Skip to main content

Just more random ideas on my life!

I was bothered by an article I read on huffington post the other day. Not having kids sing the anthem in school. To me this is going too far, with social justice or whatever you want to call in now. I had to sing it in the morning, didn't hurt me. I get taking the lords prayer out. We had to say that, "back in the day" Now there are so many people of different religions that maybe it has become inappropriate, I can give you that. HOWEVER why take away the anthem? Are we not all Canadian? People talk about lacking Canadian identity and we want to take away our national song? They claimed it is hyper nationalist. And? We should take pride in our nation. NO it doesn't say everything is good and nothing bad. Why would you write a song trying to instill national pride with the bad in it? I mean I guess you can call me backwards, redneck, whatever you want but IMO the national anthem should be said. Millions or even billions of people would like to come here. To have the lives we have here, we should have national pride and that goes for everyone. Religion, race, sexual orientation, age, sex. None of that should matter when it comes to being Canadian. We accept all, or that is the plan so everyone should respect that. For some reason though it has become acceptable to disregard the anthem. Also the same author admitted to not wearing a poppy on Remembrance day. This absolutely makes my blood boil. We have our freedoms and rights because people were willing to fight and die for them. They deserve respect. I can admit it, I would have a hard time risking my life. That's honesty, I am willing to bet these people who won't even honor the vets wouldn't stick their neck out but are happy to have all that we do because of these vets. How did we go so wrong? Where and when did this happen? Respect has gone out the window, for peoples feels.... In the 60s people rebelled. And they had reason! What do we have now? Not every little (I HATE THIS WORD) snowflake is told everyday how special they are? It really sickness me, how out to lunch social justice is becoming. OH and in all of us command. If I am ranting let me rant a bit more. This is another over feminist social justice move. I get it, "sons" was a rewording after the wars. It isn't "inclusive" enough. The wars ended what 70 years ago! They didn't make a fuss then. The honest fact is, the new wording isn't bad. In all of us command. Ya is sounds strange (DUMB) after 37 years of the other way, but I can admit it isn't bad per say. My issue is 100% with why it was done. Yet again to please some hyper sensitive SJW. When are we going to stop crumbling to that? I have been blessed (cursed?) to have lived a life around strong women.Not one cared about the change. The fact is some actually thought it was stupid. This isn't about feminism. It is about the fragility of some people, who feel if not flat out named they are being insulted. Let's be honest, there is a million things in this world that could be worked on, but really the anthem? I guess that is my rant on that....

I dunno what the Oilers are doing. I am straight up confused. They sign a green goalie which basically was Talbots sign he was on the way out. If I was him I would either just stop trying OR be an allstar for my last few games. Then they go and trade him for another green goalie… What are they doing on the back end?? I am losing faith, not that I had a ton anyways. Also paying more attention my buddy Nurse, isn’t as good as I want him to be. I put a ton of faith in him, he is still young but I am hoping he develops some more defensive talent. Young, strong, tough but not quite the talent… YET. I am not giving up hope but saying Nurse, I believe in you prove me right!! Also Sam is back? I don’t like it but I do??? He has heart! But he is on the downswing of his career. I am hoping he has leadership though. Maybe that is why he is back. Who is next Fernando? Oh or Rolly, please Rolly! My guess Connor doesn’t win the hart this year but that would be a robbery for him not to. To be as good as he is on as bad a team as they have been

Justin "Jussie" Smollett proves he is the dumbest hack in AmeriKKKa this week. The left was appalled at the attack on the actor. Maga supporting thugs in a racial attack, what was this country coming to! Right off the bat some people said fake. BUt many said nope, this is proof how far we have fallen, that this shit is happening again. Like in the past, we have gone back to hangings. Then the truth came out, he did fake it. Why? Over his salary on a television show..... Right off the bat, your already over paid. I love T.V look at my blog! But I can admit they are over paid! You know what, it wouldn't even be so bad, so damaging to so many had he not tried to make it a homophobic, racist maga attack. Now every rightwing commentator is using this to say racism isn't real, the left is the ones doing the violent attacks. The left is hellbent on dividing the nation and on and on. The fact is in Jussies case I can't argue. His greed is what this was about. And he tried to use a very heated political climate to gain sympathy. Dude this is the lowest of the low and you actually helped the whole maga movement. Not that you really cared about it, if you did you wouldn't have faked the attack. Don't get it twisted though, I can totally see some of the red maga hat wearing shit shows doing something like this just this time they didn't.

First we have valentines days last week. I don't even know what to say about it. I wish I could remember what the actual number was but a single day was going to do billions in business. Rivaling Christmas. Part of me supports it, it is nice to show your other half you love them. Gifts, fine dining, lingerie, whatever. Then part of me is very what the fuck. Shouldn't you be showing that love like year round? Shouldn't they know you love them? If candy companies are responsible for Halloween, the hallmark and shit are responsible for Valentines day! All that ramble and yes I fell on the spending part, we went out for a nice meal at the black pearl here in Edmonton. Which brings me to the next thought.....

Service! I get it, actual valentines day or just a busy Thursday, Friday, Saturday. They wanna move you in and out and get that next table going. Truth is, its $$$ in the bank for them to get tables through. More tables more tips. But your risking that tip if they feel rushed. See we sat down and had appies, wine and a main. Yes it was almost 2 hours. That's long I get it but it is based on how things are coming out. We didn't hmm and haaa trying to pick something out. We didn't wait between course to order, so the length of time is based on the speed of the kitchen. They weren't about to offer dessert. This really irked me. They had another table soon. Well then don't over book! I flat out said I want dessert and got the menu. Soon as these plates were done though, they basically pushed us out the door. So in the end I get to feel rushed when I just spent almost $200 on a two person meal?? WTF?? I caved, I shouldn't have. He got a good tip. I also hate  when the tip options are 18, 20 & 25% What happened to 10, if you are unhappy or say 15% being a good tip? Either way, I am putting it out. Next time I feel irritated by service or a restaurant in general. I will be that guy Mr. 10% or less.

Are you watching True Detective? You should be, if you're not. For those of you who remember, that first season was magical. The story was great, Woody and Matthew both were amazing. A dark old detective story. I was hooked. The second season, nah, no good. Had a great line up. Not sure why but it didn't have the right feel to it and I wasn't surprised when another didn't come out. Then this one and it is right back on track. It has that grimy, gritty feeling. A dark mystery, with no instant break to go catch a villain. It shows real people, not the "pop" cop shows that I do still like. Lethal Weapon, Hawaii 5.0 where everyone is good with maybe a character flaw, true detective shows the real world. Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff play it great. Truth is Mahershala Ali has been great in everything I have seen him in and I hope to see him in more.

I gotta put my tinfoil hat on real quick. Whats up with Gerald Butts quitting on PM JT? Justin hasn’t done anything without Butts in the corner. He literally is the right hand. You don’t cut off the hand unless it is to save the body. They also have been friends forever, I may not like them BUT a friendship that old you don’t just quit. So I gotta ask what is up? Why is this happening? Does this have anything to do with Lavalin? Personally I don’t see any other reason. No matter what this is a bad thing for ole JT. Its like the brains walking away. But really is he removed? I am fairly sure JT is still going to be taking Butts into consideration with every choice he makes. It will be interesting to see this unfold and maybe one day know what is really going on. Between Butts and Lavalin I would say the liberals and JT are struggling. Not a good start to an election year….

#UnitedWeRoll I really wanna support this. Remember back a month ago, when they had one of these in Grande Prairie. Yes my family had a couple trucks in it. My thoughts, great send a message. Then they start having them all over. Which is good, then they bung up the Henday and a couple shitty stories came from there. I even tried to defend that, but United we Roll I am having a harder time with. The smaller ones I could say, ya a couple dickbags showed up BUT they are the minority. Most these people are good hard working people just frustrated with a clown in office. This one though, we literally have a "rebel" media reporter riding along. Faith Goldy stopped by with them. She is a White Power advocate! There is no other way to describe her! She was fired from a racist publication for being to racist! That's like firing Connor from the Oilers for being to good! I was talking to a friend in Thunder Bay. I tend to believe him as he is always bluntly honest. Not one who cares if feelings get hurt and I asked him, they are stopping in your city whats it like? He said to me well, the people supporting it here make your Alberta hillbillies look like gentlemen.What do I even say to that? I do still fully back the message, but I am getting wary that it is being hijacked. It reminds me of Iron man 3 when Tony rants at the end about something starting off good but transforming into something else, something negative.... The flipside is you have these people mocking them. I don't understand that either, do these people not use oil based products? Do they not see that yes, like it or not it is a huge engine for this country? I don't often support trickle down economics BUT I do see it here. The fact is they drive the economies in GP & Fort Mac. Some of them foolishly waste money there making for sales at bars, restaurants, car dealership, toy dealerships. Others buy homes and start families. Well that drives construction for example. Which employs me, I take my money and spend it here. When oil is red hot and I am getting OT and bonuses more money is being spent here by me. Read in all the small towns and cities the top donors for rec centres or anything that goes up. Oil names are all over it. I get so sick of people bashing the industry. Or protesting it while using a shit ton of oil based items.

My blog tags pop up as I write this and it reminded me of Alexis Frulling, just curious whatever happened to trampede?

SO those twunts at #MeToo crossed the line. I mean they already have a few times. They love to say we aren’t talking to all men but really? I think they are. But vandalizing the statue of the sailor kissing the woman from one of the most famous WWII pictures is just fucking dumb. First this was 75 years ago. REALLY 75! Your going to vandalize something over something that happened 75 years ago. Second this was the joyous end of the most bloody period in human fucking history. Millions died on the battlefield, millions died in camps, millions were victim of unnatural deaths like starvation and disease brought on by this conflict. I can guarantee whoever did this has never ever dealt with the hardships the people suffered in WWII. I dunno what to say, grow up, have some class, something. Nope what he did in that picture might not have been right, or even acceptable. Specially now BUT what point does vandalizing a statue prove? Nothing, not a damn thing. It is simply a sad act by a sad insecure person.

I am failing. I can admit it about my actual writing this week. Everyday starts the same, I get up , take the dog out and make a coffee. My grandfather told me the best hours of the day are the first. I didn’t believe him until the last few years when I actually started getting out of bed before 10AM.  Then I am SUPPOSED to open the laptop and work. I am supposed to be editing. I finished a first draft, that made me happy but I knew it needed a lot of polishing. So I started editing, am about half way done and now struggling to finish. Distracted by blogging or anything else. I need to buckle down and finish one thing. Then move on…. So I ask the question, after I am done editing I may get a friend to do it to. How many bottles of red wine is a decent payment for roughly 85,000 word edit??? Also what to work on next. I have 2 comic ideas. 1 a comic, in true comic fashion. 1 a comic that might be better as a novel. A crime fiction that has bounced around in my head for decades. Being changed and made better…. Two different mystery stories. But one is very slightly developed so that is a back burner…. Or I was thinking of short stories based around my ideas. I see contests and shit for short stories and maybe that would be a good way to start. Not only that an anthology of ideas based on things I have observed in the world. I call it a modern Prince. OR a children's book, one I asked a long time ago a friend to illustrate. But even this rant is in reality avoiding what I should be doing. So for real I am posting this last blog and taking a few weeks away from it. UNLESS something major happens, that I feel the need to write about…. I do miss Fansideseats, if anyone has anything like that they know of please let me know...... Love pop culture writing!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo