Skip to main content

April mixed bag! (Mostly pop culture)

 This whole Will Smith thing is crazy. My very first question is was it even real? You can't tell me it didn't look scripted. Next thing I saw a lot of people ask, what is this supposed to keep our eyes off? All of social media yesterday was about Willy, nothing else so what were our eyes being kept away from. (Yes that is a bit of a conspiracy minded thought but hey...) Part of me says good for big willy to stick up for his wife. The other part says WTF. First if Jada was actually so sensitive, this is Hollywood why didn't she wear a wig. Second wasn't Will laughing until he realized Jada was mad. Then the real issue, you can't just slap people that upset you. Do we not remember Ricky Geravis destroying Hollywood? No one jumped on stage and slapped him. Honestly I feel Will did this only because Chris isn't big, intimidating or mean. Can you imagine Chappelles jokes after if he got slapped? Actually I doubt little Willy would slap Chapelle.

April 1st carbon tax going up.... I promise this is the only politics in this blog you can skip it if you want..... Actually let me start with Jagmeet and the NDP deciding to support the libtards. I have 0 proof but I am going to say Castro Jr got scared the second he realized he was potentially losing a confidence vote and begged Jag to join. First Jag is constantly saying how terrible Castreau is but he jumps on board??? Please NDP voters remember this. Your vote was sold out for power for Jag, he literally proved he is nothing more than a lapdog given the chance. You vote NDP again and you are simply helping JT stay in power. Second the fucking carbon tax. How many people feel like crying after they get gas? Or pay home utility bills? 8 years our utilities have fluctated some and went up some, as they will but the last 2 months are unlike anything I have ever seen and April 1st its going up more! TO make you and me better people of the world! This pain in our pocket books is somehow going to stop global warming. Here is the thing, in the great white north we have to heat our homes. Making us pay more isnt going to change that fact. It is going to stop me from putting more money into our economy though. Instead of buy a lunch and tipping someone, or buying some comics to support a local business I will pay more tax that some how is cleaning the world up. On top of that gas prices wow. For work this month alone I will spend at least 40ish hours on the highway. That is part of business and it isn't / can't stop just because tax is going up. I am not about to drive less, just pay more. The deterrent from the tax isn't working. Ergo the tax isn't working. Scrap this dumb fucking idea. Lastly I am currently reading Indian in the Cabinet by Jody Wilson-Raybould. First I don't dig the title and the term Indian. NOt that I have a problem with the term but its like black people and the N word. If it is racist and you hate it DON'T FUCKING USE IT. Also I don't know if I feel she started off dumb or really was just too much of a dreamer. From day 1 everyone knew Justin was a polished turd. White, upper class douchebag posing as this worldly forward thinking, just leader. She seemed to not see or believe that. Which is ignorance or stupidity. However she did come to her sense. I know it isn't just Liberals but she did learn that politics, especially in our system is more about keep the power than making Canada better. This libturd NDP deal is absolute proof of it. Admittedly it probably is an echo chamber but the more I read her book I find myself not being surprised abut the 2 faced libs......

I rebought GTAV. I forgot there are things in this game, missions and small stories that are kind of fun. Overall the open world is massive, just insane I forgot that. However Red Dead is still better, a more fun game. Better written, more memorable characters. GTA took 3 stereotypes of a "gangsta" a "psycho" and a washed up bank robber and said here ya go! I really REALLY hope a lot more writing goes into 6 and a new city. I really wanna see New Orleans. Also been playing BioShock2. I like the writing in this, how you don't know what happening, you learn the story as you go. Also cool to be a big daddy & they really made the hacking better in 2. I have a few game concepts. 1) The Punisher. Played just like a GTA game. Tons of open world, the gun fight system works good for a Punisher game. Can have various storylines going on but I want it written by Ennis or the writers of Mafia 3. 2) Daredevil done just like the Arkham series. That works for a Daredevil story. See Matt give out some beatdowns..... Last GTA but set in a rural community. Kind of like how Trevors part of GTA starts but also with a few towns like RDR2 has. I literally just said I wanna see New Orleans and I will stick with that but maybe a bunch of the bayou as well? I was driving through the mountains and some rural areas yesterday and it popped into my head how much I love RDR2 and instead of just cramming the GTA protagonist in a single city give him some range. Also I need an app developer I have two good ideas but I need someone who actually know how to make shit work!!

Personally I finished my paper for Poli Sci. I believe I did okay but  am nervous. I thought I did good on my law paper and it was only in the 70s when all my quizzes, discussions and exams were 80s and 90s. 2 more courses over spring and summer that will be intense while working fulltime. At that point though I believe I will be done my "first" year of my business diploma. I am told I could use a few of my old marks from the early 2000s but I am not sure I want to. They were very low!! Part of me thinks though does it matter?? Long as you get that shiny piece of paper saying your smrt........ Sorry thats not a jab at people that have diplomas or degrees just part of me feels forced into getting this as thats the way business is going even though I am doing well at my job without it. Part of me wants it to finally finish something in my life and part of me just wants to do much better than I did at 20 in school. I wonder where I would be now if I did as well in school then as I do now and finished courses. Would I be a journalist and write more than a blog that few hundred people might read. ALSO in ball hockey we are almost done the season (Probably in playoffs by the time I post this) I will be honest we were fighting to play in Div 13 playoffs but I think we will make 14. I don't think those are provincial qualifying divs but it has been fun. We actually are winning games, which is nice and I finally have gotten on the score sheet. 5 points in last 3 games. FINALLY. Even better than all that is the blood, my blood. On nights we play late games and I dont sit at home and snack all night I check my blood in the AM and the results are "typical" human not diabetic. I get it, I know I am diabetic but clearly some lifestyle choices REALLY help! I decided to experiment on myself. One night I did not take my pills on purpose but still played late night hockey and didn't snack. My blood that night and the next morning were in the "healthy" range. TO me at least this is amazing. For the last few years I have watched my readings get worse and worse outside healthy range. This without pills is crazy! Also not sure how many people from YEG actually read this but JHL is offering playoffs for the cancelled winter season. I hope my team gets in on it, also I hope anyone who can does and hopefully it helps the league get a foothold in Edmonton. 

What in the kid rock, sister humping, meth smoking, catalytic converter trailer park is wrong with music? I Love Yelawolf, I will say it. Love Story is an amazing album. Trial by Fire I also really enjoy and Mud Mouth I currently cannot get enough of. Some of the other albums like Trunk Music, Radioactive and so on also have some "bangers" (I hate that word) but because of that spotify keeps suggesting things like Struggle Jennings and Jelly Roll? Oh and Tom MacDonald. Jesus fuck some of this is just bad! Let me put it out there Struggle and Jelly actually have a couple songs that are decent overall though...... Tom MacDonald is just wow. Everything he writes may actually have a point but comes across as an angry 15 year old in his room. I dunno try some word play or something not just "me angry and white" I guess there is a reason Eminem is one of the all time best selling artists and Tom keeps saying his name hoping to get noticed. Meaning Em changed, Slim Shady LP is nothing like Marshal Mathers LP and the Eminem show is different than the first 2. You gotta change some to keep people interested or you just become Nickelback. Rap for sure, like the NWA would have failed, if you are honest with yourself. Sure they were raw and new but if they just stuck to limited topics in rap they would have failed. Look at Pac, the GOAT. He can do hit em up to Dear Mama, you need range! If I am digging in to terrible white rappers I guess I can throw Madchild in here. I LOVED Swollen Members long before I liked Eminem. Two guys rapping about stuff like comics, how could I not!! Then whatever happened and Madchild became and addict. His music went downhill fast. Now he makes an album a year with maybe a decent song on it and posts shit on instagram about how he is a bad guy trying to be good. Nah dawg you a guy struggling to remain in the spotlight. That was a mean shot cause I actually do like Madchild but he was the guy years ago saying no one wants to see the beastie boys become gangsters and seems like thats his plan now. Just heard "In god we trust" Why are Tom and Nova trying so hard to be American? Also wtf is up with Struggle Jennings. Waylon was awesome. Shooter I really dig. Struggle? First that not even dudes name. I get using a rap name. I don't think he was born Biggie Smalls but Jennings? 0% Jennings. Trying to claim fame off your step grandpa and uncle is kinda lame. Not saying I wouldn't try it just saying your really not a Jennings and using the name to hopefully get some "redneck" followers is lame. Oh so to wrap it up this month I got nothing good for music.

Comics make me sad. I have some other things I need to put as a priority so I need to cut my comic titles and it is hard to do!! Detective stays. That Bat title has been awesome with Shadow of the bat. Hell even the House of Gotham story in it was awesome. I am honestly sad the Forgotten leader or whoever that was died. He could have had an awesome story. I loved how they showed so much of the Bat universe through his story. What is the new arc, Shadow war? That looks awesome, the league of Shadows Vs Deathstroke! Slade is badass but the League of Shadows might out class him just a bit. Of course I will keep the main Bat title and Xmen. I think the Joker series is over so while it makes me sad at least I dont need to keep buying it. Whenever they start the next Marauders I will be on that. I guess what is going to get cut sadly is the non superhero titles like Stillwater and Shadowman. Likely not buy all AWA titles even though they have been on such a good run!! The 4th man is awesome. It is laid out like a movie, the art you can see which actors they would have cast. It is just amazing, I am going to be picky with AWA title but when it is as good as 4th man it is hard to say no!! Thor will stay. If I am honest it was MCU movies that made me like Thor but with Cates writing it now it is so frigin good!! Also I believe Garth Ennis is doing another Punisher run?? That will have to go into file. Heathens has been a great read. I love Billy the Kid. Lucky Luciano is / was one of my heroes. He isn't a good person I get that but he built something that to this day still exists even though the NYPD and FBI have spent 100 years trying to destroy. I guess I respect that. Plus Jack the Ripper?! Like awesome! I think I will keep this title for at least a bit longer to see if it keeps being good. So since writing this entry it looks like Heathens is over? Which is too bad because it is an original concept, with awesome characters.

I cant really say much for movies. I am excited for Secrets of Dumbledore. Honestly it looks good, action packed. Almost any other series I would likely boycott after Johnny got canned but I am gonna check this one out. I have been reading all the theories online about Credence. Everyone and their dogs knows according to the OG HP series Albus only had a brother and a sister. No Credence, so who is he really. Some ideas have been way out there but some seem almost plausible. Seems to be most common Credence has something to do with Ariana Dumbledore. Maybe he has a part of her soul or something. Also the option Grindewald is lying or my fav that he is a Dumbledore somehow the dad in Azkaban had a son. So ya I am excited for tat one. I already did Bats and Spidey, so I ill just do TV. I am on the 3rd? season of Blacklist. I am still enjoying it but it is getting to that repetitive point where Red always has a sneaky way out. So I slowed down on that and started Locke and Key. Part of me really wants to read the graphics. It is a neat concept and up to where I am they are doing a great job of sprinkling storylines. Planting seed for things that could be good pay offs, so I will keep it up for awhile. My wife and I have 1 episode left of The Great season 1. This show is so good. It does a great job of mixing history, a bit of GoT back stabbing and politicking and some humor funny and some damn dark! Pam and Tommy got me hooked and then really went downhill getting boring. If it is half true I feel bad for Pam more than anyone. The rest are all kinda scumbags. Walking Dead part 2 of 3? Of the final season?? Whatever it is, should have just made another season. Anyways point being started slow and lame, last few episodes have been good. I am not 100% sure but I think the comics had a few different storylines with the Commonwealth. I guess if they want to go there just keep making seasons instead of having a never ending final season. But they announced more spin offs?? Stop the milking, please. Moon Knight is out now or at least the first episode. I will watch it soon as I can. This does get back to what I said last blog entry, MCU is really scrapping here...... Saying that I did start Punisher again but I think I am gonna stop it. I kinda rewatched all my fav episodes / parts of the series. Season 2 when he takes out all the guys in the woods, I love that shit! The Boys put out some cartoons, I should really watch one and see if I like it. I freely admit I keep going to start it and then not. I don't know why either just haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

So I just read Elon Musk bought 9% of twitter and is now the largest shareholder? Does that mean I have to stop call him Wish Brand Tony Stark? I get he is a smart dude but also he is not Tony in real life. Most of his money has come from acquiring businesses. He may be a genius in the boardroom that doesn't mean he is ever going to have the Ironman suit and it just comes off to me that people really believe he might someday, including Elon.

Anywho that was it, this was a quick pop culture blog. For really real the next couple I release I have already started. I want to edit real writing & I am starting spring course which is super tight then summer as well so I may be too busy for a bit!

    


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo