Skip to main content

Random June Junk!

So this is a fluff piece! The fact is I am starting 10 days off (Down to 8 now, started this 2 days ago!) and I really wanted to have a rough draft done for a kids story that a friend might do some drawings for. I hit the common stumbling block I often hit. I work on at least 3 stories in my head at a time. Then one over powers another and I want to focus on it. Well after thinking the kids story for weeks a different one has taken control. This week I NEED to focus on the kids story but cant, so hoping some fluff will put me in the right mind set to get back on that. So fluff time, then FOCUS!

Firstly 10 days off! I have never had this much time off and not had something to do. Like last times we had weeks off we went to Disney. If only I could I would be on a plane there now! Before that we went to Victoria. Stay Cation it is, trying to find ways to not be bored. So I made a small list of shit to do. (Another update, list done.... 8 days to go) Some staining and painting around the house. Return bottles. Some shit that I have been putting off. Plus some good shit. Like golfing, writing and playing the new video games I bought. Taking the dogs for a nice walk somewhere with my brother and working out, haven't done anything active since play-on......

3 weeks ago was play-on. Last year we finished 11 out of 57-ish I think, and got to play Sunday. This year we we bombed! We went 0 - 3 and didn't get to play Sunday. I personally was awful, think I only managed 1 assist in 3 games. Also missed a penalty shot, which could have been a momentum changer. It was still a fun day, but of course I still have some beef! First tone it down! Ya be intense, hockey is a sport BUT I guarantee that no scout is there watching. The first team we played thought there was scouts.... Within 2 minutes my goalie got a punch in the head. And my goalie has a temper so..... Also be good winners, if your up don't be a cocky ass. Game 2 was the best game, I mean we lost. We didn't have offense and my goalie had a tough game but it was fun to play. Note on this one don't sandbag. If you belong in a higher div. play there. Then the third game was nasty. Three weeks later and I still have cuts from being tripped on pavement. Also calling us middle aged isn't really an insult. Yes we are and you barely won against a bunch of "old" men. Either way it sucked losing that bad but I will be back next year.

Bought a Foosball table. Been practicing, a buddy owns a shop and on Fridays we sit, drink beer and play. I figure after about a zillion games at home, maybe just maybe I will win!

NHL playoffs are done, shitty end again!! I haven't liked the winner since the Kings in 2014. This year was awful though. The Oilers lost I get it (When you blow big leads it is inevitable), but they were robbed. At least 1 game was won by the refs. The Caps failed again. To the Pens again, First off this new playoff format is dumb. 1 & 2 SHOULD play each other in a conference final. Caps Vs Pitts would be great there not in the semis. Second why cant you finish Caps!!! Third I hate the Pens. Cros-bitch is a whiny dirty (See him running Subbans head into the ice) bitch. Yes he is an amazing hockey player but other than maybe Kadri I hate him most in the NHL. Also for the second year in a row the wrong player was given the Conn Smythe. Neither of the last two years does shitsburgh win the cup without a beast in net. ARGGHH no more hockey talk

That's a lie, more hockey talk. Vegas got a team. The draft was exciting for it. I was honestly wrong about who they pick but I see what they did. They are looking for 3 - 5 years being a decent team. They left big names to get young guys and draft picks. Which from a manager point is smart. From a fan point I wanted them to try and pick a winning team now..... Also McJebus is the chosen one. After an amazing season it was great to see him cleanup at the awards. Suck it Cros, suck it long and suck it hard.

My friend, who is honestly a travel expert set up a twitter account. Go check it out @Klutzytraveler She has been all over the world and from her twitter you can see her web site.

Johnny Depp is all over the news and twitter. Wanna know the truth, I didn't even actually listen to what he said. It makes me smile though. Right Wing nuts love saying "triggered" as some sort of insult. Right now he has triggered all of them lol. The fact is I have very little respect for Hollywood in matters like this. Screw Leo and Jane, but I admit Leo is a hella actor. Either way good job Johnny.

Got my teeth ripped out last week. Already did a blog on that. Not something I would like to do again, so been keeping that clean!! But mashed potatoes with garlic, fresh dill and cheese is tha shit!

Been looking for a part time job. So far 0 luck, thing is what I know, restaurants don't want a mid 30s guy for part time evenings and weekends. They want, me from 20 years ago for that. Also applied at places like green houses and home repair places with no luck. I get one interview at a restaurant here in St. Albert. Here is what pissed me off. First the manager didn't even know I was coming. Second I think the kid was 20? Maybe, how is he a manager? I am getting old. They weren't even hiring, so why did they ask me for an interview?? I thanked him for his time but walked out shaking my head. The big thing that annoys me is this is so I can save some money and pay some shit. In my mind having a full time job at the same company for 15 years and I shouldn't need one. I don't live lavish by any means..... Maybe I will blog about it in the future BUT it is getting harder and hard for the younger generation to get ahead. Yes millennials don't get a ton of respect from me BUT there are those trying and not being able to succeed.

Good things currently into, music. CCR, glad I grabbed their greatest hits CD. Forgot how many great tracks they made. And how many freakin times they have been used in movies and TV. Also on a big country kick. I mean a big chunk of it now a days is crappola. However there is still a ton of good out there. Plus looking for all the good shit in the 90s and early 2000s when country was awesome. Maybe I thought it was awesome cause I was in bars dancing to it.... Am I the only one who still buys / makes CD's. Also check out spotify if you haven't. I know I am way behind but this is amazing app!

Not a hella lot on TV. Gotham had a decent / very cheesy season finale. Not sure where Lucifer is headed but glad it will be back. Riverdale was awesome, even if I sound like a 15 year old girl saying that. But it really is, Juggie in an MC. A Canadian herion connection? Half expect Vito Rizzuto to pop in. GoT has two amazing previews out. Sad only 2 season left but damn they look good!! If you dont know what I mean by GoT I dunno about you!! Fear the Walking Dead, wow. It came back by storm. The 2 part season opener was easily the best episodes they have ever made. Then slowed down a bit but this Walker guy makes it great again! Hope Preachers return can be as good. Started House of Cards have heard nothing but good about it. So far I hope it gets better cause to me it seems like every episode is the same..... Oh and Ripper Street, never thought I would like a BBC program but this one is great. Netflix i a season behind but I cannot wait for them to catch up!!

Like every summer it is blockbuster time. Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy are out and everyone says they are great. I still need to see them. Wanna see at least one (don't care which!) in theatre. Also All Eyes on Me is out. Trying to be like Straight outta Compton was. It seems to be getting mixed reviews but I am going to see it next week. I have 0.0 interest in a new Transformer movie. Just stop making them! Please!! Pirates 5 is out. I want to see it but that last stinker left a bad taste in my mouth. So we will wait and see on that....

Video games are piling up. Just finish Tell Tale Walking Dead, it was great. Did anyone else notice it has the same title as the season opener of Fear?? NHL 2016 I finally finished a season and the Mafia 3 DLC looks great. Plus a friend lent me Farcry and I bought Tell Tale Guardians. Maybe once I play any of them I can say hey that was good!

But I have ranted enough, time to get to real writing!!

Oh hey look at that no AB or Cdn poli today lol...

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo