Skip to main content

My random ideas


Welp we got to see JT’s true face. No the blackface isn’t his true face but the white, rich, arrogant, privileged face is. I really don’t care he did it, once, twice or three times. What I take issue with is hypocrisy. He can’t blame being young. He was educated and actually teaching at that point. Then he went on to blame his privilege. REALLY?! I am not sure, BUT I think Bill Gates who has a bit more is well aware that would be the wrong thing to do. So that is another terrible excuse. JT isn’t some Social Justice Warrior that they want to paint him to be. He has fired women who don’t back down to him. He has blocked ethics investigations. He mocked native Americans with his “Thanks for your donation”. And sure it might just be bitter ole me BUT I still swear forgetting Alberta in a Canada address was an on purpose slap in the Wests face. Face it people he is a rich white boy, the exact thing people claim all conservatives are. He was grabbed because of his name and propped up to get rid of the Harper government and he did it. BUT if you really think there is a difference between him and any other rich entitled white male your wrong….. This election really doesn’t have much choice. Two ugly sides of one coin

I can’t speak really to how DUMB this Purdue Pharma case is. Do we live in a nanny state? Addiction is awful, don’t get that wrong and people dying sucks but how is it the companies fault? Is Budweiser now able to be sued for every drunk driver? Can gun makers now be sued for shooting deaths? Will we be able to sue cigarette companies for lung cancer? Can I sue timmies for making a coffee I like too much? How about McDonalds for people being fat OR better yet silverware makers for making people fat. Honestly how can a company be sued for peoples mistakes? The world is becoming too idiot proof, if that is a thing… And people are no longer accountable for their own actions. Also about to sue an animal rescue for showing me pictures of dogs that made sad. Honestly when is enough, enough? OR if it is justice, fine the shit out of Purdue. However many millions you want. Put it into a rehab centre. A program to help addicts, something useful.

Lets talk Greta Thunberg. In spirit I like her. She seems like a bright young girl with drive and passion, nothing wrong with that. Her whining that her childhood was stolen, well that's a bit much. She is choosing to go on this crusade so, ya maybe no one stole your childhood. Frankly I kinda think you gave it up. Whatever, again Kudos to her for doing it. But have you actually looked into what the climate strike wants? The peoples demands? Google them, read the demands before you simply say this girl is doing the right thing! First as a Canadian and an Albertan you can't with common sense support this. Stop using all fossil fuels. Well fuck me, just shoot our golden ticket. I get it, we will need to move on and diversify Alberta but a sudden stop would be one of the dumbest things ever. So you kinda lost me there. Next reparations..... Really? Some how we are supposed to pay out more money to other countries? We don't already give enough? No dice. We kinda created the modern world. Sorry, not sorry and not about to pay for it. At 38 I am hitting mid life, had we not moved forward I would pretty much be over the hill. Why don't we just all become anti vaxxers? Stop driving, get back to riding horses.... Maybe heat the house with the old wood stove. NOPE give your damn head a shake. And this is just skimming the demands.... I haven't even got deep into them. The next issue is Greta herself. I feel she is being used. You have a 16 year old, white, blonde girl. With some mental issues trying to do good. (That is great) But now you can' speak against her. Or your a Nazi, you hate science, your picking on a child. The left and much of social media is going to jump all over you for not agreeing. Honestly that's kind of well played.... A figurehead no one can argue with, without being labelled a villain. I didn't actually think of this one but it is kind of funny. So Omar Khadr was an innocent child solider. He had no idea murdering was wrong BUT the UN should stop and listen to this child. I am so confused, like do we listen to children or are they innocent and have no idea what they are doing? Last point on this the UN. Remember when the UN was created after the horrors of WWII to prevent something like that from happening again?? Good times, now this little girl is there filing human rights violations. Over the environment. Why do we have the UN? I mean the one time it could have been useful was during the Cold War and we all know it did nothing then. We had the world divided by the Warsaw Pact and NATO. Might be time to put this dinosaur out of its misery....

So my triumphant return to co-ed ESSC ball hockey was a big ole fail! 9-3 loss. Got an assist, so that's better than my entire last ESSC season. It is different than men's league and its not. People joke more with the other team, there is no contact and it is less aggressive. IT however is still decent hockey and a high paced game, the ESSC has come a long way from the 3 on 3 we started with. I will have to keep comments coming, the first team we played (Probably cause they weren't worried about losing) was great and played in the ESSC mindset. Good sportsmanship, clean play.... I have noticed however some teams aren't like that. Game 2 (This is how long some of these blogs sit open with me) We got slaughtered. 12 - 2. Still a fun game, team was decent. I am not a fan of ringers though, of their 12 goals 2 guys got, well all of them. I am going to say when you dominate like that maybe you shouldn't be playing in this league. BUT again they were pretty decent and for the most part it was still a fun game. I didn't get any points.... Maybe it is time for the old man league

Grand Theft Auto. What a series. It has glorified criminal behavior. Had a million people up in arms about the plot lines or options. (Like killing a hooker after a quickie to get your money back) It has become a money making machine and well the last entry sucked. The next one better be better. V didn't flat out suck. It was a decent game with lots of side shit to do. All of which is cool but the whole lay out was to get it launched into online play to make more $$$ for Rockstar Games. San Andres and IV were amazing games. The story lines and characters were awesome and ya just like V they were cutting edge at the time. V was not nearly up to par on that. It was short and while it had a few high points it was not at all as well written as the prior ones. You want the flat out truth? Mafia 3 killed GTA V for story and content BUT it is repetitive and no it doesn't have the side shit to do. If the guys who made GTA teamed up with the writers from Mafia, then you would really have something. I am not stupid, I know GTA aims to be online to to the profits pouring in. But why not make a game for gamers? I want the same amount of hours that Witcher 3 gave me! And ya while people are spending a month finishing that THEN get the online up. Don't race for the bank, make a quality product! I have heard rumors there might be a new setting, a New Orleans knock off this time. Instead of the three same places. That would be nice! A female lead, well give it a try. Do I have as much faith in that.... I don't know. I know that most the people I know who play GTA are male, however I assume there are many females that play as well. Or make a few leads again, make one a female. I dunno just get on making a good game again!!

Netflix has been teasing me with Witcher. They released a snippet of Geralt that was laughed at. Then they came back a few months later with trailers of a new look that was bad ass! Plus it has the tag line - The worst monsters are the ones we create ourselves. That tells me, like the games and books while monsters are around, the main plot will be human. If I am fair Ciri and Yen don't really impress me. BUT I have to remember this isn't Wild Hunt. This is the books, years earlier. For a lot of gamers who maybe never read the books, I think they will get a good fill of background. I like the books as much as the game and if they do it right it has the potential to follow up Game Of Thrones. For twists, turns and such. I want to see what Bonhart is like! Here is a villain who in my reading makes me think Ramsay Bolton. I want to see the Slaughter of Cintra. Geralt and Ciri are among my favorite duos, he is a lethal killing machine who will do anything for her. They have a touching story, from before she is even around. My hope is they capture that, even though he is supposed to be stripped of all feeling that is his daughter and he loves her. I have no idea how much went into it but I would love to see Vesemir, he died defending Ciri like his own as well. Dandelion, how could you tell Geralt story without his side kick? Of course Triss and Yen. I mean I doubt we will see them this season but what of the company Geralt gets, along with Dandy and Regis, Milva, Cahir, Angouleme. Between the books and games there is so much material for this series. I hope they do it right. Break it down simple. Geralt is a Witcher (Keep in mind most gamers probably always "Do the right thing". On pages Geralt isn't always as nice) He is stuck in this world ending prophecy. He finds and ends up adopting a daughter he cares for more than anything, even though he has been "stripped" of emotions. Along the way he is going to romance a few women and be involved in a few plots. Meet all kinds of royalty. Oh and there is monsters, BUT they are more to show the real monsters are human.....

NHL starts again! Let me make a few predictions here. 1) The Oilers still struggle. I literally don't know what is up. I blamed Taylor Hall but I guess there is more to it than that. (2) 100 point guys and no playoff spot??? I read last team to have 2 guys like that was the Caps. Ovi and Backs, when they dominated the league! I fully blame the back end. Sorry guys. Mike Smith is decent, I will give him that. Mikko Koskiken though??? What was the deal there?? I never thought Talbot was an all star. Yes he had an amazing season. I think to an all star he is an amazing back up but just turfing him and moving Koskiken up. That was just a strange idea. Nurse impressed me to no end a WJC. I was happy the Oil drafted him but IMO he didn't live up to the hype I had in my own head about him. I was playing my NHL game and laughed I knew it was a video game because the Oil had the strongest D core in the league and Lucic got 4 goals in a game.... Signing Neal was great, sure. If he has someone like Connor feeding him he could easily return to what he was but if your still letting in way too many your not going to win. I do have some faith they will be better. I will say swinging for a playoff spot. MAYBE getting in but even if they have 2 - 100 pt guys again its going be a tough season.

Another team "rebuilding" is my Wings. They had the longest playoff appearance run of any professional sports team. So ya eventually they will need to restart. First Stevie Y is back. On the ice he was the man. In Tampas offices he build a machine, can he work his magic back in the D? I am willing to put money on it. Having said that I don't see much different year than the Oil. It will take a bit of time. Whether it is luck or skill Detroit has always seemed to do okay with drafting later so lets see what a couple high picks can do for them. I like the looks of Filip Zadina and when he finally gets to play full time I think we are going to see some point from him. Moritz Seider shocked a few people as a pick, but in Stevie we trust. So as I stated, I don't have high hopes this season but getting closer to that playoff spot and in a year or two when the kids are ready to play D will be back in the game.

Now of the 4 teams I am gonna talk about the Caps are by far the best. Starting right at the back, if the with the Holtbeast! If the Oil or Wings had him I would say they would do 15 - 25 points better in the year end standings. Honestly I think the Oil would be in the playoffs without a doubt. I put that much faith in him. On top of that you have a decent D core. Carlson, Kempny, Orlov, and the kid Siegenthaler. Then you have Wilson to be a pest and tough guy. Then you hit the top lines. Kuz (Scarface, when he gets back to playing and off coke mountain) Backs, Oshie, Eller and Ovi. From front to back this team is tight. There is no reason this team isn't a top 5. No I a not saying Presidents trophy but up there for sure. I am going to end these guys on a Ovi note. I think he has another 50 goal season coming up. I think he is easily the most talented goal scorer of his generation and probably the generation before and after. Is he the best overall? No, let's be honest he is a top 3-5 but he isn't McDavid or even (It hurts to say) Crosby. But neither of them can fill the net like him. And I wouldn't even call him a sniper. He is at his best and most useful as a power forward banging bodies.

The last one is the Kings, yes I am a band wagon jumper. I was there in Staples Center when they were handed their first cup. Two years later I called them winning again. I am sad at the spiral since then. Big, strong, defensive team. Before I became a bandwagon jumper I called Quick being a star. I believe it was right around WJC tourny when he got his chance as a back up and stole the show. The fact was, I wasn't a Kings fan but watching him I was impressed. Plus you got Doughty who I have always liked. Guys like Kopitar and Brown, what do they lack.... A stud on the front end. Yes Carter came but he hasn't been a stud as much as they hoped. Gabby and Kovalchuk really didn't pan out. They have 2 choices now. Blow it up now, start a dreaded rebuild. Face the fact the entire rooster is ageing (Star wise) OR A) Hope the "stars" all for one year do as they should. Kopitar, Kovi, Doughty, Quick and maybe make a play off push B) Trade for a sniper. (This has failed before) Me I would do option A. They do have the talent for another playoff push. I don't see that as succeeding but they do have the potential. The season has started, no team is giving the Kings a top sniper without a huge payback. So my only hope is the stars line up right and the Kings put one more valiant effort out. My heart of hearts say a playoff missed. Maybe only by a few point but still sitting out with the Oil and Wings come May. It is time to look deep into the draft and maybe some trades. Find a new cornerstone and rebuilt this team.

Writing has slowed right the frick down! I am not sure why but my body doesn't get me up at 5 and make me write for an hour. It mightbe cause it is dark in the AM but I am now barely waking for 6 and barely getting anything done. I got a first draft done, I was happy. I edited the whole thing and need someone to do a second read. Then it really becomes the tricky part. Do you go to an agent or do you go direct? I don't know what would be best. I moved on and am trying to finish a different story. It is close but then it will be the same. I will have to edit and the whole process again.... Does anyone know the right way to do that! Let me know if you do. Blogging has been okay but I think I a using it as a tool to not edit because I hate editing and am avoiding work. I was about to post a link to fansideseats.com for my writing there and say hey if anyone knows a place looking for pop culture writing let me know! But I guess it is now strictly an NHL site and my shit is gone..... But the point is still valid if anyone knows a fan site or pop site that needs a contributor let me know!

Before I move onto my last item this is just a friendly reminder Ed the Sock is no more a journalist than those clowns at Rebel Media. He is a poor mans fleshlight and I am dumbfounded how many people are buying into his gimmick again.

TV season is back, looks like detectives are all the rage again. Pennyworth is fucky. I am so confused. Is it a light steampunk telling of Alfred? It is almost to the point I don't know why they even used Alfred. Other than to draw suckers like me into another Bat show. Can't see myself watching to much more. Batwoman / Batgirl whatever starts? Or started I dunno. 0 interested, sorry DC you left a bad taste in my mouth. I haven't even watched the first season of Titans, which is sad because people have told me I would love it. I guess I haven't seen the newest season of Jessica Jones either... It was my least favorite MCU on TV anyways. Rumors, now it could be fan boy shit but rumors say they are going to cross onto the big screen. Wouldn't it be awesome if Charlie Cox showed up as DD in the next spider-man? Evil was interesting. The pilot kinda hooked me somewhat but it borders on the need to be HBO not global or whatever. Chances are I will watch another few and see where it goes. Michael Emerson is awesome as as bad guy and I think he might make this one good. Prodigal Son is in the same boat. Actors I know and like a story that might take off. So far it seems to borrow deeply from Silence of the Lambs but they are doing good at building a back plot which may end up interesting. Is Lethal Weapon coming back? Oh never mind a quick google search says nope. Shitty I liked that one. I blame the Wayan. Right from the firing of Clayne Crawford it was doomed. Stiffler came on and was actually really good. Surprisingly good. BUT when a show has that much strife it is doomed to disappear. Also on the outgoing is Lucifer. It was saved by Netflix but only for two seasons. Which also sucks. This could have been a really good show. On cable it was good but Netflix really could have made it great. Suits wrapped up I guess. I think I am in season 6.... I dunno I like it but it is very repetitive. How many times can a last minute trick save them? I will finish it but I really haven't been powering through it like I used to. Mayans is back, I am so happy cause it is my fav show on TV now. It isn't Sons and it isn't the Shield. It isn't as good. There I said it, deal with it! I think it could be but both those shows built over time. Mayans didn't it just dumps a dozen plots on you all at once. Which I am not a fan of. They are all good plots but lets get some building... My biggest beef if Potter who was awesome in Sons is almost written to bizarre now. Also Happy, WTF. So he was the killer, but nothing is coming of that. I wouldn't have liked it but they should have killed him. He even said, he would kill the person who murdered his mother. They tied him up and tortured him for an episode. He is letting it go? Sons made him the most ruthless cold blooded trigger man and he is letting this go? He said it right in the show either you'll be dead or I will. Then do it. One way or another. It really is the only thing tat makes sense. LAST show I am bringing up for now, or at least this blog Hawaii 5.0. Big cliff hanger last season, who did she shoot. Okay I was right Jerry, but he survived. Just to leave? I don't get it, unless they are writing something bigger in why save a character to write him out?? OH and the shooter WTF happened there? Are we going to get back to that or nah just forget that whole story and move on. I like the new chick, a female Steve sure but we are missing some big details. DEAR HOLLYWOOD hire me! Oh that was a lie I wanted to rant on Fear and TWD but that became paragraph of its own.

Fear the Walking Dead ended. Might be time to end this spin off. Ginny is straight up a boring ass villain. She isn't scary, charismatic, hateable, anything a villain needs. From the second they killed Nick off I lost a lot of interest. What I liked is this show has been all over. It has tried to show how various peoples would survive. Bikers, survivalists, drug lords, hell even vultures. Cool. However no story has stuck or had enough time to develop it. Crossing over Morgan and Dwight hasn't saved it. (Morgan and Nick would have been a great line BTW but no you killed that soon as it started) If Morgan dies it is either brilliant or terrible.... See Moe-Moe has been in it since the first regular TWD. He really is a massive character. To die in the dust alone is weak sauce. Or is it? It would actually be deep to show anyone in this world can die tragically alone. Or it can just be taken as weak writing. Building a villain up by killing a big character. Either way this show needs something..... And developing more spinoffs. Please stop. Unless something is going to explain how this all happened just stop. I thought Fear was going to do that! At least the Stand had Captain Tripps. Last Fear comment MAYBE if it can tie into the upcoming movies, MAYBE that can save it. Regular TWD starts tomorrow night. I am hoping it picks up. As always the previews look awesome. I think they will stick to the same formula. Couple intense episodes, 12 boring ones and a crazy end. I feel like a negative Nelly here but this one is going down the tubes too. Negan made it watchable for a couple seasons. Last season was kinda boring, the Whisperers are great in the comics but not so much on the screen. Honestly, they have made so many changes already just start your own thing! Don't follow the comics anymore. Breathe new life into the series and maybe, just maybe it can have a few more season.

So that's a jumble of random crap. I might get a politics blog in, in the next week or so about this election. I was going to write it here but it will be long winded and I am done for now.




Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo