Skip to main content

October Wrap Up

So we got stomped again. Twice now we have been mercied. I am sitting on my single assist. So no I am not super happy with my own playing. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself. The fact is I am eligible to play in legends league. The old man league. I am being schooled by guys literally 20 years younger, that played hockey growing up. It is just hard to swallow in a fun league I can't seem to get a few points a game. I can face the facts, I was never "good" per say, even in fun league. Not like some people. Cook, The Frenchman, Candy (If you read my old blogs) but I could put up some points. I did in a crazy lucky game get 7 goals. Now I got 18 games and get 1 assist. It is getting harder to swallow! That's my whiny rant on that. Like I know it is supposed to be to get in shape and yes it does help with my blood for diabetes but it does sting the pride a bit

So I want to get back into comics. I am looking for titles. I have grabbed a couple of the Xmen relaunch. I need to decide which one / ones to follow. I also want a good Bat title and MAYBE a couple non hero series. If I ever wrote comics I feel like it would have to be non hero. I love hero stories but I like telling darker ones. So if you think you know a great title, let me know.

I haven't written much to do with the provincial government so far. Honestly because they haven't done much. But they are now in session again and finally at it. The first budget. (Dropped only after the federal election was over) is a doozy. Pulling funding all over the province and getting a few people angry. From the mayors to well, pretty much everyone. Kenney and Co, I think see themselves as a King Ralph like government. I want to be clear in case you are reading. YOUR NOT! Whether he was or it was a carefully crafted image Ralph was a man of the people. Jason your not. Yours is the only conservative government I haven't voted for. MAYBE I will be wrong. Maybe history will look back and say, Gezz that Jason was a great leader and his cuts really built our province. Personally I think your first act sets a tone that you won't be able to follow. Or if you do then four years from now the will of the people will change and you will be fighting to keep a seat. I have been wrong, but from this first action that is my guess. 4 Years from now who knows what I will be typing.

I want to flat out state my 4 predictions for the NHL season aren't doing to bad. The Wings and the Kings are doing worse than I thought. But I had said they weren't going to. YES I thought they might do better but there is still time. Oil came out hotter than I would have ever given them credit for. Then lets be honest, they "Oiled" up. As of writing this they lost to Detroit last night. One of the worst teams in the league. Making them 1 - 4 in last 5 I believe and shut out twice in those 4. It could be just a skid or it could be back to the norm. But man did they have a lot of fans at the get go.... Washington was easy to predict. They currently are among the best in the league again. I am not gonna say that was a good or hard call.

I don't understand the middle East. Not being racist or a smart ass at this moment I don't. I know Trump pulled out because people "didnt help at Normandy" Neither did any Trump, in fact for fun general knowledge no Chump errr Trump has served in 150 years but that is side tracked. Him ordering the USA out (This is according to news, so it really is hard to say these days) actually has led to freeing a ton of ISIS fighters. The ones prez bone spurs said were defeated. But did they really defeat them?? I mean if they are claiming the just killed El Big Daddy or whatever his name was. Clearly the war wasn't won. More lies from Prez draft dodger. Please USA don't vote him in again. But still not my point. How or why are you guys always killing each other? I do not like the fact in Canada we have had to give a lot to make other feel "welcome" but I don't advocate for killing them! WTF is wrong with you people!

My personal projects are growing. I write this, which actually takes more time than I give it credit for. I started a comic book. I have 4 stories on the go. That's 1 main one and 3 ideas tumbling around in my head.(Plus a half a dozen outlines in various forms) Not counting the one I edited once and need a second edit. I have a buddy who had a great idea for a podcast that I want to do. He even had a great name picked out lol. On top of that I have my terrible hockey and do travel for work. Yes I also have a wife and friends I would like to see. Then there is the basis for my blog. Pop Culture, I need to be able to watch things, read things, pay attention to politics to come on here and rant. So it becomes, in my mind, do I concentrate on one? If so what? To me this blog becomes a bottom rung. I like logging on and seeing people have read it BUT I would prefer that one day something much bigger gets published. I have realized no one is about to read this and say, hey you can make a living doing this come work for me! So what do I do? Put all my effort into one? A couple?? Which, how do I pick? Does working on too much take away quality from everything over all?? Or will I lose somethings when I am not working on them. This is a first world problem but it is what I am dealing with!

So EASTERN Canada spoke. Justin got a second term, a minority. First off Western separation is a joke. Lets put that out there. Literally unless all of BC joined. AB, Sask and Peopletoba. Plus the far north it wouldn't work. HOWEVER clearly something needs fixed. It was over before our polls out here closed. That isn't right. The CPC got more votes than the Liberals but the Libs make up the government. This also isn't the WORST outcome ever. Another majority by the clown would have been the worst. In fact him having to team up with another government to pass anything is awesome. The only thing is, the one he will look to is the NDP. That doesn't bode well for the Cons. It actually puts a lot of power in the NDP hands. I don't know what to do about a broken system. The Libs wanted it fixed until this election when it saved them. Abolish parties? Let's be honest most MPs aren't there for the people. And when they don't tow the line they get the boot "Cough" SNC Lavalin "Cough" They shouldn't have that. They should just be accountable to the people who voted them in. I know I already ranted about being over burdened but that might be a good blog.... How to actually make democracy work.

Last thing and this just popped into my mind listening to people the last couple days. I am seeing on social media and shit let teens trick or treat. Its this or they could be out doing "bad" things! Really? That's the two options. Go trick or treat or rob a liquor store? I am far from the be all end all in parenting. My own dog doesn't listen to me HOWEVER I am sure there are more options than beg for candy or do dumb shit! Just saying. I will be 100% honest by 8ish I am killing the lights and candy is done. The actual kids are out at 6-730 roughly. Soon as I get "kids" bigger than me that are not in costume, old man Tavis comes out and NO CANDY FOR YOU!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo