Skip to main content

Sunday Morning Thoughts

I am getting old, I know it from the Rainmaker last night. First I went to the country night which I never likely would have done years prior. Second I found drunks annoying! I don't think I could handle a bar anymore. People spilling, people falling, people bumping into you. For some reason I used to like this! Now I will be honest the daisy duke parade was nice. However I a willing to bet half them girls or more were there to get white girl wasted more than see the acts. Also the guys made me laugh, lot of clean cowboy boots. Like they don't get worn much. Not that I should say much I don't even own cowboy boots. The lineup was good. I have never heard of Emo Leblanc, but he was good. I have to say the most actual country of all the bands. River Town Saints also was new to me, they are pretty damn good BUT they are totally new country. I mean when they started playing fiddy cent I laughed. Oh and them girls in Daisy Dukes started dancing like it was a rap video. Dan Davidson was a good show, I think he may have been the biggest crowd but I kinda expected that with him being the hometown boy. It is funny I have run into him in a few social setting before he was a "star" it is strange to think of seeing an acquaintance up on stage getting huge cheers. James Barker Band was why we went. I love these guys, funny thing getting so big so fast they had to do a few covers like the Saints or they would not have had a full set list. Either way it was a great show.

So the biggest news in my life was starting to do a few articles for fansideseats.com, go check them out! A random chance text from a friend introduced me to these guys, so far I have 3 articles up. On TV, Yelawolf and The Witcher. Hope I can get more up, it is kinda nice to get feed back. But the flip side of that is I have a ton of writing things I wanna do and not enough time. first I have a blog I want to put up here. Not this one, I just wanted to do some free writing even though I should be doing other shit. I have 2 more ideas for Fanside and I finally finished a full novel. Now I need to edit that.... Not enough time!

 The Caps have done it! For the first time in the "Ovi" era they made the Cup finals. Against of all people the Knights. In the Knights first season. I can't believe the Knights made it this far. If they win the cup I am calling a fix OR the next expansion draft needs to be deeper. I am also glad Ovi finally beat Sid in the playoffs. The Caps actually look like a playoff team. They are playing hard, they backcheck. It isn't anymore just high powered offense but an actual team. Also winning $400 makes me happy!

Play on was cancelled this year which I was not impressed with. But I guess now there is a new tourny that weekend that we are in. This year instead of blogging about it after (I might still do that) I want to put up a blog before about ball hockey. See! More unplanned writings! This tourny is Cheaper and teams are supposedly guaranteed a playoff game. Which is actually awesome and makes me wonder why play on is done......

I had a bunch of political junk to write but that is the separate blog. So I ain't even gonna touch that.

Planted a garden for the first time in along time. Not just planted, but stripped the grass from my lawn, which was way more work that expected. Wheelbarrowed a truckload of dirt from the driveway into the back and built a garden. I am really hoping this turns out, within a week my radish and beets are starting to sprout. So I think thats a good sign.

First world problem for the week, running out of propane as you are bbqing during the first nice week of the summer.

Deadpool opened last weekend. I have heard it has good reviews, I hope so. I think we are going to see it next week. I just remember being so let down by Ted 2 and since Deadpool reminded me of Ted a lot I am hoping this doesn't do the same.

Anyways this is just kinda random pointless thoughts now and I guess I am getting sod today, so yippie I get to do boring work rather than the writing I want to do. At least for a few hours so I better go put pants on......

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo