Skip to main content

Random Thoughts for October

Been awhile since I just blogged about random shit. A ton has gone on in my life. I got married, I finished a first draft of my book. Work picked up. My grandmother sadly got worse. So ya even though I should be doing something useful in my chance to write this AM, I think I will chill and ramble.

I guess if I am rambling about writing I am kinda bummed that Fansideseats.com hasn't been putting new shit up for awhile. I was enjoying writing stuff for the and I think there was actually more views of my work so that was good. But not writing there gave me more time to work on my fantasy novel. Which I finished YA! But editing sucks, it is making me rethink the whole writing process. Like I just pour words onto a page and then get back to it months later. Welp half the time I am not sure what I meant and then my writing was so unedited that I, the writer can't get what I was going for. SO I think I need to work on making sure my first drafts are better. Total random thought but I love Neal Gaiman. And when American Gods came on superchannel I was pumped. Then they took it of before I finished! WTF yo!! Like I was digging it and now I dunno how the TV series goes. I was super impressed with what I did see. Also a friend gave me some old books, which I was super pumped about including more Gaiman and King. Plus in a chance happening I went to the Edmonton comiccon and met some local comic workers. From Nothing Works Entertainment. Kantor, Schneider, O'Donnell and Moon.They are doing a series called Jack of Spades which you can pick up at happy harbour. I have the first two and have enjoyed them. It gives me hope people can make it. Or at least get things out in the world. I think that should be more my goal. Not being King, Gaiman or Stan Lee but making something even a few people can enjoy.

So I got married legally. I say legally because it was a small dinner with family, my real wedding is next month in Mexico. With friends and shit. I am excited for it, I am excited to have 2 weeks off.  I started tanning. Let's say that is fun or at least strange. I mean you get naked, stand in a booth and get heated up. It reminds me of cooking a turkey. The day I got married I was so fucking nervous. Like butterflies in the stomach all day. But when it happened I felt great. I think I am growing up. I mean I never thought about marriage and kids and that but now I do. I mean I see how happy people can be with a family. Is it strange I never thought about it until the last few years? I dunno if it is growing up but I think I am okay with a normal life. Like I think I am okay with working, coming home, doing "normal" things. Not having adventures, like I thought I would or being known anymore than any Joe Schmoe. I mean I think I always thought I would have this wild crazy life and struggled when it didn't happen but now. I dunno I think I am okay with it.

Television is finally good again. I could do a whole blog on that but I won't, just a run down lol Daredevil is back, pumped for that! It sucks Netflix is cancelling Marvel shows like Luke Cage and Iron Fist since they are actually good or at least both had great endings setting up cool next seasons. Big Bang is ending, which is shitty cause it was funny but best to end before it gets stale. I mean it has a spin off now. Gotham is also ending which is amazing. I mean when it came out it had so much potential, now it just comes off as cheese.... Honestly I will watch it but it should have ended a couple seasons ago. Riverdale is going all supernatural? Really? I think that is a good way to kill that show. And Rick is leaving Walking Dead. I dunno how that will happen or what will happen with the show after. It has started great but overall both Fear and regular walking dead have gone down hill. Not sure how long they have left. (That part was prior to watching Episode 3 Warning Signs. So good! might be on the right track again!) I don't hate lethal weapon, but I miss Riggs. I can't believe all the shit being redone. Hawaii 5.0, Lethal weapon, Magnum P.I, Roseanne / The Connors oh and now Murphy Freakin Brown?? to name a few. Even my new fav Mayans is a spin off. Now in my opinion Kurt Sutter has another hit on his hands. These are the kind of shows he is great at, the first couple episodes I thought they were going to lean on Sons to make this show work but it turns out they have stepped out from Jax Tellers shadow. Netflix is saving Lucifer, which if they do it well can be a big hit for them. So I hope they do it well and maybe can be a bit more risque than Fox was. The last thing I am gonna say about TV is I cannot wait for Netflix to make the Witcher. It has been my favorite thing in "pop culture" for the last year. Love the games love the books and hope that Netflix does justice to them on TV.

Oiler fans still bug me and haters too. Like seriously guys it is what two weeks into the season?? Both fans and haters are saying oh here we go again... You do realize there is a lot of hockey left? Ya a start like the Leafs (forgive me for saying that) would have been great but as long as you can get shit together lets not dump on them yet! Gawd damn. My poor wings stink, I have such high hopes for Filip Zadina and since they are sticking him in the minors I hope it develops him. Would be amazing to see a top sniper back in the Wings roster. Also still on a high from the Caps winning last year. Ovi for the summer seemed like the Ovi I got a mancrush on 10 - 12 years ago. I wrote an article about why the Oil should sign someone like Carlson. Hell I said send him an offer sheet while they were working on a deal. So far it seems like I wasn't wrong wanting him.... The Kings aren't flying out like I wanted but I say just like Oil let the season start! Oh and Leaf fans same thing, it was a hot start..... There is always the first round of the playoffs to lose in.

I am gonna leave Politics out of this one. With both provincial and federal elections coming I am sure I will have plenty to say. Oh ya Kayne still sucks. Trump is helping him keep that 15 minutes of fame going.... Please stop Mr. Trump

I have over the last few years sadly watched my grandmother go downhill with Alzheimer and dementia.  At first it wasn't bad, maybe being a bit forgetful nothing too big. Then it got worse, forgetting more important things and worse.... The last year likely when I called to talk I was sure she didn't know who she was talking to. I always got the same generic responses that made me sad. Then she had a health issue and was put in the hospital recently. I went home to see her and spend some time with my grandfather. That was hard, I mean great and hard at the same time. I am fairly certain my grandpa was happy I was the there. It made him feel better and that really made me happy, but to see her in a bed not knowing any of us. Not speaking, that was fucking heartbreaking for me. I have always been close with my grandparents, so much so my grandpa thought maybe, just maybe she would remember me of all people. She didn't, I think we both knew she wouldn't but really hoped she might. Then that night we went through some old stuff, that really hit me. We used t go camping every year for at least a week. Even when I moved away I would make a trip and at least spend a couple nights with them. Grandma and I always played Kanasta after dinner. I found our old decks, who knew cards could hit me so hard. I found a Nirvana tape that she kept in her car. Any time she gvave me a ride I would put it in and she would listen. Every time she called it garbage but sometimes she wuld sing the lyrics or what she thought they were at the top of her lungs. It was "grandma take me home" but she would sing "grandma says no". We probably looked the clowns driving around. Just drowned in memories that night and more keep popping up. Its a fucking terrible disease and I hate it. I had more, better for this part but I can't do it. Maybe I will try and do a much better blog for her shortly.

Started dance lessons, a swing / two step. I guess I dance like I learnt to two step in a bar.... Which is not wrong. But I will be a graceful as you rodeo cowboys soon! Eminem is back as the rap god. The more I listen to Kamikaze the more I am mindfucked.  2001 he was a talented and angry rapper, 2018 he is crazy talented. The album is the bomb on word play alone. I also won't shit on revival, I won't lie it is maybe his album I like least but that is more because it isn't the music you expect from him. Not because it isn't true or well done, he simply put down his bravado and people didn't like that. They don't wanna hear an honest Marshal, they want a talented Eminem or an angry Slim Shady.

Don't come to my house if you are over say 12... AT Halloween. I don't mind giving out candy, in fact I got a costume / onsey (Man the world is getting lazy. Including me) I like keeping a tally of how many kids come. I think we give good treats but no, if you are taller than me fuck right off. I remember closing the door once at an old place when the two guys were taller than me an their costumes were just two hockey jerseys.

Anyways wasted a few mornings I should have been editing on this so PEACE!

PS yes I realize after ranting about not editing and it being a dumb thing to do this is still pretty raw...

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo