Skip to main content

War Measures

 I was going to move away from politics, honestly. I wanted to write about my dogs, I like them more than I like most people BUT right now I need to rant about Castro junior and his overstep.

Its a fun joke, haha momma Trudy slept with Castro. I heard she slept with the Rolling Stones (Gangbang?) so why not Fidel as well. You look at them side by side though and fuck me if he doesn't look like Fidel is his dad. SO I am running with it. I didn't want to be petty, I wanted to have sound arguments but at this point fuck it and fuck him.

HOWEVER I will get into some common sense and logic about the whole thing. This Convoy for Freedom at it's base was a decent idea. The fact is people are done, this has dragged out people have lost livelihoods over it. People have lost friends and family. It has divided our nation. I will be straight up, Canada struggles as is with identity. We are not the melting pot like the States where people come and become part of a nation. We are a nation that lets other nations in and lets them exist in our state. (For reference Nation and state are 2 different things) We are multicultural and have many nations in 1 state, trying to unite that is one of the biggest struggles in Canadian history and this pandemic has smashed most unity we have tried to have. So ya I support people trying to make us free again, rather than divided. Sure without a doubt there is health risks, but trust the science as we keep hearing. Over 99% recovery rate. Let the world carry on! NO ONE has said you can't mask or distance or stay home or whatever you are comfortable with. Keep doing it if you want. On top of that IF you want to keep using passports for businesses sure. I wont frequent your establishment but I am sure a lot of others will! Some people however want to move forward and thats what these guys wanted. On top of that these people are protesting the government, which is a fucking cornerstone of democracy. That literally defines the free world. I will give you, no they don't need to honk all night. They should not be threatening people or harming businesses. Their whole protest is to help not harm. So stick within these guidelines and it is completely justifiable. 

I am not retarded I know as with ANY movement bad shit will hop on. Remember 2 years ago when BLM was protesting? I have 0 problem with that, its their right. I am not dumb I know most of those people also weren't rioting and looting, which is the exact same as the truckers. There might be some far right extremists, not might there is some there. Point being stop painting everyone with the same brush. That's not the bulk and the media needs to stop pretending it is. Painting everyone as far right has become the medias favorite trick and it does drive some moderate people away believing it is all Nazis.

So lets talk about the medias contribution to this. EVERY fucking time I turn on the news, these truckers are painted as white pride. It is being called an occupation. Let me be clear, that is one OPINION it isn't even good journalism. All you have to do is go to live feeds and you can see concerts, bouncy castles, feeding the homeless, shoveling snow. If that to you is an occupation please never leave Canada to see a real occupation. Or better yet look over at the Russian crisis THAT is actual problems. ALSO I gotta talk about the media saying kids are being used as human shields, really?? Not too long ago people were bringing their children to watch everyone take a knee in protest and that wasn't an issue. THIS IS THE SAME THING. These are peaceful protests so why would you not bring your children to learn about freedom and democracy? In fact the only issue with kids being there would be over zealous law enforcement. The whole spin on this has been disgusting.

Could it have been clamed down WAY before this? Fuck ya. If the coward of the cottage simply came out and tried to deal with people we wouldn't be here. He was willing to take a knee over a murder in a foreign nation BUT couldn't come speak to Canadians from all over our nation? That is an ABSOLUTE failure in leadership. At no point in 3 weeks has he done anything useful. My question is simple and it has been repeated all over. If this is a fringe minority why would the War Measures Act be required? (Side bar! I called it that online and had people outraged, that it isn't called that! Ya it is, just cause we changed the name to have less scary words doesn't mean it isn't the same thing) At this point a complete failure of Castro has led to this. The other thing is support for this clown. I urge Jagmeet Singh to make the right choice here. He has said he will support this, that is the wrong choice. I hope Jagmeet actually sits and thinks about it. These moments right now will be big parts of our nations history. You don't want to be on the wrong side, stripping away the rights of Canada. I can almost promise if you do people will remember that and your party that is "for the people" will take a hit. 

The war measures act should never even have come up. This is for times of crisis. Is this protest a pain in the ass, for sure. The whole point of a protest is to be a pain in the ass. If your not then it won't accomplish anything. Is there danger to the nation, no. It wouldn't even have been a thought if Castro had even come out and spoke to the country he is supposed to lead. The scary thing is the power it grants him. For example freezing bank accounts. First off, this is why we should NEVER go to a cashless society. I love etransfer and shit but this single act does kinda validate what some tinfoil hat wearing people have been saying. Don't go cashless. It just became a legit fear, not a conspiracy that cashless is a way for the government to control you. Second arrests of people not commiting crimes, simply exercising their right to protest. I repeat one of the cornerstone of democracy is the right to protest and assemble. We are giving a dipshit the right to take that away???  Oh this leads to his voters. WTF is wrong with you? You wanted a woke social justice warrior to get rid of that mean old Nazi Harper, instead you got someone evoking an act that is as close to Fascism as we have ever faced in this nation, fuck your dumb. If you vote liberal again honestly I have 0 respect for you. The point I was going for though is they only even have a minority government because of our broken system. They didn't even get the popular vote which is THE MAJORITY of Canadians but somehow we will all surrender our rights?? That's just wrong. 

On top of that look at how the world is looking at Canada right now. I am a proud Canadian. The fact is it isn't just a thing we tell ourselves people around the world actually like Canada. You go anywhere and it is only good things they say. Mexico, Cuba, USA, Europe. Right now they are all looking at us like WTF. Vlad Putin is a dictator we all know this and even he is like WTF?! Also it was put out if a protester is arrested and has a pet they surrender the pet. If they are unable to get the pet back within a week the pet will have to be put down. SERIOUSLY? Around the world they are hearing Canada will kill your puppy if you dont fall in line. At this point I really have to just say I can't even.......

I am rambling I know so I will wrap it up here. Number one, we as a nation need to come together. First to move forward and grow and recover from Covid. Second we need to oppose this act. In Canada we should never have our rights taken. Not over something so petty. So everyone needs to be emailing and calling their MPs I guess there is 2 days debate and a vote Monday. Funny how the parliment was closed down when debate started and didn't move online even though they have done that for months / years? now. Also people need to stop supporting the libs. They need to go, they are the only government in history willing to suspend rights. If you support that now, think about your future and when you don't agree with something they do. Flat out I know thats not calling for unity by me but at this point you have to get rid of the rot to grow. From their Covid needs dealt with. People need to be let do what they want or as back to normal as they can get. This DOES NOT mean if you dotn want to that you have to. Just do what makes you comfy and safe. I don't wanna get all Qanon and shit here but this literally sounds like the Great Reset and we need to step back from that. We are currently sitting with at least 1 woman in hospital with a broken neck. Over 100 arrested, businesses and person having banks frozen this is not right and it is a dangerous slope. PLEASE OTTAWA police do the right thing, stop attacking your countrymen and MPs please vote properly..... Save our nation.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo