Skip to main content

Groping accusations

I know some things about myself that aren't always the best. I know I would be a "hanging" judge if I was a judge. If you commit the crime, you can do the time. Yes some laws I think are a total joke and I might give you a slap on the wrist. For example last week I was out running with my dog. My fiance says and pulled completely over (On the wrong side of the road , yes) to say hi.Not blocking traffic nothing. A By-law officer saw comes over and tells her all the tickets he could give her. Reads her license and insurance and all that. Really? Fricking really?! Now he was a decent guy gave her nothing but a warning so I am not complaining but literally I see this weekly or more people parked like that or whatever. I get it that's the rules but I can think of a million other things. Example the first, what about assholes who don't pick up after their dogs. (I DO!) If we are ticketing shit nail those fuckers. Especially the ones who do it in playground or fields kids use! ARGH! Anyways back to the hanging judge topic......

Soleiman Hajj Soleiman was found not guilty last Friday. This has me all over the place with my thought. Like I admit I am mad. Then I have to sit back and breath, try to think. What is maddening for me at least is someone is wrong. The judge did say "something" happened but not sure if they got the right man. WTF is that, in my mind the police arrest the right guy. They don't just go hey that's our man lets get him! (I would assume the majority are good cops and don't). I would say they thought they had their man and had reason for it. The judge says no they didn't. They judge admits yes something terrible went on but it might not have been Soleiman. to me this is undermining the work the police did. They thought they had the right guy and the judge I guess did not.

Flip side of that I am glad there is judges like that. If I had accusations like that come out and was displayed to the public that I was a bad guy and it wasn't true you can be damn sure I would want a judge who was fair. After accusations like that your life is fucked. Let's be honest, you're fucked. The judge felt the various descriptions of the man didn't match and that. That they couldn't properly ID the man and so on. Which is exactly fair, maybe not right but fair. I don't like it but I get it. Our courts are made to protect the accused, if they cannot be proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt then they are innocent. Anyone accused will be happy that is true, but when your on the outside looking in it sure can be aggravating.

My closing thoughts are this. The judge given what the prosecution had was likely right. Does that make it better, no. The fact is the victims approached the lifeguards and complained. The police looked into it and thought they had their man. But our legal system protected him. You don't become the suspect for no reason. So again I am torn, do I still agree innocent until proven guilty. Yes. Will it always make me happy? Clearly not. The bottom line is the judge said something bad happened and even if this man did it we can't convict as we don't have enough proof. So the system is clearly very flawed..... What I can say is I really hope the man is innocent because it would be awful if someone did this in a public pool and gets away with it even though he was put on trial. AND I wasn't going to bring it up but I do hope none of it good or bad is because he is a refugee. We already have people like Rebel Media or hate filled hag Faith Goldy trying their damnedest to make refugees into bogeymen. I hope we don't have the opposite in the judicial system afraid  to act against refugees, if they are guilty.

Last thing since I am on a groping topic, Justin Trudeau. This guy makes me mental. The same interaction can be experienced very differently from one person to the next? Fucking seriously? Of course they can. I am betting Bill Cosby said the same thing. Fuck. No I am not saying he is Bill Cosby but what a stupid thing to say. This poor woman wanted it all gone. Then someone dredged it up. Correct me if I am wrong but it wasn't like she came forward recently and said anything? Thats her choice, so shame on the media and the right wing wackados who are trying to use this against him. Not that he shouldn't have had to answer for this way back when.... Along with the I wouldn't do this look at my record line. Yes you have been very supportive of women. Gacy was also a clown at kids parties. So ya another stupid statement. You want my opinion, the boy wonder likely did do something inappropriate. He comes off as entitled little shit and he thought he could get away with it. She called him on it, nothing happened and years passed by. Now people want to try and use it against him. Even the victim has asked to be left alone, this isn't going to work Trudeau haters. He got away with it. Is that right, no... But there is little you can do about it. I guess it does show a bit that no Justin isn't this golden boy the Liberals want to paint. However on that topic quit digging up old photos...... Look he has led a decent life, seen a lot of things, had his photo taken at lots of events. Drinking, carrying on, whatever. I am willing to bet a million peoples facebook look the same.  It will only get worse as people get more hooked to social media. You're not proving any point against him by posting pics where he looks kinda goofy just actually humanizing him as more an every man who has had some fun....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo