Skip to main content

Edmonton Racism

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

George Orwell
Animal Farm

It is funny, no more do people want to be equals. They want to be more equal.

So it has been in my peripherals for awhile but lets talk about Emmell Summerville and his mother Una and the durag incident. You haven't heard about it? Google it quick. Get the jist? Depends on where you watched / read it. The school comes off as racist or just following protocol. A kid was asked to take off a black durag by the principal and the school constable because it has "gang" affiliations. I am going to flat out say it, it might. I am not in cities gang  unit, I don't know. I do know 81 is associated with the Hells Angels but a kid wearing a hockey jersey 81 likely isn't an Angel and poses no threat and wouldn't be called aside on something so crazy. I guess red durags are considered gang symbols, but his was black. I am going to say it, I don't think he is gang affiliated. So yes I am stating right here the ECSD was insane in calling him out as a possible gang member. For that I do think they needed to apologize.

Now what was the code he broke? A no hat policy. Okay, so whats the damn issue then? All through school that was our rule as well. I wasn't allowed to wear my favorite hats in school, ones that I wore every non school day. Lets be 100% clear a durag is another hat. It isn't a religious symbol and even if it was this is a Catholic school. I am not the most Catholic guy but I know the durag isn't something they wear. So no, this is one of the times the rules shouldn't bend for someones "feels" ECSD fucked up and apologized, that should have been the end of it..... OF course it wasn't.

We get a meeting between the mother and the principal. Allegedly so aggressive the police had to be called and the mother got a year ban from the school. She claims she wasn't aggressive, maybe she wasn't. My experience with mothers, when their babies are threatened they become aggressive. But I said allegedly because it is pretty hard to tell. The police believed she was... So I am not sure what to say. She demanded an apology and got one. Here is where the Victim Cycle starts. It wasn't good enough. Durags SHOULD be allowed! Or that's one of her demands. Nope, they shouldn't. Sorry. Do kids who live on a farm get to wear cowboy hats in class? It is a cultural symbol to them as much as the durag is. Also durags aren't just worn by black people. Want a great example, old Eminem videos. Take note, he is white and wearing them. But somehow this is racism and discrimination! Its not. This is literally people not wanting to be equal but to be MORE equal. To get special privileges. So no, I absolutely disagree with letting durags be worn. OR if you do let them be worn, ALL hats should be fine.

She wants a direct apology. I can 100% get behind that. I think. What exactly is she looking for an apology on? Mistakenly calling her son a gang banger. Sure. Anything else, its hard to say if she should get one. Removing her year long ban, okay. That one I can agree to as well, with a caveat. First off, I can agree because a parent needs to be involved in a childs schooling. She should be able to come to parent teachers, go on trips if she wants. Whatever the child might need. BUT the other kids and staff need to feel safe as well. So more outbursts or fights and I would say the ban would need to come back.

So the saga drags on. Instead of being rational adults, we get a protest. The ECSD has a meeting, okay fine. Our favorite local "activist" decided to show up. Again, fine that is his right. Instead of actually doing anything productive like following the proper channels and having a chance to speak. A fist and a petition were raised. This is where this becomes an even bigger joke. The chair Laura Thibert demanded the fist be put down. Why? Honestly he wasn't hurting anything. He is the one who looks like a clown AND anyone knows after holding an arm up after awhile becomes uncomfortable. Let him do it. Now this hurts his feelings. Apparently it sounds like all the white people who have always abuse their power around him. I think at this point MAYBE it is time to look at that. This guy has complained about media stating FACTS. Complained about a mayors picture hanging up, because ya back in the day he was a racist. Harasses police working late night in downtown Edmonton. You want to try and tell me he wasn't just there to make a scene? Nothing productive just another chance to scream all white people are evil. Seriously, you are all sounding like children. The worst of it, it is a child who is suffering because of it. Another rally is planned for the next ECSD meeting. A facebook group is up. The child is reading scripts. At this point I just don't know anymore, what the fuck is wrong with this world.

Fun side note, my favorite lil incel Keean Bexte wrote an article on this. I wish I could read it! I mean if I went digging I am sure I could BUT lil incel has blocked me on twitter. As did his snowflake boss and the shit "chicken lil media" account. I am very surprised though that Keean actually wrote on this. I thought his job was terrorizing females. In fact I think he ran away when he actually ran into said activist. Then I read some comments made on Keeans timeline since people screen captured them. THIS was pure racism. I can say with no concern in my mind that I don't think not letting a child wear a hat isn't racism. The shit people said online was. This is what makes me sick. This is why people can go around playing the race card. There are some true assholes out there. I get it, I am a realist. People aren't always going to like others. And race might be part of it, sexual preference might be. A million factors could be, this doesn't make you a bad person. Saying and doing horrible shit does. And Daddies Lil Incel Keean sure promotes that....

Let me wrap it all up, or at least be more succinct. Since I know I ramble. The principal and school cop made a mistake. Was it profiling? A certain colour durag, is an alleged gang symbol and if it is it shouldn't be allowed in school. My question is why did they seek him out? Was there something leading to to this idea? Either way, the school was wrong and should never had said anything about a gang. Just stuck to the policy and said no head wear. This whole thing would be gone, or shouldn't never have come up had they not been so stupid. They did apologize and really that's all they can do. I guess if your nose is still really out of joint, the great thing about a free country is you can go to a different school. I am not religious but I do have to ask in defense of Catholics, why should they change policy? If you are honest with yourself ask, would it be accepted for me to go into the Islamic academy and demand changes? No, it wouldn't. They wouldn't entertain that idea, but because the fact is there are a lot of White Faced Catholics it is okay to make demands and if they aren't agreed to them then call them racist! Just because you don't get your way doesn't mean everyone is against you and racists. My quote from Animal Farm is because of what's next. The mom now demands durags be allowed. No longer do people want to be equal, everyone wants a little more. No longer is it good enough for all people to be equal, if you or your ancestors have been slighted in the past now you deserve more... Which also isn't right. I didn't slight you. My parents didn't. My grandparents didn't. Their parents didn't. This isn't Rosa Parks, this whole thing is over a hat policy for all students. If the ECSD does cave on this, I will be very disappointed. Daily we here how Alberta is regressing and getting worse. Hillbillies have taken over! It's fear mongering. More and more we have to change for the minority. This isn't always right either. YES there is many thing that do need changed and many that have been. However not everything is bad in our province and needs changed.... But let's move on from that, I can't even speak on how dumb it is. We have he said, she said bullshit. An angry mom with a ban from a school. Again I get how mothers can be and I doubt she was a saint BUT I also know there are millions of moms out there who have probably been angry at schools and not been banned. Your grown ass adults, figure it out! Then these rallies and silent "protests" Other than nothing, what have you accomplished? I dunno should I say the "leader" of them is the equivalent of  non white Rebel Media? Taking a bad situation and making it worse. Maybe all of you need to just sit down, away from media. Not record each other and have a chat. The thing is, this was supposed to all be about a little boy and school. I think everyone has lost sight of that. Maybe you will have irreconcilable differences and it is time for a divorce from each other. Who knows.... All I can say is this has just gotten insane...

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo