't understand? They don't understand what a 5 grader is taught here? While this is going on our government is trying to pass motions to limit our free speech and pay out men who may or may not have been our enemy. On top of that you have place like Rebel Media claiming every immigrant is a terrorist. Let me flat out say that is shit. I am willing to bet for every 100 hell 1000 that come in maybe 1 or 2 will be a problem. So what do we do about it? I dunno, if you thought I had an answer you were wrong. I was simply venting some of what I feel and what I hear everyday. On this I have no answer, or smart assed remark. The Canadian Boy in me feels we should let people in. Take care of our fellow man and be the kind good people the world knows Canada is. But the common sense adult in me know Political Correctness and Social Justice some times goes to far. We have to look after Canada first and our people. I guess as long as our way of life is defended we should still help people out, its the Canadian thing to do, for now......

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo