Skip to main content

Good Will to Men

Its all over, another Xmas has come and gone. Did you get what you want? Welp it doesn't matter cause really you could be out buying in on these amazing boxing day sales right now! As I gotten older and maybe wiser I started to realize that last sentences don't matter. I mean actually I knew that a long while back but let me get down to Xmas and what is really about.....

Do you remember what you got last Christmas or the one before that?? Presents are for kids. I mean yes it is a big deal then. I remember just waiting to open my Santa present. But even as a kid something better was always coming. My cousins! We would go over or they would come over and it was soooo much fun. I think that was maybe when I started to there was more to Xmas.

Then I moved away, it solidified it. Coming home it didn't freaking matter what was under that tree. It meant 2 things. Time off! So that was super awesome. But more than that it meant I got to see family. My parents, grandparents and brothers. I remember going with my grandpa to buy a couple bottles of wine and maybe a bottle of whiskey, when I was 18ish. I remember going with my uncle a few years to different pubs or to friends houses. Just to "spread cheer" Wrapping my dads gifts or a few years later sitting with mom in her closet wrapping everyone's gifts. Or after opening gifts, doing things. Like making a skating rink on one of ponds. Playing games with my brothers. Prepping a crazy big meal! All things for a few days done, just spending time with family. So lets put that down, family that is part of the real meaning of Xmas.

Know what else there is? Charity. We should really do this all year round, but people don't. Or not as much. I mean sure we will toss a few bucks here and there BUT for me at least I give more at Xmas. We often go to a Christmas Carol and give money to the actors after when they are raising money. I bought extra food at Safeway to drop in the bins. Some offices do things like toonies to wear ugly Xmas sweaters. People are out with those bells and people actually open the wallets for them. Why is that? Why are people more generous at Xmas? I mean including myself maybe we could all do a tiny bit more all year. Wouldn't that make the world a bit better of a place? So lets put that as something important and great about Xmas. Charity

Hey remember a few days ago when you were nicer? Ya that was good. I was to. I dunno if it cause people have family coming, time off or what but people in general seem nicer leading up to the big day. Then comes Boxing day and we all go back to the grumpy people we were before. I blame boxing day sales but who knows.... So maybe that is something else we could work on doing all year, being a bit more kind.

I am going to put out only 1 thing kinda political in this blog. Who gives a fuck what people say? I say Merry Christmas cause that's what I like. As long as you don't have an issue with me saying that then we are good! You wanna say happy holidays that's fine to. You don't wanna say anything, cool. All I ask is you respect the same back. Here in Canada we have done Christmas for what a couple hundred years??? So ya that's our deal, fuck you if you have an issue. We will put up trees, sing carols and all that jazz. I am not asking that you take part, I am simply asking you respect what we do. Same as if I was in a country that didn't have Christmas. I wouldn't try and push it on them. Can't we as a nation just be happy for each other at this (and all) times of the year? Also some of you people on twitter make me laugh. Just stop for a day, politics, bickering, everything. I can't believe for one day we can't just all get along. I had to respond to one person, so yes that was annoying but really I had to lol....... When your spreading hate on Xmas I can't deal with it!

So there ya go, that's all I can say about Christmas. It seems to bring out the best, charity, kindness, family, friends. Why can't we just do that year round?


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo