Skip to main content

Gun Control

Same as every time some scum bag, psycho shoots up something, people are screaming for gun control. I know I am week behind on posting this but holidays with the fam gets priority and personally I find it in poor taste to try and politicize a tragedy. Nothing makes my blood boil more than the day after something like the Vegas Massacre and people are trying to use it to make a point. Have a bit O class. Help out and make sure everything is as good as it can be, then get down to the fight....

I wanna start with some basic stuff. I read there are 3 guns for every American floating around in America right now. So roughly 330 Million times 3 is 990 Million guns. That in it self is insane. Why would any nation need that many guns? To be fair I don't know if that includes services guns (Military, police) or just personal guns but wow either way, wow. The sheer number of guns available to people is mind blogging. With that many out there it is pretty easy logic some are going to fall into the wrong hands. 990 million guns.....

Now the Second Amendment is foolish. It is dated and no longer relevant. Back when written the country was young and wild. Guns were still a tool people might actually need. Also yes it gave people a sense of security that King George would not come back to try and reclaim his lost colonies. Prince Charles and William are not coming! If anything they might stop by for tea, not to invade. Harry, well if he shows up in an Apache your little rifle wont help anyways. Point being in the hundreds of years since it was written the world has changed and made it irrelevant.

I will admit handguns are cool. They feel nice in the hand and target shooting with them is amazing. The truth though, is no private citizen actually needs one. You can't hunt with one. Hand guns have 1 purpose and that is killing people. Which is sad. Maybe they should never have been allowed to be sold to citizens. But they have been and in a world driven by fear if John has a had gun for home defense, I want a hand gun for home defense. And Automatic weapons??? Won't even lie, I dearly wanna try a full auto weapon. However it is even more useless than a handgun. You can't hunt with one. I mean you can if you want to shred the target, but full auto weapons were also simply made for killing people and not a couple but a whole bunch all at once. Both handguns and full auto weapons are out there and MAYBE they never should have been  put out there, however lets not pretend we have a time machine and can go back and stop it.

I will tell you a bit about me now and why I know gun control is a joke. I have both my regular and restricted firearms license. I was 14 when I was given my first .22 On family get togethers we go out behind the house and shoot clay pigeons. Most of my life there has been guns around. My brothers, my mother and of course my father all know how to shoot. Would you like to know how many gun related crimes we have been involved in? From the first time any of us was even allowed to hold a gun, it was all about respect and safety for your fellow man and for that gun.

I stand behind the people who says guns don't commit crimes, people commit crimes. I can put a handgun on the table, hell with a full clip and it will not commit a crime. Now I put it in someones hand and who knows what it will be used for. The freak who just mowed down a cop in Edmonton, then got out and stabbed him later tried driving over more people did not have a gun. Was it the cars fault and the knives fault?? The Manchester Bombing wasn't a gun crime and well 9/11 they used knives to take over planes to kill thousands. If you wanna kill someone murder has been around since, well forever. Brutus didn't shoot Cesar. Point is if you want to make someone dead, you will find a way.

To me gun control is a band aid solution. Why is it that people are becoming more violent? Columbine marked the first "major" school shooting, but why did it happen? That fat fuck Michael Moore will say it was easy access to guns. He would spin it that way, he would harass an old man with dementia about it. Brave guy to do that, notice he didn't approach a healthy young gun owner. He is a fat fucking weasel that I would love to punch, but that is getting way off topic. Lets be honest, gun control is a newer issue. Kids in the 70, hell even the 60's and 50's had easier access to guns but they never shot schools up. People will blame anything, violent video games and rap music for glorifying it. Again that ain't true cause if every kid who bought the newest Grand Theft game and owned rap music shot things up I would be inclined to believe half the youth would be on a shooting spree. I could be wrong, but like most things this all starts at home. Parents who fail to raise children. People who let the TV raise their kids. People who create spoiled brats who flip when the world doesn't go there way. I freely admit guns kill people, when the wrong people can get them. When society cough "parents" cough fails to raise a decent human.

But I am rational. I by no means think guns should be given out wily nily (I love the phrase wily nily) I will be honest, I think the background checks could be deeper. For example, you pick who your personal reference is to sign that you are a good person and should be granted a gun license. (Like a passport) Really?!?! Like of course I am going to get someone I know likes me to sign. I am not going to get someone I think might say something bad about me to get that phone call. I freely admit I don't know the penalties and hopefully never find out in what I am about to say, but gun crimes should have extreme penalties. You commit a crime with a fire arm and A) you lose the right to ever own one again and B) Mandatory minimum sentences. Like 5 - 10 years, is that enough? Depends on the crime but that use of a firearm should add time. And I don't just mean a real gun. These clowns using realistic pellet guns, same shit. The only reason they used a fake one is they didn't have a real one. So never let them get a real one! Also quit making them! Realistic pellet guns! Why does the gun I use to chase off squirrels and birds actually need to look the exact same as a real 9MM??? Do you think it scares the birds more? A second fire arm crime and just toss the criminal away. Serious if they didn't learn from extra years time 1, why bother thinking time 2nd will work. Any gun used in a crime, simply destroy it. Once the trial is over or whatever destroy it. The last and I freely admit this will ruffle feathers but have a limit. (Sorry dad) How many guns does a person need. I could say 3 as a limits if you have a restricted license a hand gun, a shot gun and a rifle. But actual hunters will used more. Various sizes so double it? 6? maybe 8? It really is hard to say. That would take a lot of debate, which should include actual gun owners. I am not personally for it but I do see some merit in it.

Anyways gun control, ya. It is a tough one. These people crowing about the evils of guns well they likely never were around them growing up. But they can hopefully see gun control is simply a band aid to a bigger problem. (Maybe one day when I have a month off I can blog about WTF is actually wrong with the world.) Gun nuts, well they can hide behind a long obsolete amendment. There is a bunch of work that does need done but maybe for once both sides need to come together to work on it. SO really I didn't say much did I? Yes I think fire arms should be registered and controlled better. However to all these people screaming for gun control, you really don't make sense. The people who follow the laws and are normal gun owners aren't the worry. Plus with 990 million guns out there be real. They are not going away. The bottom line in my mind is it isn't right to punish the law abiding responsible gun owners because of nut job killers.....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo