Skip to main content

The World today!

So the weather has been shit this year, so far for the summer at least. I complained last year it was too hot. I will take that any day over the wet of this year. I mean my garden is doing okay but it is so wet I really don't wanna go stand in mud and weed. Even though that is what it really needs. I should be out there now since again they call for rain this afternoon, but it has been awhile since I wrote. It messes up the chance to get out and have a fire. Or fish, or golf or even let the dog play. And he needs it! This time inside is making him mental!! So I put one thought out into the air.... Please let the weather get better...

Would interviews be cool here? To the 20 - 120 people who seem to read this would you like interviews?? I have a couple I would like to do and post here. I dunno, if you know my twitter or what email me or something and give me your thoughts.... Looking to expand my writing, funny story well maybe not funny but a story about that coming up. I might be a clown for believing it but I think I was told to write more. Work on it more and wait for a universal kick in the pants.

It has actually been kind of a brutal week. My brother, I have written about got a kidney transplant years ago. It worked well but organ donations do have a time stamp. He has started to feel not well. So last weekend on Friday I stayed at his house. Saturday my family came down and I turned 38. We had a nice dinner and chilled out. Sunday was calm, then Monday they went home. My brothers girlfriend called and said she took him to the hospital. He was sick and having pains. SO I went there. It was a rough night but just after midnight they said they would keep him. So I went home and got some sleep. I went back the next AM and was told they were going to put dialysis lines in. SO that happened and his first round of dialysis. Then he went home. Everything was good right? Nope he was back that night with more pain and the insert site would not stop bleeding. So another night in the hospital. They tried everything. Except the common sense thing. I thought, hey why not put a stitch or two in. BUT I didn't say it cause well they are doctors and they would have thought that right? It was the next day they finally tried that. To me this is crazy, why not do that much sooner?? But either way he is better now. And even if it sounded like I was shitting on the hospital, I wasn't. The nurses were great, they have a thankless job but took good care of him. So I have to say thanks.

But that leads me to other people, stupid fucking people. You anti Vaxxers need a kick in the fucking head. I would e happy to do it. You do realize you are the reason diseases long since defeated are coming back? WTF is wrong with you people? Also people against stem cell research or not signing donor cards. Your barely better. Why would you not want people to try and be healthier? Or what is wrong with letting someone use your parts if you no longer need them? I will never understand people.

We WON! My mens team pulled a win out. However we still are only 2 - 15 in my mens league ball hockey. Rough right? I have 0 points in 9 games. So to hit my 8 points I wanted for the season that means I need 8 points in the last 5 games... I don't see me fulfilling the goals I set for myself. But I think it has helped with health. I mean after games my blood is great and I feel in better shape, so at 38 I think that is what actually counts. Hope we play again next season. MAYBE then I can get back to getting points and feeling like I help the team OR maybe it is time to face I am old.... I seem to have lost my shot and can't boogey as fast as I once could.

At the street performers festival, I saw my first psychic. I put no faith in the before this and still skeptical after BUT here is how it went down. My wife walked by and sat down and tried. We didn't fill anything out or answer any questions we sat down and he did his tarot thing. The fact was while some was some what vague and most people could interpret however they wanted some was almost bang on for her. We went had lunch and wine and I said fuck it, I wanna try. So right off the bat he said a couple things I did not understand. Like a sibling rivalry was over. Then he nailed my take on religion. That, he had no way of knowing, so that kinda sold me. Then the thing I hope he was right about my "hands" were ready to have some serious money flow through them lol. Wouldn't that be nice. What stuck was my job wasn't what I was meant to do. I deal in the physical world, but I should be in the idea world. Meaning thoughts, which yes could totally be my take on it but that is telling stories. Writing.... Whatever. Also that the universe would give me a chance to do that but I had to see it and take it. I really wanted to do the past lives thing to BUT I didn't have the coin for that. Maybe some day soon though. What he did also say was for some reason I am very hard to read. Very hard to see into, whatever that might mean. So there I dunno, will I get a chance to write? Or will my new job be good and money will flow through my hands...... Also since I was hard to read he said ask something else. He seemed to nail my relationship and how we are.......

I am old. 38 to be exact. Now roughly I have lived in Edmonton exactly half my life. 19 years in Grande Prairie and 19 years in Edmonton. I never honestly thought I would be in Edmonton more than 4 years, to get my schooling. I never actually even thought what my life might be like at 38. I can say I like my life, I have had a few adventures and at 38 I think I finally feel grown up. Like I may actually move forward in my life but then the fear comes. Is my life half over? And time now seems to fly by. These past 19 years seem much faster than the first 19. Like I said about hockey am I getting to the top or over the hill and it will go downwards? I feel there is still a lot I wanna do. I want to travel, the psychic knew that, but that could be anyone. He said I finally would / could.... Is this a mid life crisis?? I still like video games, is that normal? I remember thinking 38 was old, does that mean I am old? A lot of times when I "think" I think of stories I want to write. Develop characters and so on but now I find myself thinking more in reality. Like bills to pay, plans to make, worries about real people. Is that an adult? Is that 38? Am I becoming mature or getting crazy and paranoid about life?

My wife threw me a birthday party, it was awesome. If you are in Edmonton I highly suggest Halleys club. First the upstairs for dinner is great. We had a massive table and for some it was perfect. If you wanted to spend the night there partying, timing for food was good. Spaced between each course and drinks and such HOWEVER if you wanted to eat and run it wasn't the place. They might do that for a date night, get you in and out quick but for a big table it was awhile. The food was good. Like the mushroom flat bread is not even joking maybe the best I ever had. The pastas were good, like it was all good BUT again it is pricey! Keep that in mind. The live band and speak easy feel is a neat little environment that is unique. The songs are all jazzy or bluesy covers of hits. When you head downstairs the nightclub is awesome. The vibe is super chill, at least the night we were there, no one was an ass. The couches are comfy and great for a group setting. The only strange thing is the bathrooms. I can almost guarantee people have joined the "mile high" club on the ground in them. If you go, you will see.

NEXTFLIX released new pictures of Henry Cavill as Geralt the Witcher. Thank god! The first shots of him were just awful and I think that is why they redid it. Fan responses were much more positive this time. I have so much desire that, that show does well. I started with the game and thought it was amazing. Possibly the best video game I have ever played and has insane replay value.Even the DLC is worth it. Then moved on to the books. Which actually improve the game and are also amazing. So I do not want them to make a show that kills it! The fact is they could easily make another Witcher game, maybe after Cyberpunk. (Also I hope that one does well!) Now I hope the show is gritty like the books.  I don't want kid gloves on this. The monsters are secondary! Like GoT it can have some magic and such but the main story (I hope!) will still be about humanity. They have great source material so I hope they can make it a hit.

WOW I can't believe this one took me over 2 weeks to get done! Like some of this stuff is a couple weeks old now but anyways. This is it for real. No more blogs for a bit, concentrate on some other writing! Well thats a lie I have one more ready to release maybe later in the week and MAYBE onemore project but for now this is it!! Time to do some real writing!!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo