Skip to main content

30 Day writing challenge #24 Something I miss

Something I miss?? I don't know were to being. I miss a ton of shit. I miss being care free. Like working a shitty job paying low rent and not worrying about anything. Earlier than that I miss good Saturday morning cartoons! Have you seen what passes for cartoons these days?? I miss the original Scooby Doo. I miss street hockey both when I was a kid r sitting with a case of beer and playing behind our old warehouse. I do kinda miss school, it is pretty neat to learn new things. (Only interesting things. Fuck you math) I miss sitting around a fire until the sun comes up and tells you to go to bed at 4:30. I dont miss the hangover that comes with that though........ BUT what I really miss is the OLD world. I mean before Terrorism seemed to be a way of life and everyone wasn't an overly sensitive pussy!

I miss they world I grew up in, hell the world 10 years ago when I didn't have to watch every damn thing I say! Lets set it straight, I think racism is stupid. So is homophobia. Frick religous nut bags drive me mental too. I am not calling for a return to discrimination being okay but I am pissed everything has to be super Vanilla so no one is offended! I have heard and it might be wrong but I heard We are Siamese song was cut from Lady and the Tramp. Like seriously wtf? Songs of the South will never be released by Disney again? This is taking things a bit far in my mind. So on one hand we can produce games like my personal fav Grand Theft but two singing cats is wrong?

The Confederate flag offends people and we need to take it down? I get it, why people might have a problem with it BUT the South ain't rising again. I find it offensive that pride people can make our Canadian Flag rainbow coloured but am I waiting it taken down. No cause the fact is I may not like it but then aren't wrecking a flag. People have become hyper sensitive.

I blame you minority groups! All men and women are created equal and should have equal rights. I believe that, it is the dream this country is built on. The fact is that has not been good enough for a lot of people. Maybe it s a push back, for years of NOT getting equal rights. But being equal simply isn't good enough anymore. Every one needs to be a super special snowflake and be heard. It has gotten to the point were Christmas' trees aren't to be put up in public and we have to say Happy Holidays because someone is offended by the traditions we have had for how fucking long?!?! FUCK THAT! Merry Christmas! Feel free to celebrate your holidays however you want but don't banish mine. Gay pride, important. Again all people should live free and happy lives. Watching parades now a days are more like a fetish ball. For the good it is doing, now you're pushing shit on people that doesn't need pushed. Like gay people arent all fetishes. In fact I would say a BIG chunk is just people in love who live pretty normal lives inside and outside the bedroom. So why the fetish ball? And this whole gender identity is getting crazy. Now people want to use words like Zee and Zur? What does that even mean? And we cant put gender on ID cards anymore? I will say I get it, for the people who genuinely have boy parts but look like a chick or vice versa. And in all honesty what % of the population is truly trans? But for the rest who just "feel" like a woman / man. Fuck off. There blunt as I can be, you are what you are. Black Lives Matter, fuck ya they do! But the thing is all lives matter. What has been going on in the States with these cops is fucking wrong!!! Super wrong but valuing any lives over any other is wrong again all people are created equal.

Small point here, Chuck Manson predicted race wars would destroy the States. His crazy vision seems to be coming so close to true. For everyone who wants to be more "equal" meaning more equal than others there will be a group pushing back. Slowly it will tear the world apart....

Here is the thing, the big sha bang, the summary. I want the world to be a place of equality, like we were aiming for. The 80's was bad for equality. The 90's well things changed. It was a push back from the macho aggressiveness of the 80's. Then came the now. Were pleasing the minorities is more important than actually being equal. Lets all just work on everyone being equal.  

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo