Skip to main content

Random rants

So this one took a bit longer than I thought started a few weeks back. Between pup, school and such haven't had a chance to write as much sorry if some is dated....

 So I made some people angry this week, online. Again. Edmonton had a COLD snap! I think it was record breaking. Our city put out emergency extreme weather plans for the homeless, which is a good idea. I am sure people could die pretty quick in this shit. Our furnace broke down and that was bad enough, I could not imagine being out in it. That's the background, now some more background. Edmonton's woke and hip progressive mayor Don wants us all to use the LRT to bike, to lower our TINY carbon footprint. I guess that's a noble goal. I mean it will mean nothing if the major nations don't but hey might as well try. I hate the LRT. In general its dirty and doesn't feel safe at night. Anyways if your from Edmonton you know where this is going. In the bitter cold the police kicked some homeless people out of an LRT station. Then the next day the police apologized for it. I said it was sad the police had to apologize for doing their jobs. Wow did people get upset. Here is my take.... The city literally wants us to get more green but is letting people have picnics in the stations. NO. IF you actually want people to get on board with this you have to clean it up! The police did nothing wrong, they did what they are supposed to! NOW I am not heartless, they could have dealt with it better. I don't expect them to drive these people to a shelter but they should have advised them to get to one. The fact is the city has extra lines running to shelter on the transits. So these people maybe should have been told to head to the transit. I am not saying the cops were perfect in this but they did what they are supposed to. Donnie you want the LRT used you need to make people want to, its a shame he came down on the police for doing their job. Of course I got jumped all over for supporting the police. What made me laugh is these people all of a sudden are so concerned about the homeless. Really? Are they or did they just want to attack the police again. I asked how many had donated to shelters or anything like that recently. Or maybe they couldn't, sure then when was the last time they volunteered? Very few had done either. IF you read my last blog I recently donated to a shelter. HOWEVER this wasn't the first time. In fact monthly I usually donate. This isn't a high and mighty thing So really what this was telling me is these people don't care, they just wanted another reason to critique the cops. I don't always agree with the police. In fact sometime I am very upset with them but I admit I could never do their job. It like being a goalie in sports, your going to take all the shit when things don't go right. But worse because you aren't usually the hero when things do.....

School, wish I had been a better student first time in school. I am finding I enjoy it and that when applying myself it really isn't that hard. I will clarify I mean concepts, some math and shit still is. I could be a professional student. Serious. If I won the lotto or something I could do this full time. Honestly arts, so I could dabble in everything. I like learning and it is sad we cant do more of it. You get a degree and move into a field. It would be neat to learn something try it and be able to try something else. I mean no not everyone could be a doctor but how many people think of trying something else. I am willing to bet lots of people would. I am just thinking if I ever do have a child I am starting to save for them for school right away. No I don't want them to spend 15 years in school BUT I do want them to at least be able to take whatever they want....

Tom MacDonald, fake woke I wanna rant about that for a minute. I wanna start with an apology, to Nova Rockafeller. I am sure she likely doesn't remember me but I met her a few times many years back. Her and my friends (KT and Amazing if you have read my old blogs you have "met" these 2 before) were friends. I would go as far as to say I think Ditch had a crush on her. When I heard she wanted to be a female rapper I laughed, clearly I should not have. Seems like she is living her dream and I have to say that is pretty fucking cool. As a guy who has dreams but has yet to live them I am happy for her. I guess the same for her beau Tom. Spotify suggested him to me a few times, I listened and thought he was alright. I used to love Madchild and seeing Tom rap with him, then Nova made me pay attention. Then along came the song fake woke. I have a few thoughts on it. First I agree with 87.3254987% of it. Somethings I think he is over the top. What I don't like is the mish mash of  it. In my mind it comes off like the angry rants of a high school boy. 90% of my blogs come off that way so I know what I am talking about. So I don't know what to say here I am not shitting on his music. I am agreeing I just wish it uhmm had a better flow, it that makes sense. Second point is don't go the MGK route. You start out calling Eminem fake woke because 20 years ago he made angry music? If an artist doesn't change in 20 years you get Nickelback. 20 years, millions of albums sold, millions of dollars made. Raising a daughter I think will change a person. I have done none of these and I am not the same person I was 20 years ago... Also name dropping and then going on Fox News won't make people pay attention. Hoping Eminem will see it and respond isn't the most sound thinking. Not even because of beef songs just because there is a legit chance he won't care and it won't spring board you to fame. Also maybe it was clickbait but an article popped up saying Tom made the claim to be up there with Biggie and Pac. I am simply going to end this with a check out Fake Woke, he isn't wrong....

The greed of Marvel is annoying me right now. IMO there is 2 parts to Marvel. The Xmen and the rest. The Avengers, the lone wolf guys like Daredevil or Spidey who may cross into one or the other but really the Marvel universe can be broken into 2 parts. I have always been an X fan more than the rest. I mean I love the MCU but I wish it was the Xmen. I am sure they will join soon enough..... Anyways MAYBE that is why Marvel has a dozen freakin X titles right now so people can get into mutants. I dunno but it is too many. By fate or good luck I got back into collecting right as House and Powers of X wrapped up. Kinda perfect like a universe was rebooted. I said toss all the X titles in my file. That did not last, there was too many and I cant waste all my money on comics. Not only that but it grew! Like how many X titles do you need? Also it is marketing genius but  putting one of each of the more popular Xmen in each titles. So I am a bit bitter right now. I cant get all the titles I want or characters because Marvel wants more and more $$$$. Its like the X of swords crossover they recently ran. It was awesome BUT you had to buy 22 issues across all titles or it would not have made much sense. To me comics shouldn't cost that much. I get they need to make money, that's fair but to take that much from people doesn't seem right. Like it used to be aimed at youth but I don't know many teens that could afford all that. 

My pup is sick and it sucks. We got him at 8 weeks old, 2 days before Xmas. Like any pup he is a handful! Playful, curious and working on being house broke. SO that means outside every couple hours even when it was freezing. Early mornings! Some middle of night trips out. However it is worth it, ya know when he is tired and lays down on you to cuddle. Then about 3 weeks ago his poops started getting very liquid and he had 4 in the AM before work which was alarming. We took him in and the vet checked him over. The main thing SEEMED like he still had energy, appietette and was drinking So they gave him probiotics. 2 days later he started vomiting, so we took him to vet eremg. He still seemed healthy SO they gave him antibiotics and an anti parasitic. BUT then one morning he just started dropping liquid out of him when he jumped. BACK to ER and they keep him over night. Doing actual tests. Which all said he was fine. More meds and home. Next week the poo results came in and he has the equivalent to "Beaver Fever" Wife sterilized the whole house and we got the proper meds for that. Roughly a week later he was complete and things seemed okay. Of course the day after his meds were done it started again. So one more time to vet emerg. This time it's hardcore. Stronger meds, longer time and puppy quarniteen. Separated from other dog. Paws washed every time comes inside. Mini bath after every poop. House recleaned top to bottom AND keep that up the entire time. The amount of clearing being done right now is insane! Now hopefully it will be over soon. Hopefully he is healthy and life can get back to normal. How do you explain all this to a pup. Why he needs meds and locked up.... On top of that older dog is upset. First he had to go to vet as well just for meds as a precaution. Then his brother is getting all the attention. So after 7 years no accidents I woke up one morning to a massive shit in the hallway. A few days later he has peed on the wifes yoga mat. So he is mad..... Anyways that has been life for a few weeks now. Let me just say if you are getting a pet, get insurance. Yes this has cost a lot because there is deductibles and of course things less than that add up quickly but I am very glad we have it....

So Netflix released a documentary on Elisa Lam. This case caught my interest years ago then fizzled out. From the original media it sounded crazy, like a horror story. This documentary makes it seem a lot more normal. First let me say it wasn't quite what I thought. I thought it was going to be more about the Cecil and it's crazy past. That's on me, I am a dumbass but would still like to see a Doc like that. Anyways I liked how this documentary showed all the possible ideas as to how she ended up in there and disproved most. It totally killed any respect I had for websleuths. Not that I had any but very much made me dislike them. The fact is police do a job, maybe you don't think they did it right BUT you have no idea..... Just because you watched a crime show hardly makes you a detective. To me Morbid was lame BUT people had no right to attack him like that. Clearly these people are clueless and dangerous. Likely screwing up an actual investigation. I wont say too much, you can go watch it but my take is suicide. Maybe not on purpose but I don't think it was a homicide. It would take WAY too much for that to happen. While there are a million strange little things I think you could look into any crime and find strange things. This one was so picked over of course these things will pop up. When they said the tank was sealed that was one thing. She couldn't have done that and it would most likely be murder. The fact is was open means sadly she could have got herself in here. It doesn't say for sure she did anyone could have left it open BUT it is more likely she got herself in if it is opened rather than closed. WHY? We may never know and that is the mystery. That could be the homicide part. Did someone spike something on her. Did someone do something that cause her break down? That could be another story as the last part of her life isn't known. However deep down I think this is a tragic tale of a mental break. 

I am so unsure what to do with my tiki torches now. I was going to let this one go but the world is going nuts and I like to rant. There were antimask protests in Edmonton and Calgary recently, people there carried Tiki Torches. Let's be real, torches hate been used in hate activites many times. Also I can almost guarantee there were racist people at those rallies. That doesn't make the rally racist. Literally if you use that logical the BLM rallies last summer then were hate crimes. Because the same as I know racist people attended the antimask rallies I know people who robbed and burned attended BLM rallies. Lets stop painting everyone as the worst. The simple fact is people are tired of this covid shit. I literally screen capped and tweeted a pic to Ratched Racheal of a man who could NEVER be in the KKK or a Nazi after she said it was a racist rally. What happened to MLA Irwins office last week is a hate crime. Having a torch is not. What we really need, is to stop having these "woke" often left leaning people labeling everyone they don't agree with Nazis. There is hate speech and that isn't always speech you hate. In fact it is these people such as antifa that are closer to Nazis than most right leaning people I know. It is actually pointing that out that got Gina Carano fired. Nazis didn't start with war and death camps. They found people and labelled them as bad. They used mass media to demonize the Jewish people and divide the nation. More and more these so called "woke" folks are doing the same to people they don't agree with. They run parallel with the Nazis but call anyone they don't like Nazis. Way off what I was starting with BUT these people crying out for someone to be charged with something, like what? Owning a yard ornament? Look just stop. The news had a segment in Edmonton here about a man over the last decade constantly in and out of jail for sex assaults on minors. But people would rather worry about the justice system and torches. I have to stop here cause I am getting mad and I know that won't go anywhere good....

Cancel Culture strikes again! Unless you have been under a rock I am pretty sure the Mandalorian is something you have heard of. Cara Dune or Gina Carano as she is known in reality was a popular character on it. However in the real world she didn't fit the Hollywood mold. I hate the word libtard BUT for Hollywood I have to use it. If you are not ultra WOKE like that clown Seth Rogen, you can't speak. Or you shouldnt for fear of losing your job. Gina posted right wing, Trump supporting tweets. The house of mouse let her go. The fact is the tweet that was the last straw wasn't even as bad! It is a literal FACT, but you must not think for yourself in hollywood. I am not going to make stupid claims like I am cancelling Disney Plus or boycotting Mando, because I know I won't. I have to say though it is pretty bad what we have been reduced to, don't speak unless it agrees with the woke crowd. Let's keep on this topic Morgan Wallen shot himself in the foot, dumbass. He was lighting up the country charts. His music is what I would call real country and he is a 26 year old dumbass. I don't agree with white guys using the dreaded N word, I don't agree with black people using it either really. You wanna use a derogatory word on yourself or friends? Then get mad when others use it?? I don't get it but either way Morgan shouldn't have said it. I guess it is a waiting game, after the video of a wasted Morgan came out saying it people jumped all over him. I quit following some people over them lashing out if I am honest. Groups like the Tennessee Werewolves started in on him. I heard one good song by these guys and they are hoping by being WOKE and attacking him their name will get out there? Sorry no, point your jealousy somewhere else. Just because no one cares what your doing doesn't mean you can build a career on the back of someone else's stupidity. Same for Joshua Hedley, this dude is a giant clown. You appeared on Yelawolfs album. Did you say anything about his words? Yela was called out by Royce for the same shit. Your not getting famous off someone else Josh.... I won't even start on Dr Suess. You cancelled a beloved children's author? You can use the word curated if that helps you sleep. HOWEVER when you stop doing something, like say printing a book. What's another word for stop, what is it??!! Oh ya cancelling. Pepe Le Pew? I am not even starting on the stupidity of that. Pretty sure years of watching him didn't make me a rapist..... GO let your kids play GTA, beat hookers to death in the game but cancel Pepe you dumb fucks.

Telly, I haven't talked about what is on the telly yet. We have been all about Yellowstone. This show is SO good. I remember seeing previews for it a few years aback and wanting to watch but never got around to it. The story is great, the acting, the settings everything was done so well. It seems to have exploded now, like Sons did around its second / third season. Hoping it is around for awhile. American Gods really has been much better this season. The story was much better and I am glad I kept watching, after season 2 I just about quit but it is worth it to watch 3. I got into Star Wars Clone Wars. Alright get your laughs out, 40 years old started a cartoon series.... Honestly it is amazing. Had it come out between the movies I might not have hated the prequel trilogy so much. This new viewing came from Mandalorian. The last season was so good. While I thought the first was a bit cheesy season 2 was amazing. Again I can't rave enough, the only thing was the Luke CGI..... That was a bit cheesy. The other big one this winter was WandaVision. This was different and guess what, I am sure it is the way MCU will be on TV. They experimented and it sort of worked out. Just like Falcon and Winter Soldier looks like it will be a buddy comedy. Marvel is trying to break into as many markets as it can. I have no doubt the movies will still be big blockbusters but I think the small screen is going to branch into many things. Either way what I liked about Wadavision was seeing the actual most powerful avenger can do. Although the hype about it setting up the next phase does seem overblown. Starting Mayans and half way through the Stand, pretty much what I am watching now. Let me say this, Walking Dead take notes from the Stand maybe save that sinking ship. TWD has gone downhill over the last few years. The harder they try the worse it seems to get. The New World or whatever it was called was a hot mess.... Supposedly the main TWD last season is this year, I may be wrong but I believe it will carry on through the spin offs. If you milk it until its dead at least try and make it good. Like These 6 patch over episodes seem to start interesting things, if your milking it to death do it right I guess is what I am saying.

I would like to talk about movies but really, Covid killed that. I so badly want to get back to going out to a movie! Ya its over priced but damn I want that back. I will rant DCEU for a quick second WW84 was bad. I am sad I paid to rent it. COme on DC be better. Also the Snyder Cut of Justice League is cheesy to me. I am only half way done but it proves what I was saying, the original was rushed out. It is 4 hours long BECAUSE the original was pushed out to compete with Avengers. HAD DC made a few more movies building up to JL it would have been fine. All these extras are things that could / should have been explained before. For example Batman should have had his own movie. Not Dawn of Justice. Man of Steel was good. Then you should have explained Batfleck. Hell I dont mind him as an older Batman but how he got there should have been explain. Then WW & I dunno a Flash movie?? Throw cameos in for Aquaman and Cyborg, then Dawn of Justice as your first JL movie. Supes dies, fine. Make a couple movies that explore that world. Throw out your first Aquaman movie and a Cyborg movie. THEN put out THIS JL. The ground work is done, it doesn't need to be 4 hours. You can make this exact movie and everything makes more sense. Rushing JL out was DCs biggest mistake. They weren't in a position to compete with Marvel and all it did was hurt them. The other part, they made a bad movie, live with it. There are some pretty bad stinkers in the MCU, none got "rereleased" accept it and learn from it don't use a do over that's just lame......


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo