Skip to main content

Dogs (A day in the life)

Dogs are funny. They cannot communicate with a hello but they have mastered that simply with a look. They can tell you when they are hungry, have to use the washroom or when they just wanna play. They are more loyal than almost any human I have ever met. When you are sick they come to cuddle. I am not sure what humanity has done to deserve dogs. Cats I get why we have them. They are evil. They show no loyalty. They expect that they can shit in a box and you will clean it up.  Most of them don't come over for cuddles. They are the exact opposite of mans best friend. I had a friend say to me once, lock your wife and your dog in a trunk. When you open it a few hours later who is happy to see you? Pretty sure you know the answer. On top of that you can train them to do anything and they are happy to do it. To put there life on the line for humans. How many people can say they do that? They are just a great animal. I have had my current lil buddy for almost three years now...... Here is a day in his life.



BIG yawn and stretch at 3 am. Not sure what it is that wakes me up at this time every morning, but I am awake maybe a bit groggy and I want out of this damn crate. Not that the crate is bad, I have a full sized bed stuck in here. In fact when the man human hears me and opens the crate. Some mornings I get up and move to my baby bed in the living room. The bed that is too small for me but I still like to sleep in. It is familiar, first place they ever had me sleep. Some mornings I stay in my crate, just make sure he opens the door for me. It all about the option right? 5 am is when I really get things rolling. I like to sit by the bed, If the man human doesn't wake up I 'urf' at him. After awhile he mumbles something in a grumpy voice at me but gets up. Now depends on the morning, Some mornings he gets up and takes me outside for pee then stays up with with me drinking his morning cup. I tried that cup once, it is nasty! He doesn't move without it though. A couple mornings though he takes me out but goes right back to bed!! I usually let him sleep a bit more those morning but I don't wanna talk about those days!

 The mornings he stays up and has his cup we sit on the big couch, (They call the little couch my couch) he scratches my ears and plays on that thing that rings. Then he goes into that awful tub and showers, I go back to sleep. By the time he is done the woman gets up and goes in the bathroom. They spend soooo much time in that room. I don't like it there. That's were they stick me in water. They don't talk in the mornings! But they both scratch my ears! He leaves but always, gives her a kiss. I growl and nip, (never hard) at him though when he does! She is mine not his! Shortly after that she leaves. She puts up gates and keeps me in the food room and a few other rooms. But they are smart they leave the lid on my food. I always get my carrots when they leave. I sit like a good boy for that!! Some times she throws it to me and I catch it. I dunno why but they seem to think that is neat. These are the quiet days. In general I sleep quiet days. They have another house for me in the food room. It has a bed in it and it is nice and dark to sleep in. It seems like forever before the lady gets home. But when she does I get to go out front! I pee on the grass and bark at the birds. They need to know this is my turf! Then she lets me out back. First I clear the birds from there and have a poo. They also need to know this is my turf, even if the humans put a house for them in a tree. Again silly humans putting a house for birds! But then she leaves! I dunno why she leaves but I get another carrot so that is okay. Then it is forever again before he gets home.

He is always noisy when he comes in. Calling me the Evil Professor Bark Bark, I don't think I have ever been evil except when I pooped in his truck. Or bud bud, that is a better name. He takes me for another pee and then suppperrrs or food food! Really I am not sure why he talks like that to me just get me some food please. She comes home after that and then we walk. I don't like walks, to be honest. Strangers try to touch me, other dogs bark at me and there are cats in this world! I feel a lot bigger and tougher in my living room window when those things are outside. BUT then we play Frisbee in the back yard. That's the best! Its all my turf, I run and jump. They clap for me when I catch it in the air. Then they go inside, I give them some time while I relax but after awhile it is time to bark again. Let them know I wanna play some more. Usually the man will get down on the floor and put a sock on his arm. Then we fight!! Some nights he complains but then she says something about me not being a puppy forever and he will miss this. I am thinking she is crazy. I will always be a puppy!!  I try and pick bedtime. When I want I bark at them, he takes me for a pee. BUT half the time we don't go to bed even if I want to. What do they not understand when I say sleep time? So I lay on my couch  until they finally think it is bed time. I follow them around as they get ready cause I know I have one more carrot coming. When they say Katos bed, I run to my bed and wait. Then my day is done, I lay down and wait for 3 AM!




Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo