Skip to main content

July Randoms

 Damn you James Gunn! Damn you to hell! I wanted to sit and bitch about how you were killing the "hard" work DC had put into creating a shared universe. I wanted to say your Guardians series had gone downhill. Then I watched Guardians 3. If you take out the massive Avengers crossovers, it is a top 3 project probably. Top 5 for sure. I don't even know how many movies and shows they have churned out but this is among the best. So MAYBE you will make DC much better.... Anyways Guardians 3 watch it! IMO it is WAY better than the second and hell maybe better than the first that I still think was over rated. It has it all. A great plot, comedy, action and man does it hit the feels FFS. I am not a huge fan of some of the end, the new "team" meh but not sure if they will move forward with that or if it is more just giving characters a way to move on. Warlock should have had a much bigger role & I really thought the High Evolutionary would be a much bigger threat. I could see him over Kang as the new Thanos. Either way saying those 3 beefs I have, this is an amazing MCU Movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it! Phase 4 or whatever did not impress and the Marvels coming up kinda looks like crap but this, it gives me small hope for the MCU to keep limping along. Without saying too much sadly they do "wrap it up". It could easily be the last GoG but how good it was I would watch another!!

I have come to the realization working for someone is like renting a home. You work your bag off and in the end you are making money for someone else. Sure there is perks, like getting paid and health coverage but in the end someone else profits from your work. Renting a home same deal, you pay however much $$$ which I am sure covers the mortgage and maybe a little profit. Yes you get a roof over your head BUT at the end of the day you pay off someone else home. They have all the equity, they can sell it. Sure a landlord has to keep the house up, just like a business owner takes the risks of starting a business but in the end working for someone else is like renting, it is making someone else better off your hard work. All that ranting, I still am not starting a business. Just saying as much as I say I hate making money for someone else I guess not having a big risk of running a business is nice to. I could take this further, that it makes little sense a bank won't give people say a $1700 / month mortgage but those same people are expected to make $2000 / month rent, for someone else.....

So we recently watched Shiny Happy People, that is a great documentary. I could and might do a whole blog just on that but what I want to say is discovery is kind of a crappy network OR more straight forward TLC is garbage. It at one point was the learning network. Now they go out of their way to find crazy shit and make it famous. I get that's what networks do but MAYBE they should have some care into what they make famous. Fundamentalism in any religion is BAD. You look into the cult these Duggars are in an we see child sexual assaults. We see women treated like it is 1723 not 2023. The physical and mental abuse these people suffer through and TLC makes it a cash cow. There is NO way they did not have an idea as to what was going on and yet they looked the other way to keep the cash flowing... They have other amazing shows like Expedition Unknown that is great TV and there is actual learning there, why are they not promoting that more? I will never fault someone for wanting to make money BUT at some point morals have to come into it. I won't go too much into the whole show but it is full of bad people, it spreads a bad lifestyle but we glorify it. Not 100% sure when I will have this up but Witcher season 3 is out soon!!! I can't wait, or can I. The books are awesome and the games follow into that. From what I hear or read Henry was unhappy how far from the books the series was going. We all know how bad Game of Thrones got when they had no books to follow so I worry for what Witcher is doing. Might get into Witcher deeper in next blog but it is out now and the first half was decent. I thought they could have done a little more, the first 20 minutes of the second half is going to be amazing.... Also the end there, really you pull a tiny little knife on a man called the Butcher of Balvakin? This isn't going to end well for you Dykstra. Mayans has 4 episodes left, likely 3 or less by the time this is up. Episode 5 may have been one of the best episodes they have written, 6 one of the worst. As I stated before there is just too much going on for a final season and a lot of the writing has gone to shit. Speaking of going down hill, I am 2 maybe 3 episodes behind on Fear TWD. This is just awful, I am not sure if I can finish it. Thats a lie, I have put way too many hours into it over the years but if this was an early season I would never have finished it. I did finish it, or the "first half" In all the TWD shows this was the absolute worst. They have 5 episodes to try and make up for that mess. HOWEVER Dead City is making up for it. As of right now there are 2 episodes out, guessing 3 before I put this up but 2 was amazing. Negan explaining to Maggie that ya he could be awful but it was only to protect his people. Yes he did bash Glenns brains in AFTER they murdered 20 plus people in the middle of the night. I am really digging the morality in the show and seeing JDM playing Negan like old Negan is a treat to watch. I love his Knock Knock joke. 

The liberal cheerleaders are out in full force on social media this week. Inflation went down a bit! Justin is doing something right! Not really, it is WAY up so a small dip is nothing to cheer about. I mean they are acting like this is the liberals doing and sure I guess lets say it is. If your going to take the credit though you have to take the blame. SO sure good job its down but you drove it WAY up and that has been killing people. 

Not sure what to say for comics. Both Batman titles are still going strong. The Orgham story has been interesting and the whole multiversal Joker issue was AMAZING! I have been reading Batman Inc and I really love some of the creations, like Ghostmaker has been my fav new character in a long time. Clownhunter I am growing to like and Phantom One, I think has a lot of potential. I am happy I think Joker series is wrapping up, it has been very hit and miss. Immortal Xmen, Xmen and Xmen Red are still all great. Whatever the fall of X is, is coming soon and I hope it is good. I am really enjoying Krakoa and I hope that it is still around after the fall. Many versions of Sinister is awesome. I hope they have a good story and then let them fall to back, I don't want them over used. AWA has been good but a little quiet for the last few months without too many titles which is probably good for my wallet.... It looks like they have a big fall season coming though. 

Pride MONTH is almost over. Month, really month? It used to be a day, a parade. Then a week, now a month. I don't get it, why a month?? Veterans get a day. Mom and dad, well they get a day. With out being too much a dick with mom and dad you and I wouldn't be here but they only get a day. I am okay with LGBT(ish) and thats it. You wanna be gay or lesbian sure, have at it. You wanna be bi, I get it. This shit has been around for as long as people have. I will admit some trans exists. Without a doubt that has also existed as long BUT not in the numbers it is now. When we have books like "Bye Bye Binary" that ain't healthy. Thats brain washing. There has always been more feminine men and there has always been Tom boys. That didn't mean they were in the wrong body or had the wrong gender. It simply meant they had traits of another gender. Also (And I get it isn't the majority) parades are getting out of had. Having pride doesn't mean you need to dress like a dog or march around with your shit hanging out. I am seeing more and more social media posts of people saying they used to love pride but it has been highjacked into something they don't recognize. So I still have 0 problem with people wanting pride but more and more I see it devolving being less about people just wanting equality and happiness to people trying to push every weird fetish they have into being mainstream. 

The Last of Us was a great show and man the game is great to!! First off the show in some places seems shot for shot from the game. I thought since the game is a few years old it might not hold up but actually on PS5 it looks great. Remastered. First off even on easy and making aiming easy it still isn't easy!! I admit a few times now I have had to put the controller down and walk away, those times have been intense shooting parts. The story though (Yes the same as the show) has been great. I can only imagine how ground breaking it was when it actually came out. Plus you have to protect people they don't just run behind you safe & they can actually be helpful as well. Unlike some games where they are there to help the story progress but in game action are kind of useless. I don't think it will be massive game like Witcher or RDR2 but I think it will take some time and so far while frustrating at points it has been very enjoyable!

Congrats second place! I am just gonna say it, retire Notley. MOST leaders retire after they lose government, like the NDP did in 2019 but Rachel stayed on. Most leaders step down when they run an unsuccessful election, not Rachel! My social media for a month before the election was 1) How good things were going to be under the NDP. Guess we will never know 2) how Alberta was going to hell if the NDP lost. I guess in the next 4 years we will know. I think though some people who "support" the NDP, in fact the NDP themselves in some cases are happy they didn't win. It is a lot easier to sit on the side lines and scream the sky is falling than actually govern. I have said it before majority governments I dont like. Too much power and that is what the UCP has. Sure the NDP is screaming about everything and saying they are working hard for Albertans. They aren't because they can't. No matter what they do, being second place to a majority they are just noise. Now all I see is whining over everything. The dumbest shit a lot of NDP supporters are trying to turn into big deals. Stop with the nothing burgers.... If you really want to make Alberta better spend the next 4 years in the rural areas trying to gain a foot hold. Realize there is more than the nurses and teachers unions. GO ahead read all my old blogs tagged ABpoli. It is pretty clear I sit on the right but even I was torn in the last 2 elections to vote for the cons or not as they are getting further and further right. MY point if you can almost get my vote maybe they could grow there presence all over. The truth is the NDP social policies are the way to go. HOWEVER they seem to be lacking on the economic side and they really seem to not be trying to attract any rural or blue collar Albertans. It is a big reason I won't vote that way, they have shown no interest in average Albertans. So again way to go second place, sit whine and do nothing see if that actually helps. If your actually doing anything for Albertans.

Behind the Bastards did a 6 parter on Vince McMahon. First off let me say I loved 80s, 90s wrestling, even into the 2000s I would still watch Raw. First cause I was young and then later they had great stories in the "attitude" era, it looks like people still love that era. I quit watching after awhile. I read comics and I thought it was corny. I posted wrestling was dumb on social media one time and my god the people that got angry was sad..... I just wanna say wrestling isnt real, please know that....... Either way wow Vince is a douche. Removing safety standards, using people up, not unionizing. I am not a union guy but in wrestling I can almost support why they would want one. Oh drugs, sexual assaults' and pedophiles that are now in the WWE hall of fame. He is great guy! Also listened to the Steven Seagal episode, that is another classic. Got back on to Supernatural pod with Ashley Flowers, not the TV series. Finding there is a lot out there we never hear about and even some of the big things, we only hear parts of. The episode that talks about the inspiration for stranger things was pretty good. Also doing Serial Killers on Parcast, not sure if I am a huge fan of this one. Some of the stuff they allege has been flat out debunked, they seem to gravitate to the more gruesome things that can't be proved rather than just facts. Also they use the phrase "may have" a lot which IMO is weak. He may have done this, we will never know isn't great writing for a pod BUT they do drop a lot of facts and man there is a lot of serial killers out there!!

I finished my writing course. A-. If I am honest I am slightly let down. I was shooting in the A to MAYBE even A+ range for quite a while. Then dropped on last couple essays. I can't complain though. I made the same mistakes I repeat over and over. I probably should have put more effort in the last couple assignments or edited better but I did what I always do and let it slide.... Psychology next. That will be an interesting course, condensed for summer term. I have to be on the road a lot for work so to be honest I am hoping there isn't much group stuff..... I can handle things alone and make time but much harder when others are involved. Then done school for the year. Next year a winter course, then spring for sure off to go to Italy and Greece. At this rate it will be 3 more years to finish my course but I do want to finish. I did move to Edmonton 23 years ago to go to school.....

Since I don't have no music this month maybe I will write about an amazing TV documentary. Dear Mama. I have said it before, you cannot do a Tupac Biopic in a 2 hour movie. By 25 he had done more than most people will ever do in their entire lives. Dear Mama is about 5 hours of Tupac and his mother Afeni stories. I will die on the hill Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time. Why is Afeni in it, well because she made him! She had an insane life which she didn't hide from him, from her politcal days to drug abuse it all made Tupac who he was. He is the greatest because he is all over the map, he can rap about the regular, money and hoes! Or politics, or female issues like Brendas got a baby, or songs like Changes. Sure by the end of his career he seemed more "gangsta" and that is what a lot of people think of him as but he goes way beyond that. If you like rap or Pac this is a must see. If for some reason you think rap now is good, this is a need to see to understand good rap. If you are just interested in music and creators it is worthwhile watching. I will be honest at first I was stand offish, everytime they try to make something about Pac it is sub par, this is worth a watch. 

Let me be honest with you, social media worries me more than any person or political party. I see all these fucking clowns on line saying they dont like the Canadian Flag anymore because "convoy fucks" took it over. If you have a problem with the flag of Canada, thats on you. You should probably just give your head a damn shake. Also I see all these pride flags and paintings and such getting ruined. Again if a flag has you that riled up give your head a shake. My point though is on social media people are rabid about this. However I drive my neighbourhood and both are out and fine. Everyone seems happy, no one is spreading hate like social media would have you believe. Swear to god if people put down there phones and just talked to each other the world would be a much better place, things are more and more divided and isnt it strange we get more divided the more we are on socials...

SO again as of this writing we are in the playoffs. By the time I post this it could be done. Guess I will update it if that happens.... We went 18-1-1 in regular season. IF we don't win the title this season I will be let down! Round 1 in the playoffs we won both games 5-2.... I actually scored, had 3 goals in last 4 games which has to be a life time high lol. I get my first tattoo July 8 so after that I cant play however it should be wrapped up by then. If we win we should move up a div, I would hope. Hell if we dont I hope we move up going 18-1-1 is awesome. I don't want to sound cocky but at that point clearly we should move up. Update 1. We played game 1 and squeaked out a win. Within the first 10 minutes we were up 4 - 0 and I think let our foot off the pedal cause in the next 10 they were up 5-4. We killed a 4 minute 5 on 3 powerplay and rallied for 2 more goals ending 6-5. 1 more win....

So last points on the blog, I was treated to a weekend Staycation at the Hotel MacDonald (Check my yelp for reviews) in downtown Edmonton last weekend. It was awesome, great hotel. Great service, great amenities, great dining! Pricy, I won't lie. It is sad they don't build luxury hotels like this anymore. I love the grand old features! When I have my millions I am going to build a few like this. We stayed in the Magnolia in Victoria and it was amazing as well but it just doesn't have the same feel. Also if you are in Edmonton check out River Valley Adventure, lots of stuff to do down there!! However seeing downtown makes me sad. Edmonton has gotten ugly as fuck. 23 years ago I was super hung over and left my hotel downtown wearing a shirt inside out and a woman thought I was homeless. Asked if I was okay because, it wasn't a "common" sight. You cannot go a block without seeing filth and poverty downtown. It is honestly sad. Ironically last week there was news story about a couple getting attacked downtown after a concert. Today the news was talking about vacancies downtown and yes economics was the major factor BUT they also sited that people just don't feel safe and they don't want to force customers into that. Our joke of a city council is so proud of a single use plastic ban while the actual city falls to shit.... It isn't just here though. A couple weeks ago I was in Yellowknife and the city center was per capita probably as bad. Literally people just passed out on the sidewalk, human shit out front of my hotel. It makes me sad, both places, seeing people living like that. The next few blogs I do are going to be quick takes on various things to try and help this mess. It is clear a lot of politicians don't give a fuck. People like the UCP cutting funding for social issues, down to the joke fucks of Edmonton council more concerned about being woke than actually doing a good job for Edmonton. I wonder how hard it is to start a charity or something to help out with this issue....



Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo