Skip to main content

Sunday Rants

It is Sunday, a great day for a rant. I don't have a single thing to ramble about today just some random stuff that has been piling up. As always I didn't win the lotto and have to go back to work Tuesday. On the job front I am still enjoying my job, would love to move to "outside" sales but who knows when that will happen.... Oh and still not a published writer. The more I sit back and think about it the more I like Neil Gaiman. The guy has done everything! Books, TV, movies, comics! That would be my dream! Need to get working for that though, shit I am almost 40.

Let's talk hockey cause I like to. Parents took me to the Det V Oil game last Sunday. First time I have seen the Wings win live. We had great seats, and wow service right at the seat for drinks now??? Plus Rogers food is awesome. Now for Oil fans this year is shit! A friend was saying to repeat last year a lot of guys need to have career years again, like last year. I think this year is proof there is still work to do. Talbot is so streaky, when he is hot he is one of the best. But then he slumps and he is bad.... I would like to see that french kid get some more time. Calling it now, he could be great. The defense is stronger physically BUT still not super talented. I would get a talented vet to lead them. But thats just me. Plus the offense, wtf??? Something needs to spark them.....

I have discovered the ready made meals in Safeway meat shops. Have you found them? If I was still living on my own, I would probably live on them. $7 - 10 for dinner? The only problem is no leftovers for lunch. So in reality it is costing a bit more. But at least not eating the same giant meal for a week. I would say give them a shot though if your rushed one night.

Of course Alberta Politics is gonna come up. Jason Kenney won the leadership of the UCP. Not a huge surprise. What sucks though is that this is the death of sensible Right Wing politics in Alberta. Following the Trump wave all of a sudden nutso are popping up. No I am not a fan of a ton of the NDP policies so far and no I won't vote for them but when they seem like a better option something is wrong IMO. He is trying to channel King Ralph, which he can't he will never be an everyman but keep it up! Also for some reason his opponents are going after his LGBTQ thoughts. This is a waste. It won't chase votes away from him. The people supporting him don't really care. Or currently have other issues they are more interested in. All I mean is yes he is an idiot on that front and everyone knows it so why beat a dead horse?? While it is making me move further from the UCP keeping the platform in the dark is a smart idea. If they only attack him on a moot point they really get nowhere. So I am very heavily looking into the Alberta Party but something about them......

Sadly was at a funeral last weekend. I am not a fan of death cards or whatever they are called. I understand them. The cards with the picture and some writing but I don't like them. To me they seem like death trading cards. Do you save them? What is the right thing to do?

I bought 2 CDs a couple weeks ago. Hollywood Undead V and Yelawolf Trial by Fire. For me Yela is way better. Totally different than his old records, this is twaggy rap lyrics mixed with country. What Kid Rock should have been. HWUD however is just too pop-py for me. There are a couple songs I really like but overall, not a huge fan......

I don't like useless workers. I am just putting it out there. I dunno what happened to work ethic. To me when I was doing labour work I worked until my break. Now if there was something that needed done I would push back my break, do it and then have a break. This concept is foriegn to some people! I get it, you want or need a break take one but I bet it could wait a few minutes and you won't die. On top of that bitching about your job, can't stand that either. If you are say a plumber you plumb. If you are asked to do electric I get it, say no but if your job is plumbing just plumb and shut the fuck up. Also last thing and I don't wanna sound mean but if you are hiring someone mid life that is willing to work for peanuts there is a reason. Lack of desire? I dunno but my biggest single fear is being in my 40s and barely scrapping by barely being above minimum wage. So if that is what you hire there might be a reason.....

I am simply gonna bundle movies and TV.  Not sure what all I have said this year for movies but nothing has blown my mind. Guardians 2 was decent. Wonder Woman was good. Spiderman was decent. Pirates was not what I wanted. I think that series should just stop. BUT the year is ending with Justice League, Thor and Last Jedi. I have high hopes for all three. I want to see IT and the Dark Tower but both got mixed reviews. I did buy a Jim Henson box set I am suppposed to watch this weekend. Game of Thrones was awesome. The final season should be amazing. The Fear the Walking Dead started so strong. Was meh in the middle and had a great end. They announced a cross over with the main series, that is something I am pumped for. I have been trying to find American Gods on DVD to buy. Walking Dead is action packed but moving slow. They mastered making intense episodes that go nowhere. Started the mini series Bad Blood based on Vito Rizzuto. If you have any interest in the Canadian Mafia it is a very good show! Once Upon a Time yet again had a curse and they all lost their memories. I will admit it is decent but they really need a new plot!!!  Oh and I have American Horror Story PVRd but it hasn't hooked me yet.

Yesterday was Remembrance Day. I don't think there is much to say about that. We should all be grateful for the people who have fought for our rights and freedoms. Our clown PM Justin wasn't here for it. In my mind he should have been. I would say the same if it was Harper who wasn't here. Out if the 365 days a leader can travel. (I admit they need to it is part of the job) maybe 5 or 6 they should be here. Remembrance Day is a big one.

It is almost Christmas Party season. I love the open bar ones but I want to say this. If it is an open bar you should be tipping! Lots of places are charging $8 a drink at Xmas parties. If you are lucky enough to have an open bar. Toss some toonies in! Also be safe, take a cab, call for a ride. Do some charity shit. I mean you could do it year round, but maybe instead of everyone buying shit. Some of which will just go into a closet give a few bucks to a charity! Volunteer somewhere, something! Let's actually be what Christmas was supposed to be about! Also just a side note. I will continue to say Merry Christmas. If you really want me to say Happy Holidays, eat a bag a dicks....

Been slacking on the gym. And I can see it, need to get back to hockey or something. However I did start relaxation yoga. Well worth it, if nothing else I find I can sleep better those nights AND the meditation part helps clean out the brain. Dancing! Yup I took dancing lessons. Fox Trot, Tango, Rumba and Jive. I was born with two left feet and I do get frustrated but it was fun. W are likely going to take two step. Which I think I will like, but the instructor told me she would likely break my "bar" two step. Also fairly interested in a second language. Not sure why, think maybe I romanticized it in my head.

Last a little poor me.  I have been blogging an autobiography. In small chunks. This has been eating a ton of my writing time. Only a couple more entries then I will be done. After that I might not blog for a bit. I need to get back to real writing. Here is the problem I get too much on the go. I need a zen process. Like one morning I wake up, bang big idea on my comic story but by noon my mind has wandered to my children's story. I guess I need to set deadlines or something!

Thats all I got.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo