Skip to main content

UCP

First off I have to say this was started oh weeks ago at least, when it was more relevant. Right now the world is centered on Manchester. (And now London) As it should be. I am going to sound a bit like the people I am going to call out but Manchester should be a call to arms. Our enemies (Yes they are our enemies, they want to kill us) are fine killing children when they are out simply enjoying life. Political Correctness can only go so long, it is time to move, like people did before in war time. They ignored and appeased Hitler, how did that turn out? Feeling sorry about people who hate our way of life and all we believe in is crazy. I am not Rebel media but they do have 1 thing right we do need to defend our existence. Oh and the gag order that is M103 is also complete idiocy, just saying. Anyways back to the regularly scheduled broadcast....

The right has risen! According to Derek Fildebrandt more than just the far right. A recent poll (Not sure who was in said poll) no party has a chance over the UCP.... Even all other parties together would crumble in the might of UCP. Now maybe with douche Trump winning, the far right (which voted PC by default as they were the most right wing) feel they run the show. For some reason angry bigots feel Alberta is coming their way. That ain't my bag baby, don't get me wrong I wont vote NDP but right now I am at the what the hell do I vote crisis! So I sat down and made a list of what I think they (UCP, right wingers whatever) need to do to keep the "average" Albertan behind them.

1) First if you are uniting I think you need a fair and open leadership vote. Face it both Jean and Kenney are the respected leaders of their parties, so who gets to lead?? It needs to be a vote by the whole party and without the BS from the PC leadership race. Lets be honest, Kenney winning was a forgone conclusion. All sorts of accusations about "bullying" (really?!?) popped up. You want people to get behind UCP. Make sure the leadership vote isn't a running gag.....

2) Bi-elections. Sandra Jansen won a seat as a PC. I like her, she seems decent. However I think ANY floor crosser should be forced to have a bi-election. People vote both person and party. You hold bi-elections and show integrity. On top of that the results will show were you are standing with Albertans! It is a sneaky perk.

3) Distance yourselves from Rebel Media. Seriously just do it. Dear Ezra Levant is a hate mongering joke. I will back track, at first I liked Rebel. It was a real and decent media that did represent Alberta. Then something went sideways. Ezra blocked me on twitter!! This isn't even bitterness but I don't know why. Like I wasn't a cheerleader, I asked once and awhile if he was going over the line but I liked him. Guess I didn't drink enough krazy koolaid. Sheila Gunn Reid, opens her mouth and I dunno what to expect. 50% of the time I am all NICE! Boom you nailed it girl! Then the next I am WTF??? And I just gotta say what the fuck is with Jack Posobiec??? He looks like a creepy howdy doody and doesn't even deliver news just trash...... Anyways way off topic but Rebel is going a bit nutso I don't think that is the media  outlet to use....

4) A real platform! We all get it, oil good! NDP bad! Slow clap for beating a dead horse... Give me something with substance. How is that shadow budget coming?? The NDP are really good at social issues. Face it, like it or not the millennial vote is a big one. They want a better world, or what they see as a better world. Sure for a really long time keeping the rich old white people happy kept you in power. We have moved on from that, so the party needs to, to. The white middle to upper class still exists and you have that vote. Might be time to work with the rest of Alberta.

5) Social media, wow Harper was way behind. The PC party was way behind in Alberta. It is the future. Hate to say it but NDP supporters know it and are all over it. Right winger voters simply come off like Rebel media on line. Just gonna leave a single name out there, Derek Fildebrandt. Weekly, hell almost daily Trump says something on twitter that makes the entire world giggle. Big D (Not a compliment) is kinda becoming Alberta's version of that. Remember the pics of filling jerry cans before the carbon tax? Or challenging someone on twitter to run against him? Sure it amuses us all, but really is that what you want to portray? Ole King Ralph came off as an every man. The main social media being used comes off right now like a teen aged boy challenged to an after school brawl. If you want a seat at the grown  up table gotta appear a grown up.....

6) YEG. Etown, Edmonton. I love this place. It is in all honesty a bigger version of my town Grande Prairie. Except it is all orange. Cowtown might go UCP, they have been hit really hard. Edmonton in all honesty is an NDP strong hold. Even here in St Albert wtf, I mean everyone say white Albert is rich, so you would think that would be great for UCP. Who even would be the UCP candidate? I didn't and wont vote Marie Renaud but I know who she is, and I like her. It is kinda back to that old every man thing. Alberta is in general average decent people. Maybe try running some of them in Edmonton. I am not saying completely change but in at least Edmonton get some youth and some people from all walks of life.

7) I guess this ties into the the last thing, get more voters from all over. The last PC party that got decimated had a bad rep. Seriously it came off as old white rich men, who condescended to Alberta. Remember the Math is hard thing or the sky palace?? OR it came off as hillbillies. Fact is I am proud of my hometown Grande Prairie and it is / was a right wing PC WRP stronghold. But 90% of people I tell where I am from assume I am a redneck right wing voter. They are right about my vote but wrong about the reason. Pretty far from a hillbilly. Also the NDP have an every man image (At least with the younger voters) You need a King Ralph. A lovable normal guy. And a minority. Serious this might sound horrible, you need a lovable gay sidekick or token black guy! The fact is there are right wing voters like this but you never see them, PUT THEM OUT FRONT!!! Not like that Milo sagdsjhg whatever his name was fuck. That guy was a disgrace to gays and conservatives.

There ya go, a start to maybe bringing in all the voters. Not just the same ones who are already on social media predicting a downfall of the NDP.....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo